How are You Feeling About Bannerlord and TaleWorlds for the Future?

How do you feel right now about Bannerlord and Taleworlds?

• I'm really positive. I think the game has a bright future, it gets better with every patch

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I'm mildly positive. The game is taking a long time but it will be worth the wait

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • I'm just waiting for the mods. We all know they are what will really make the difference.

Votes: 29 21.6%
  • I'm sceptical and slightly negative. I'm unimpressed with Taleworlds, will see what the mods bring

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • I'm angry. The community has been disrespected, treated like fools. I will never buy another TW game

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • I have reached the stage of apathy - just don't really care.

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Sometimes when I'm in the bath, I re-create scenes from 'Das Boot' using parts of myself + a sponge

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly i am hope for some type of more than trading and battles . I not a fan of the blacksmith to me that is not interesting i would rather have master crafters and but commission a weapon built for me and pay extra money. The trading is good but not enough to carry the game and Battles for me are really good but needs more work for me a few options like spearwall and timed volleys of javelins on command a surrender system getting back you living troops after battle buying them back or just being set free with the player like we have a can the npc's. Better diplomacy is need its not good at all . Workshops have level's ? how about paying for upgrades better equipment or more skilled workers. I want intrigue adding and a enemy system when you hit relationship -100 you killed many of there family and its like they don't care. having a spy in the clan role as we have roguery (starting rumours and lies turning clan against clan) Assassination a ambush in a tavern of in a street (like in warband) or poison the beer or wine or we could get cutscenes to show the result like in shogun total war when you sent a ninja to kill someone you got a cutscene to show the result. So over all trade ok battles good fun the rest barebones ,i don't see the point of going into cities or villages apart from a hair cut. Don't get me wrong i love Bannerlord but i am looking a mods like Banner Kings, Diplomacy, Distinguished Service, DismembermentPlus, Marry anyone continue , Diplomacy, Noble Titles, Intrigues. A bigger map and more factions . But i think TW will keep the game pretty much as it is with some balancing . Banners will be in the last patch before official release . plus i hope the current banners improve the bland and boring.

Personally I don't care anymore, I'm giving the game away to a friend of mine because after this patch it has been making dust. Maybe I'll borrow it back after good mods come out, but it has drained me completely now. Gg.

I feel nothing, haven't touched the game for nearly 2 years, sometimes show up here to mock TW, their progress and/or to check the current state of affairs. I'd say that I didn't know about this major patch, and don't feel like downloading it just to "see if it sticks", not currently inclined to get myself to feel bored so I remain waiting for "full-release". In the beginning I've tried to help as I could with feedback and other shenanigans, but TW ultimately ignores every suggestion, so it's pointless to pretend to participate...

You've also nailed it, this game's only going to be good with mods, but even the mods need the fully flushed features to be round, otherwise you'll get more stable and round experience with WB mods instead. Until next time!

Zqybm4ah_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
The features we expect are certainly not the big stuff. Especially after all these years.. Let personal dialogues and activities come to the game, then let the game come out and end this ordeal.

I am most positive person here wow. If you don't like why do you care to write anything . I know some people just want a debate about anything and this forum i have found that out. Bannerlord is a good its definitely not a bad game but it could be a great game .

I am most positive person here wow. If you don't like why do you care to write anything . I know some people just want a debate about anything and this forum i have found that out. Bannerlord is a good its definitely not a bad game but it could be a great game .
Here's the thing, I've spent money, and I want fun in return, this is the fun. Damn this **** is sad man, **** this, mods ban my account please I don't want to return to this place

Multiplayer is awful. If, hypothetically, Singleplayer is okay or even reasonably good; that still averages out to a bad game. If you don't play multiplayer, that's fine. But there's many of us (albeit admittedly a smaller minority) who bought primarily for multiplayer and got a terrible experience.

As a lifelong Mount and Blader, ardent Warband MP Clanner, lover of many Mods - This game has just never hit that pleasure switch that makes me want to continue. Ive owned it since first available and never even started a Kingdom -because i know nothing of interest awaits me but some mindless wars, zero world campaign intrigue -just nothingness.

Ive moved on to Tales of Glory 1 for the full VR M&B experience which gives that "wow!" sense that i should have felt at least somewhat in this long awaited sequel as Bannerlord. SkyRimVR modded is the other "wow!" game.

Its insane to me that no major mod has been released yet -the way this engine interferes with builds everytime they do an update is prehistorically bad -defeating modders at every turn. Biggest disappointment in an awaited sequel in 40+ years of PC gaming.

I'm confident modders will "fix" it in due time, and make fun full conversions, and that's when I'm going to give it a try. I'm not a goddamn beta tester.
After following it on the forum for years and reading all about its failings (but not playing it), my expectations are very low, which means I'll probably like it a lot when the mods fix it. It helps I'm not burned out like the early access enjoyers.

I took first option, not that I'm over-optimistic but for sure the game gets better patches after patches.
I have bought the game last year February(?) but didn't really experience a full campaign because a lot of work still has to be done.
And while I appreciate the development progress, I'm really concerned by the pace...
It is so slow that I even start to lose any interest...

Iam sceptical.
while i never would discredit the passion and work the developers put into the game, iam concerned by the management of taleworlds since paradox farewell.
Last year callum confirmed that the game will be released on all platforms at once. This year, Armağan said in that Interview that they are working heavily on the console release, like there wouldnt be any other problems. The updates of this year are mostly underwhelming, leaving the impression of a rushed approach where it's not even slightly checked if the idea works out (f.e. spawn system, ai behaviour, economy, etc.). seems like they just kick it out to stick to a timeplan.

Not a fan of that "lets f**k it up like cyberpunk did" mentality at all.
I have a dream that taleworlds is going to step back from that multiplatform release approach and give the game and themself the time that is needed. Even though i could imagine that things are not that easy. Most likely they get pressure by investors, shares, fonds, and other diagrams supervisors present to them. Gaming Industry sucks nowadays.

Iam sceptical.
while i never would discredit the passion and work the developers put into the game, iam concerned by the management of taleworlds since paradox farewell.
Last year callum confirmed that the game will be released on all platforms at once. This year, Armağan said in that Interview that they are working heavily on the console release, like there wouldnt be any other problems. The updates of this year are mostly underwhelming, leaving the impression of a rushed approach where it's not even slightly checked if the idea works out (f.e. spawn system, ai behaviour, economy, etc.). seems like they just kick it out to stick to a timeplan.

Not a fan of that "lets f**k it up like cyberpunk did" mentality at all.
I have a dream that taleworlds is going to step back from that multiplatform release approach and give the game and themself the time that is needed. Even though i could imagine that things are not that easy. Most likely they get pressure by investors, shares, fonds, and other diagrams supervisors present to them. Gaming Industry sucks nowadays.

I think you got the bullseye there friend.

In the process of TW going from a small indie game developer with a vision to just another medium-sized cash-grabbing soulless corporation led by accountants and investors with no interest in the product, they lost my support and interest. I'm hanging in there for the mods, because by this stage I'm convinced that the game is never going to turn into a "classic" like M&B and Warband. It's not that it's a BAD game, but it's inferior to the previous products in numerous ways, rather than building on them and moving forward. Until/unless the modders manage to breathe some life into this corpse, there's no reason for me to play it.

TW going from a small indie game developer with a vision to just another medium-sized cash-grabbing soulless corporation led by accountants and investors with no interest in the product
Really seems as though this is the case. So disappointing.
I think this will be my favourite game ever with more developed and stable mods, without them my desire to play is minimal.

I can't pretend I won't buy a M&B III though. Unless they actually simplify and strip away features even more than they have with bannerlord and make it less moddable than bannerlord is.

In the process of TW going from a small indie game developer with a vision to just another medium-sized cash-grabbing soulless corporation led by accountants and investors with no interest in the product, they lost my support and interest. I'm hanging in there for the mods, because by this stage I'm convinced that the game is never going to turn into a "classic" like M&B and Warband. It's not that it's a BAD game, but it's inferior to the previous products in numerous ways, rather than building on them and moving forward. Until/unless the modders manage to breathe some life into this corpse, there's no reason for me to play it.
It happens to most if not all companies, once they get a taste for money there's no stopping it.

Op the game is ok but for a game that has taken 10+ years to be developed it should be game of the decade. 😒 My biggest issue is that mid to late game become such a grind I can't play it and having so little control over my clan or kingdom frustrates the :poop: out of me. I haven't touched it for 1.5 years and won't until there are some mods that fix the biggest issues or some mod overhauls come out that I'm interested in. It's going to be years before the game, with mods, is in a playable state for me. I just stop in to the forums to see if anything new has happened or to see who's going to make the next pissed off thread. :iamamoron:

I am just waiting for mods, just like when I hit 200 hours on WB and put another 300+ into it with mods, but this time it took quicker pace, as vanilla is not worthy of time investment. And by decision making of Dev team , I hardly think vanilla will be worthy any time soon. Vanilla is like tutorial before u get yourself to mods, as mods offer deeper playstyle.

Back
Top Bottom