How are You Feeling About Bannerlord and TaleWorlds for the Future?

How do you feel right now about Bannerlord and Taleworlds?

• I'm really positive. I think the game has a bright future, it gets better with every patch

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I'm mildly positive. The game is taking a long time but it will be worth the wait

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • I'm just waiting for the mods. We all know they are what will really make the difference.

Votes: 29 21.6%
  • I'm sceptical and slightly negative. I'm unimpressed with Taleworlds, will see what the mods bring

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • I'm angry. The community has been disrespected, treated like fools. I will never buy another TW game

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • I have reached the stage of apathy - just don't really care.

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Sometimes when I'm in the bath, I re-create scenes from 'Das Boot' using parts of myself + a sponge

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Mods are what will make the game great.

As far as TW and the future? I think they're going to take Bannerlord, and swap out the assets/UI/text for their next space sci-fi game. I can imagine the big map being a patch of black space, where as planets/space stations/moons/etc. will be like towns/castles/villages.

A step down?!! Mate. Bannerlords is not even fit to be used in the same sentence as Viking Conquest.

To be fair, I dunno about VC because I haven't tried it yet, but being on foot with spears and shields was even worse in vanilla WB since they only had the one lower stab, though some mods at least added the high one while using a shield.
It's still the punishingly-difficult and grindy M&B you've come to know, but there's a great main campaign inspired by the historical invasion of England by the Great Heathen Army leading up to the Battle of Edington aka Ethandun - THE most pivotal turning point in the Christian/Pagan conflict of northern Europe.

I know that they implemented changes to spears and shieldwalls that made them very effective, but I don't quite remember what they were. I know spears weren't as good as swords but they were pretty damn deadly if timed right. Diplomacy and lord relations were a big step up from vanilla WB from what I remember too. Oh yeah and you could take enough key regional territory and be like **** YOU Aelfred I'm King of the Bretons!

Oh and you could establish your own hideout independent of castles and towns. Specialized units increased key skills. And there were a bunch of side quests, events and locations with really cool stuff.

The game's a joke. In every way but the superficial, it is a step down from Viking Conquest.
It's funny but I've been replaying VC for the last 2 weeks and I forgot how good it really was. It wasn't perfect by any means but it was a fun experience, Bannerlord on the other hand. 😞

To be fair, I dunno about VC because I haven't tried it yet, but being on foot with spears and shields was even worse in vanilla WB since they only had the one lower stab, though some mods at least added the high one while using a shield.
VC is hella fun, spears work the way they're suppose to. Shield walls are a must and actually do what you'd think they should.
Formations actually are important, infantry isn't an afterthought and armor works. Oh and the quests, for the most part, are actually pretty good. You can use strategy and out maneuver opponents on the battle field and ofc there are sea battles. Imho Bannerlord is better looking, has better UI and has a better simulated economy, but otherwise is inferior in just about every way.

Mods are what will make the game great.
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Mods should add flavor or make changes to the game that you don't like, and in the case of overhauls they should change the setting and even alter some mechanics but mods should never be necessary to having fun. I'm as guilty as anyone for hoping that mods will "save" Bannerlod, but tbf the base game should be fun without modding but I feel at this time Bannerlord is too much grinding, too little results, too much rng, with little to no control over anything that goes on in our clan or kingdom.

It's funny but I've been replaying VC for the last 2 weeks and I forgot how good it really was. It wasn't perfect by any means but it was a fun experience, Bannerlord on the other hand. 😞

VC is hella fun, spears work the way they're suppose to. Shield walls are a must and actually do what you'd think they should.
Formations actually are important, infantry isn't an afterthought and armor works. Oh and the quests, for the most part, are actually pretty good. You can use strategy and out maneuver opponents on the battle field and ofc there are sea battles. Imho Bannerlord is better looking, has better UI and has a better simulated economy, but otherwise is inferior in just about every way.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. Mods should add flavor or make changes to the game that you don't like, and in the case of overhauls they should change the setting and even alter some mechanics but mods should never be necessary to having fun. I'm as guilty as anyone for hoping that mods will "save" Bannerlod, but tbf the base game should be fun without modding but I feel at this time Bannerlord is too much grinding, too little results, too much rng, with little to no control over anything that goes on in our clan or kingdom.
I agree that it shouldn't be the mods job to make the game fun, but they do. So realistically, I think mods are what will keep the game going.

Even VC was a mod for the original M&B.

Haven't played in in a while. Wanted to try again with 1.80 (or 1.7.2), but I see both broke some critical mods (for me) and the update logs are still underwhelming. The world still feels sterile, the lords personality traits barely matter, all in all - meh. It's simply not worth playing without tons of mods.

I hope against hope that mods will fix it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree that it shouldn't be the mods job to make the game fun, but they do. So realistically, I think mods are what will keep the game going.

Even VC was a mod for the original M&B.
Except I understand that BL has much more stuff hardcoded in than WB did. Like not even talking about the "internal" flag. For instance, VC fixed WB's shieldwall behavior to not suck - but MB's unit AI is all hardcoded stuff that nobody can even look at, let alone mod. That's why nobody has been able to fix the problem where spearmen always switch to 1H weapons in combat (except when the modders just REMOVE their non-spear weapons).

There appears to be a hard limit on what mods can do with this turd. I doubt we'll ever see something like VC come out of it.

Back
Top Bottom