How are You Feeling About Bannerlord and TaleWorlds for the Future?

How do you feel right now about Bannerlord and Taleworlds?

• I'm really positive. I think the game has a bright future, it gets better with every patch

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I'm mildly positive. The game is taking a long time but it will be worth the wait

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • I'm just waiting for the mods. We all know they are what will really make the difference.

Votes: 29 21.6%
  • I'm sceptical and slightly negative. I'm unimpressed with Taleworlds, will see what the mods bring

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • I'm angry. The community has been disrespected, treated like fools. I will never buy another TW game

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • I have reached the stage of apathy - just don't really care.

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Sometimes when I'm in the bath, I re-create scenes from 'Das Boot' using parts of myself + a sponge

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

BL is a decent game. The developers have the potential to make it good. The modders have the potential to make it great. I wouldn't mind if they moved the process along a bit faster, but I'm not going to have a heart attack over it. I'm never going to have a shortage of other things to do.

Ive owned it since first available and never even started a Kingdom -because i know nothing of interest awaits me but some mindless wars, zero world campaign intrigue -just nothingness.
This. The game completely shallow, every run is the same, most saddening gaming experiences 6/10

This. The game completely shallow, every run is the same, most saddening gaming experiences 6/10
Yes indeed - I logged in and played after the 1.8.0 patch.... and even though there were improvements, my reaction was really just " Ah, its basically the same... so what? " and then I uninstalled.

The end game is still pointless and and not enjoyable at all, which means THE GAME is pointless.

I keep installing this game every time there is an update, my hopes were up with the 1.8, but it's always the same, 30 min and uninstall. Pointless and Monotone, it's just blant. They have to fully release this game and stop changing its code so that our dear modders can take over.

I keep installing this game every time there is an update, my hopes were up with the 1.8, but it's always the same, 30 min and uninstall. Pointless and Monotone, it's just blant. They have to fully release this game and stop changing its code so that our dear modders can take over.
Next update, you'll install and play again?

Inappropriate language
Bannerlord will be a good game in the future because of mods. -snipped-

Edit: Watch your language please.[color]

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens to most if not all companies, once they get a taste for money there's no stopping it.
It's a natural sequence of events. The original small team or individual has a vision, puts in whatever time and effort it takes to make it a reality, and if the money gets tight, they do whatever they have to do to survive until the game pays off. Money may (or may not) be a long-term goal, but may only be a secondary consideration in the short run.

Then they're successful, so they hire a bigger team. The new guys aren't going to go without a paycheck or take large pay cuts if things aren't going well in the short term, and any loans taken out need to be paid on time, so the company MUST make at least a certain amount of money just to stay in business. If that means shipping an incomplete or inferior product, then so be it, whether the original creator likes it or not.

Worst case is when the original developer turns control over to a bunch of investors or managers, who have no interest in the product itself, only in its ability to generate revenue. Quality inevitably goes down the toilet, innovation is kept to a minimum in favor of "safe" ideas, and we end up with a shovel-load of garbage being churned out on a mass-production line. Look what success did to Bethesda, or any of a handful of other game companies that went from a few people with a dream to a sizable corporation.

I suspect that TW is (mostly) in the middle situation, with pressure from investors as in the third case, but Erdogan still has a fair amount of control. I suspect that the problem isn't so much him, it's the rampant growth of the company which makes this kind of behavior all-but inevitable.

I'm honestly really dissapointed... Lets not forget they already had a working formula and tons of succesful mods to know what players wanted.
At the same time they had 10 times as many developers and worked on the game for 10 years. I feel with these things taken into consideration the game should've been so much more than what we got.
It feels like they just tried to cut corners in every single aspect and had no ambition to take things to the next level.

It's a natural sequence of events. The original small team or individual has a vision, puts in whatever time and effort it takes to make it a reality, and if the money gets tight, they do whatever they have to do to survive until the game pays off. Money may (or may not) be a long-term goal, but may only be a secondary consideration in the short run.

Then they're successful, so they hire a bigger team. The new guys aren't going to go without a paycheck or take large pay cuts if things aren't going well in the short term, and any loans taken out need to be paid on time, so the company MUST make at least a certain amount of money just to stay in business. If that means shipping an incomplete or inferior product, then so be it, whether the original creator likes it or not.

Worst case is when the original developer turns control over to a bunch of investors or managers, who have no interest in the product itself, only in its ability to generate revenue. Quality inevitably goes down the toilet, innovation is kept to a minimum in favor of "safe" ideas, and we end up with a shovel-load of garbage being churned out on a mass-production line. Look what success did to Bethesda, or any of a handful of other game companies that went from a few people with a dream to a sizable corporation.

I suspect that TW is (mostly) in the middle situation, with pressure from investors as in the third case, but Erdogan still has a fair amount of control. I suspect that the problem isn't so much him, it's the rampant growth of the company which makes this kind of behavior all-but inevitable.
Nah, I used to think this myself, but it's just a bunch of bullstuff, they just lack the imagination

I really got into Chinese martial arts, and am now cultivating towards Origin Spirit realm in Tale of Immortal.

And I also play warband mods from time to time.
Also got to restart fire emblem 6 after a while, and I'm having a blast.
And the mods for CK2 are utter perfection, screw CK3.

You get the gist...

I liked the idea of the game and played mb then warband with and without mods. (never multi). Had a lot of fun.
Fighting mechanics were already good in previous iteration of the game, what I hoped for bannerlord was to give us some depth to other systems(global politics, rpg element(quests, storyline), better thought out system for reinfocements joining mid fight, much better siege). I was truly wrong. We just got old game with better graphics. Some systems got dumbed down, some got overhauled but I don't see any real progress. Mostly regress in sp.
(they got lots of ideas and each of those implementations doesn't really work.. smithing(totaly not balanced, annoying and giving too much cash with some combos), global economy.. which was supposed to be game changer is very shallow, campaign quests = a joke/tutorial, no real story, quests.. just few of them, terrible siege and terrible map ai)

I did stay for mp in bannerlord as melee itself is fun, but that too got destroyed by latest patch. Stutterings happening all over the match when there are 20+ players playing which gets worse and worse with more ppl on serv. With latest hotfix(like 3 weeks ago) they fixed stuttering a bit but instead we got new big stutter when ppl spawn. By 'fixed stuttering a bit' I mean.. before it was 100ms without any frames rendered, now its 40-50ms. Nice lil improvement but still ****ing unplayable.

Before the switch from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 I was playing 'test battle servers' a lot. 60-100 people fighting in 2 teams was no problem. Sure my fps went down from 180 to 80 but I had no stutterings and it was perfectly playable. Now I just quit when there is more than 60 ppl on server as it's unplayable for me. Can't really fight if my screen freezes every 2-3 seconds for 100ms.

So will I buy next TW game? No ****ing way.
I will wait for them to release normal non early access title. If it's good I might buy. Knowing what TW did to this game.. they'll never release anything balanced or good. Not with how things work in their company atm. What they have is: good ideas on paper, implementation of those is either too hard or they are too spread out and not informed about other systems (as devs) to figure out how one system will interact with other.

It started with a couple having great game ideas and we wanted to play it. Now we get ****ton of workers who just want to live from 1st to 1st and even if some of them have a nice vision for the game, it's destroyed by what this company have become. I'm pretty sure mid managment and owners are only caring about money. Well and the 'starting' couple seems to only care for money too now.

I really got into Chinese martial arts, and am now cultivating towards Origin Spirit realm in Tale of Immortal.

And I also play warband mods from time to time.
Also got to restart fire emblem 6 after a while, and I'm having a blast.
And the mods for CK2 are utter perfection, screw CK3.

You get the gist...

I actually have no idea what you just said

The game's a joke. In every way but the superficial, it is a step down from Viking Conquest.

Combat is less realistic and fun. Diplomacy and intrigue are nonexistent - with personality traits broken and affecting basically nothing. Trade is a mess. XP grind is even worse than Warband. Sieges are better, but they've been consistently broken one way or another since launch.

I mean... this is a medieval combat game that can't simulate shieldwalls and where spears - the most common mainstay weapon in human history - are INTENTIONALLY DESIGNED TO SUCK IN EVERY INSTANCE.

And - like I said - this is stuff that wasn't a problem in much much more low-tech games like WB and VC. There's no excuse for this level of suck.

There is no point to this game except to roleplay murdering your entire high school class with a big stabby thang. That might appeal to some people, but not to me.

To be fair, I dunno about VC because I haven't tried it yet, but being on foot with spears and shields was even worse in vanilla WB since they only had the one lower stab, though some mods at least added the high one while using a shield.

Back
Top Bottom