How about spliting a battle into two battles? for battlesize limit wise

Users who are viewing this thread

STcloz

Sergeant
When the troops in a battle exceed the limit, split it into two battles, a maximum one and a little one?
Generating Reinforcements in the middle of the battlefield is torturing playsers.

I had a bug with a battle size limit mod that made this happen with large battles, it actually felt a lot better. None of the running back and forth with reinforcements trickling in.

When the troops in a battle exceed the limit, split it into two battles, a maximum one and a little one?
Generating Reinforcements in the middle of the battlefield is torturing playsers.
That, or change battle to have dynamic spawning points through zones of control. That would be my ideal, but multiple skirmishes would be a lot better than what we currently have with the static respawn points.

I had a bug with a battle size limit mod that made this happen with large battles, it actually felt a lot better. None of the running back and forth with reinforcements trickling in.
I used that mod too, but now it hasn't been updated for 1.5.7.
That, or change battle to have dynamic spawning points through zones of control. That would be my ideal, but multiple skirmishes would be a lot better than what we currently have with the static respawn points.
Yes, a better idea.

Spawn points are right now manually defined on every map, new maps can be created but original maps cannot be accesed and edited right now (at least to my knowledge) so this spawn points cannot be edited. Also these spawn points are more of a spawn lines, spawn position on the line is defined by battle size.

I think that'd be a fair option, better than the current system where if you are defending all you need to do is win the first few waves then the following waves retreat as soon as they spawn in. Would also alleviate the issue of huge battles, archers become a waste of space because they run out of arrows, i'd love somewhere on the battlefield a stockpile where archers can re-arm

I'd rather see an entirely new approach to the truly MASSIVE battles we see in Bannerlord.

When the army sizes exceed the battle limit, you should be able to select the troops the army will deploy according to how many you can take (I'm not sure what governs it in Bannerlord it was the tactics skill in Warband). Then the battle plays out like any other battle does. At the end of the battle, the armies can then both either start a new fight, or one of them can withdraw.

So for example, Khuzait's army of 2k catches and prompts a battle with Aserai's army of 1.5k. Both sides select their strongest troops for the first and most decisive clash. After that battle, the AI/player can weigh up it's losses(If they got hammered without many kills to the enemy then they would naturally withdraw), how much of the army left is as a percentage of their factions strength/the enemies army in comparison to their overall strength(Is it worth a further fight if this is only one half of the enemies might and this is all of ours?), and decide to prompt a new battle or withdraw.

Reinforcements didn't work great in Warband and they made it worse in Bannerlord IMO. Battles of this size should feel like a proper battle, multiple days of fighting and encounters, not a random skirmish with people spawning into the middle of it.

Spawn points are right now manually defined on every map, new maps can be created but original maps cannot be accesed and edited right now (at least to my knowledge) so this spawn points cannot be edited. Also these spawn points are more of a spawn lines, spawn position on the line is defined by battle size.
So, another code refactoring? LOL
I think that'd be a fair option, better than the current system where if you are defending all you need to do is win the first few waves then the following waves retreat as soon as they spawn in. Would also alleviate the issue of huge battles, archers become a waste of space because they run out of arrows, i'd love somewhere on the battlefield a stockpile where archers can re-arm
The worst is when the player is the attacker the enermy pull back to the map edge and their reinforcements generate at your back.
So for example, Khuzait's army of 2k catches and prompts a battle with Aserai's army of 1.5k. Both sides select their strongest troops for the first and most decisive clash. After that battle, the AI/player can weigh up it's losses(If they got hammered without many kills to the enemy then they would naturally withdraw), how much of the army left is as a percentage of their factions strength/the enemies army in comparison to their overall strength(Is it worth a further fight if this is only one half of the enemies might and this is all of ours?), and decide to prompt a new battle or withdraw.

Reinforcements didn't work great in Warband and they made it worse in Bannerlord IMO.
Separate the troop into the main force and the reserve. After the first battle, the winner has the choice whether to pursue the enermy. It seems like warband as the warband battle is devided into several stages. But there are not reinforcements in your idea. I like that. No reinforcements!

I think there should be an easier way. Have the reinforcements trickle in the same as they do now, but make it happen at the far edge of the map, and make them stay there for a while, until they gather a reasonable amount of troops, and then march on the enemy.

This is the best reinforcement suggestion I've seen yet.

I'd rather see an entirely new approach to the truly MASSIVE battles we see in Bannerlord.

When the army sizes exceed the battle limit, you should be able to select the troops the army will deploy according to how many you can take (I'm not sure what governs it in Bannerlord it was the tactics skill in Warband). Then the battle plays out like any other battle does. At the end of the battle, the armies can then both either start a new fight, or one of them can withdraw.

Reinforcements didn't work great in Warband and they made it worse in Bannerlord IMO. Battles of this size should feel like a proper battle, multiple days of fighting and encounters, not a random skirmish with people spawning into the middle of it.
I really like this idea. The unit selection thing shouldn't be all that difficult as a version is already in the game before hideout battles.
I think there should be an easier way. Have the reinforcements trickle in the same as they do now, but make it happen at the far edge of the map, and make them stay there for a while, until they gather a reasonable amount of troops, and then march on the enemy.
There was a mod which did this. They'd behave as their own group under AI command, separate from the rest of your army until they reached the main body and merged with your groups. So something like this is definitely possible.

For some reason I cannot quote your post on this new forum layout...

I would propose just using the party screen and choosing what troops you want to put in reserve.

sounds like a very good idea. Multiple battles would honestly be really fun.

I really like this idea. Gives it more of a tactical approach instead of the braindead trickle charges.

Back
Top Bottom