Household Management

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey warriors,

i found this screen while going through all of the playthroughs from Gamescon 2018.

I dont think we have had that much information about the management of your household, thats why i found this screen interesting.  :razz:

BnFu9aFh.jpg

At the left side we can see that you need "Tier 3 to add new Party", currently the player is on Tier 1.
I found that pretty interesting since it could meen that you can either delegate a party to one of your companions or relatives, which could be pretty cool if you want a party securing your homelands while your off raiding or conquering.

How detailed orders do you think we can give to the second(possibly more) party?  :neutral:
-Patrol area.
-Follow lord, since im too busy partying in castle.  :cool:
-Do this quest thats too simple for me, the giant butterlord.  :fruity:
-Go around recruting high tier troops for me(maybe choose which kind of troop).  :twisted:
-Raid enemys lands.  :party:

Since this is the Household Management screen, maybe that meens that our renown follows the house rather than an individual?
If you die, and your heir is a Tier 1 person, you could loose part number 2(and 3 and so forth)?

Maybe some wise person can enlighten me or maybe we just havent had any information about this?

Sorry for the misspellings and that, i hope you get my meaning.  :grin:

Thanks, I did lost this one!

It seems that Tier number refers to the fief, not to the person. I think it means the level of development you have for the defences and facilities (there was a dev blog were they showed us three different levels for a city).

Possibility to hire some parties to do the boring stuff is a amazing and it's good to know you can manage them here when you have a fief.

In the orders list you forgot:

- raid every enemy civilian you find  :twisted:
- patrol from here to there  :shifty:
- attack no one, only bandits, enemies, both or everyone  :dead:

Holy cow that's an interesting thought. If renown is tied to your clan and not you personally it would be absolutely amazing. I love that idea. Perhaps it would reduce marginally if your character dies. I also hope that means you can send out companions/family members to go fight enemy lords with your troops and also win renown for your clan. And the AI lords should also be able to do the same.

I noticed in the game world you now have lots of NPCs that belong to a clan and faction that do not own fiefs. Family members of landed nobles. It would be great if they could also lead armies at the orders of their clan head/Lord.

Fabiano Caputo said:
Thanks, I did lost this one!

It seems that Tier number refers to the fief, not to the person. I think it means the level of development you have for the defences and facilities (there was a dev blog were they showed us three different levels for a city).
No, I'm pretty sure it refers to the tier of the clan. You can see in the picture that increasing your tier requires a certain amount of renown. So the higher renown you have, the higher your clan tier and you get more options for managing your clan.

A very interesting screen, thank you.

This does show, that the player is indeed the leader of his own clan, even though he has no family yet. Maybe there isn't necessarily a starting family and it will only branch out in future generations. Having renown, fiefs and enterprises (presumably in the finance tab) tied to the clan is a great way to have a characters achievements carry over to his descendants.

RoboSenshi said:
No, I'm pretty sure it refers to the tier of the clan. You can see in the picture that increasing your tier requires a certain amount of renown. So the higher renown you have, the higher your clan tier and you get more options for managing your clan.

Ah sorry, I forgot about clans, indeed I'm going to read about them, if I find anything...

RoboSenshi said:
Holy cow that's an interesting thought. If renown is tied to your clan and not you personally it would be absolutely amazing. I love that idea. Perhaps it would reduce marginally if your character dies. I also hope that means you can send out companions/family members to go fight enemy lords with your troops and also win renown for your clan. And the AI lords should also be able to do the same.

I noticed in the game world you now have lots of NPCs that belong to a clan and faction that do not own fiefs. Family members of landed nobles. It would be great if they could also lead armies at the orders of their clan head/Lord.

I think Clans in Bannerlord are a group of individual Houses rather than a family unit.

Maybe you have both House renown and personal renown?

It could be that when you earn renown for yourself then your house also get some renown, maybe not 100% but maybe 75% or smt.

I cant remember if the "golden eagle" in the buttom right is renown or influence?(62 in the picture).

i can see that in the Gamescom thread they have this screen also, and the finance screen.

Hannibal Barca said:
At the left side we can see that you need "Tier 3 to add new Party", currently the player is on Tier 1.
I found that pretty interesting since it could meen that you can either delegate a party to one of your companions or relatives, which could be pretty cool if you want a party securing your homelands while your off raiding or conquering.

What I REALLY want to see is the ability to switch between party leaders, leaving the other party controlled by AI.
You could have your brother in a party laying siege to a castle, while you are defending your own castle. Then you can switch between each commander to join each of the fights.

Hannibal Barca said:
RoboSenshi said:

I think Clans in Bannerlord are a group of individual Houses rather than a family unit.

It could be that when you earn renown for yourself then your house also get some renown, maybe not 100% but maybe 75% or smt.

I cant remember if the "golden eagle" in the buttom right is renown or influence?(62 in the picture).

i can see that in the Gamescom thread they have this screen also, and the finance screen.

In the video Duh got from Gamescom (legitimately the best Gamescom video) he moused over each symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can see that here.

In the video he confirms that the gold coin is the symbol for money (obvious I know, but at least we now got confirmation, the 'i' symbol is influence ( :neutral:), the group of people represent the party number, the heart represents the player's hitpoints, the wheat symbol represents the party's food supplies (easier to keep track of now), the golden eagle presents the party's morale, then he licks on the arrow to access more icons, the group of people with the coin is the weekly wage (obvious), the telescope is viewing distance (:neutral:), and the horse is party speed.

I don't know if player renown is tracked anywhere other than the clan screen. Though I do know that at least two of the demo characters had a starting renown of 20. Not sure about Alijin, though I presume the same for her.

Also I believe that a Clan's renown is the culmination of all its members, so two members with a renown of 50 each, will form a clan with a renown of 100, and I guess that maybe the Clan's tier will contribute to influence or something.

One more thing. @John C the finance tab from the Clan page seems to act as the weekly report screen from Warband but for Clans. It just seems to track Income and Expenses. I don't think there is. A specific interaction with enterprises in the finance tab.

Edit: Forgot to say something: I would really like a development blog on clans, if only for clarification. That or a character creation blog (and by character creation I mean backstories and the like, not physical appearance).

Lemondude said:
Hannibal Barca said:

What I REALLY want to see is the ability to switch between party leaders, leaving the other party controlled by AI.
You could have your brother in a party laying siege to a castle, while you are defending your own castle. Then you can switch between each commander to join each of the fights.

I dont think i would want the possibility to switch between characters, it would break my immersion, and make my bond with my original character weaker, imo.

Lord Engineer said:
Hannibal Barca said:
RoboSenshi said:

In the video Duh got from Gamescom (legitimately the best Gamescom video) he moused over each symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can see that here.

In the video he confirms that the gold coin is the symbol for money (obvious I know, but at least we now got confirmation, the 'i' symbol is influence ( :neutral:), the group of people represent the party number, the heart represents the player's hitpoints, the wheat symbol represents the party's food supplies (easier to keep track of now), the golden eagle presents the party's morale, then he licks on the arrow to access more icons, the group of people with the coin is the weekly wage (obvious), the telescope is viewing distance (:neutral:), and the horse is party speed.

I don't know if player renown is tracked anywhere other than the clan screen. Though I do know that at least two of the demo characters had a starting renown of 20. Not sure about Alijin, though I presume the same for her.

Also I believe that a Clan's renown is the culmination of all its members, so two members with a renown of 50 each, will form a clan with a renown of 100, and I guess that maybe the Clan's tier will contribute to influence or something.

One more thing. @John C the finance tab from the Clan page seems to act as the weekly report screen from Warband but for Clans. It just seems to track Income and Expenses. I don't think there is. A specific interaction with enterprises in the finance tab.

Edit: Forgot to say something: I would really like a development blog on clans, if only for clarification. That or a character creation blog (and by character creation I mean backstories and the like, not physical appearance).

Seems fair enough, going with that thought your clan would loose all renown a character has build up, when that character dies. (?) :shock:

- I still think that "Houses" and "Clans" is different from eachother.
in my train of thought, "House" is  your family and companions, which you cant really get away from(Maybe marriage?), and Clan is a group of individual characters that form an alliance, which i think you can leave, if you dont like the leader or whatever. I Maybe its not even your whole family(House) that joins a clan, maybe only individual characters.
:arrow: Brother is of the nights watch, your char are member of the Kingsguad or whatever.  :ohdear:
Maybe someone someone can clear that up for me? :neutral:

Hannibal Barca said:
- I still think that "Houses" and "Clans" is different from eachother.
in my train of thought, "House" is  your family and companions, which you cant really get away from(Maybe marriage?), and Clan is a group of individual characters that form an alliance, which i think you can leave, if you dont like the leader or whatever. I Maybe its not even your whole family(House) that joins a clan, maybe only individual characters.
:arrow: Brother is of the nights watch, your char are member of the Kingsguad or whatever.  :ohdear:
Maybe someone someone can clear that up for me? :neutral:

As far as I gather, "Houses" are just what Vlandian clans are called, so the same thing.

On the side note, about loosing renown with death.
Basically, what is renown? Famous people doesn't loose their fame just for being perished. I believe it could be as the game proceeds, some renown deterioration would have it's place. We know about several pretty ancient generals and politicians, right? So if in Bannerlord someone famous dies, why all his renown will dissappear? It's more likely that he will be in some degree forgotten, but not fully. So, we can have something like renown steps, by accomplishing which character's renown can't drop below those quantities upon his death.
For example, step 1 is 100 renown, step 2 is 200. Your character accumulated 156, it beats step 1, so the character's contribution towards clan's renown stash upon death is 156 and falling to 100, like "safety net" mechanics from Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and his life is not so worthless on the clan's scale.

Maybe renown is not exactly fame, renown indicates your power to influence politics and big decisions.
When one dies of course it disappears because he cannot take part to discussions anymore, but his son could start with a lowered amount of it, since someone will already respect him as son of the renowned personality, while some others won't (maybe because they think it's their turn to take dacisions)

Fabiano Caputo said:
Maybe renown is not exactly fame, renown indicates your power to influence politics and big decisions.
When one dies of course it disappears because he cannot take part to discussions anymore, but his son could start with a lowered amount of it, since someone will already respect him as son of the renowned personality, while some others won't (maybe because they think it's their turn to take dacisions)

I believe they now have Influence for that exact cause, but it somehow connected to renown.

Btv, Oxford Dictionary: renown
The condition of being known or talked about by many people; fame.

‘authors of great renown’

Ok, then you could put "influence" in place of "renown" in my post.
In this case, it doesn't make sense at all that one's renown decreases when he dies, if anything it increases even more :razz:

maybe they meant influence decreases when you die, and you son inherits that lowered amount of influence

Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
Basically, what is renown? Famous people doesn't loose their fame just for being perished. I believe it could be as the game proceeds, some renown deterioration would have it's place. We know about several pretty ancient generals and politicians, right? So if in Bannerlord someone famous dies, why all his renown will dissappear? It's more likely that he will be in some degree forgotten, but not fully. So, we can have something like renown steps, by accomplishing which character's renown can't drop below those quantities upon his death.
For example, step 1 is 100 renown, step 2 is 200. Your character accumulated 156, it beats step 1, so the character's contribution towards clan's renown stash upon death is 156 and falling to 100, like "safety net" mechanics from Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and his life is not so worthless on the clan's scale.
I agree with you on the fact that a person should not be forgotten just caused they died, doesn't disappear, though it does fade (like renown did over time in Warband). I agree with the idea that once a character reaches a certain level of renown then that character will not fade back into obscurity, the 'safety net' being an apt description. I would propose something like this (assuming renown scales the same way as it did in Warband):
  • Renown:200 - Remembered, this character's name will be remembered but not much more. (If a character dies past this point they should get a tiny increase in renown)
  • Renown:1000 - Famous, this character's actions in life are well known to most people. (Smallish increase in renown after death)
  • Renown:2000 - Legendary, this character's legacy will live on throughout the ages. Their life story will be heavily debated by historians for times to come, generations will pass on tales of [character's name]'s deeds, etc etc. (Medium increase in renown after death)
For something like this to work there might have to be something like a Clan History menu, or a sort of Hall of Fame to showcase these famous deceased members of a Clan. This idea would heavily favour older clans in terms of renown by comparison to newer ones, which makes sense as older clans would have had more time to garner renown than newer clans.
Family heirlooms would be really cool, especially if you could track your ancestors and remember which ones originally used said items. It could be something like a sword forged by a character's great-grandparent and passed down from parent to child. Not really a feature, though it could be, just more of a fun idea to blend weapon crafting and inheritance.

Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
{Btw}, Oxford Dictionary: renown

For some reason a lot of people mistake renown for something more along the lines of prestige or status. Glad you helped to try and clarify this.

I believe that a child should inherit some of their parent's renown simply based on the merit of being that person's child?, I mean the children of famous people in real life seem to. Obviously not too much renown, with the amount of renown being linked to the parent's renown (maybe it gets relatively bigger after parent passes each of the stages I laid out earlier).

Honestly I'm not really sure what to say about influence, so I won't say much. I think that only a small amount should transfer to a child upon a character's death.

Edit: Fixing typos

Lord Engineer said:
Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
I agree with you on the fact that a person should not be forgotten just caused they died, doesn't disappear, though it does fade (like renown did over time in Warband). I agree with the idea that once a character reaches a certain level of renown then that character will not fade back into obscurity, the 'safety net' being an apt description. I would propose something like this (assuming renown scales the same way as it did in Warband):
  • Renown:200 - Remembered, this character's name will be remembered but not much more. (If a character dies past this point they should get a tiny increase in renown)
  • Renown:1000 - Famous, this character's actions in life are well known to most people. (Smallish increase in renown after death)
  • Renown:2000 - Legendary, this character's legacy will live on throughout the ages. Their life story will be heavily debated by historians for times to come, generations will pass on tales of [character's name]'s deeds, etc etc. (Medium increase in renown after death)
For something like this to work there might have to be something like a Clan History menu, or a sort of Hall of Fame to showcase these famous deceased members of a Clan. This idea would heavily favour older clans in terms of renown by comparison to newer ones, which makes sense as older clans would have had more time to garner renown than newer clans.
Family heirlooms would be really cool, especially if you could track your ancestors and remember which ones originally used said items. It could be something like a sword forged by a character's great-grandparent and passed down from parent to child. Not really a feature, though it could be, just more of a fun idea to blend weapon crafting and inheritance.

Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
{Btw}, Oxford Dictionary: renown

For some reason a lot of people mistake renown for something more along the lines of prestige or status. Glad you helped to try and clarify this.

I believe that a child should inherit some of their parent's renown simply based on the merit of being that person's child?, I mean the children of famous people in real life seem to. Obviously not too much renown, with the amount of renown being linked to the parent's renown (maybe it gets relatively bigger after parent passes each of the stages I laid out earlier). Honestly I'm not really sure what to say about influence, so I As for influence, I think that only a small amount should transfer to a child upon a character's death.

It's a shame that we don't have enough information about Influence. Though Renown mechanic is at least partially descended from Warband, Influence, on the other hand, is totally new kid in the garden, and they said only a couple of words about it. It's stated somewhere, that amount of Influence derives from owned fiefs, honors and renown, but what does it mean? Clan's influence is collective currency? Only leader have it available at his disposal? Plenty of things to learn yet.

And, to be honest, it was obvious that we would gradually start to discuss Bannerlord in such light. Like, "let's implement CK2 mechanics into Bannerlord!". All that Clan History, Heirloom Artifacts, Heirs and what do they inherit.
I'm not saying it's bad, with all that Bannerlord is still staying original to the bones, and CK2's way to implement dynasty management is great and very entertaining. I actually can't find other viable options, but still it leaves a foul aftertaste.

We depart from a action RPG to a strategy game influenced by Total War and Paradox games, which I thinks as will be perfect for me which enjoy strategy

Back
Top Bottom