House Rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Vagn said:
100% dena raiders!!!  :twisted: That`s my goal. For now I have sth around 600 but I`m aiming at 1000!

Ahahahah, viking invasion expansion my butt, you're doing it right now :razz:

Bravo, my kind of house rule.

I`ll try to post a screenshot when I get home from work. About 3 am. Just to mmake sure that I`m telling the truth  :smile: Btw everyone is quaking in fear  :twisted:

I have to wonder just how much an army of fearsome Dena Pirates costs to maintain. Have you got many of the captains? Those guys are fierce.

Strange thing but in my opinion ship captains are weaker then denas though they have higher level. And how much does it cost? A LOT!

UnholyNighmare said:
Thorgil said:
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
- I also like to leave an honor guard for my wife. If 50 of my men are in the garrison, I will add 10 more as part of her guard at the bottom of the party list (so they will throw down their lives to protect her when the castle is taken)
- I really try to protect the lives of my men.

he´s my man  :wink:
I never knew you were a woman, Thorgil. Quite a manly one at that too. :razz:

:wink:

Vagn said:
Oh! and my other rules are very simple: no mercy for christians and all other enemies. Raid Burn Pillage Rape Destroy!

obviously anotherone of my men  :cool:

- celtic front against anglo-saxon invaders!  :cool:
- re-conquering the isle yard by yard and pushing them back into the sea!
- worshipping the old celtic gods.
- protecting the ordinary peoples from the disposal of the invaders.
- and some other solemn/theatrical stuff  :lol:

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
Come on guys! More RP rules. I need inspiration!
not the inspiration you wanted to hear Uhtred, ha?  :wink:

Thorgil said:
- celtic front against anglo-saxon invaders!  :cool:
- re-conquering the isle yard by yard and pushing them back into the sea!
- worshipping the old celtic gods.
- protecting the ordinary peoples from the disposal of the invaders.
- and some other solemn/theatrical stuff  :lol:

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
Come on guys! More RP rules. I need inspiration!
not the inspiration you wanted to hear Uhtred, ha?  :wink:

My last campaign was as a Romano-Briton with similar goals, but I went with Celtic Christianity. It was a bit more organized than Roman Catholicism at the time, and naturally, no Pope was going to tell me what to do.

-play as a saxon
-worship old germanic gods
-be merciful to those of same faith, cruel to others
-only train melee skills, one hand proficiency, leadership and training
-only use germanic weaponry
-only use saxon armor
-start small party
-pillage and plunder around Mercia and farther up northern England.
-when party size is about 30+ with some elites go and become mercenary
-work for one of the saxon factions
-build up good relations with saxon lords
-after some time accept vassalage
-find a wife
-build up right to rule
-try to get possession of a town, build up income and troops at around 200-250
-break off and conquer your own town and start a Kingdom

Hi all

My preferred houserules - to extent the game length (making it harder) and increasing the roleplaying experience.

- Have only troops of same nationality as myself (except for mercs) in my band.

- Treat lords, towns, and fiefs according to their nationality - same nat = friends. Different = legit targets.

- Only 1 tournamentfight per towntournament (possible to do more ingame).

-  Change my facial feature with the game length (ageing).

- allways highest difficulty setting

- Real life experience = no reloading possible, battle wounds, bleeding etc turned on... except for weapon breaking (which happends to much turned on i think - so that's off, besides the AIs weapon doesn't break so only seems fair,  stumble i can live with).

- Try to determine a larger goal or motivation for my character from start to drive and affect my actions in game
F.x my current game as Arthur ap Uther (cliche i know) is to unite the British and retake the land from the Saxons, Anglos and jutes.

- take notes as i play f.x spec. accomplishment (great battles, vs who, when,where and the result).

- No women in my warband (including followers) that's my brothers in arms policy

That's all for now.

Cheers

My general rules, subject to change depending upon how bored I am

- all my units, cavalry included must dismount before battle to join the shield wall, cavalry wasn't particularly widely used, and I just prefer shield walls.

- Have a vague mission in mind at the beginning but allow it evolve organically

- Warband should fit my aim, if I'm playing a ruthless mercenary, I'll have all nationalities, if I'm playing a Briton trying to unite the british against the angles and saxons i'll only have Britons.

- Specialize, no uber archer-swordsman javelin thrower types.

- all names must fit the time period and location I start in.

- "if you can't win run away and live again to fight another day." also known as "throw your men at the enemy and sneak away while they all die horrible painful deaths" :razz: Honour is for fools :razz:. Unless your playing an honourable type, in which case, TO THE LAST MAN :razz:

- Play battles in first person and act like a leader, not a blood thirsty warrior. Your the warlord, while you have to show your presence at the front you should NOT be throwing your life away needlessly, you should only get involved where you are truly needed, and direct your men in other cases, no taking ridiculous risks unless that's something your character is supposed to do.

- if your the aggressor in a battle, actually advance. Don't just sit there and let the AI come to you, Meet them in the field! (if your the defender then staying in one place is fair game)

That's all i can think of right now, i'm sure I have more though

fabittar said:
Froggystyle said:
They should make 50% butt ugly, 25% medium, 25% gorgeous. Like IRL.  :lol:

I'm scared of the hell hole you must live in.
I have never seen a place with 25% beautiful women, to be honest. It's a true rarity to find a woman who's got the looks but also the intelligence and personality. Out of all the women on the face of Earth, I think a good estimate on beautiful women would be around 0.00001%.
25% in a game is acceptable, though.
So on to my question. Do you live in heaven or what?

@Tigershark: You have a very interesting set of rules that give room for roleplay. I quite like them.

Back
Top Bottom