House of Cards, a Netflix TV show where Kevin Spacey is a ****!

Users who are viewing this thread

romandude

Grandmaster Knight
I can't believe we don't have a thread for this. Does anyone else watch it? I started on the weekend and it's bloody fantastic. Kevin Spacey is brilliant.

Share your thoughts, discuss.

Watched it all over the course of three days. I love that ****ing show. And thank god for

Zoe dying, I found her annoying. NOTHING WILL STAND IN THE WAY OF PRESIDENT SPACEY.

Yeah it's kickass.

I know there's a British show from the 80's(?) called "House of Cards" that this is based off of. 

I just don't know how closely they follow it.

Amazing show. The last scene is such a powerful way to end the series.

I have mixed feelings about Underwood... I absolutely love him as a character and Kevin Spacey plays it SO DAMN WELL, but despite how likeable he is he does do some despicable **** in the name of power.

Blobmania said:
I have mixed feelings about Underwood... I absolutely love him as a character and Kevin Spacey plays it SO DAMN WELL, but despite how likeable he is he does do some despicable **** in the name of power.
That's the entire point.

Odyseuss said:
Blobmania said:
That's the entire point.

I know. I was sharing an opinion. It's called conversation.

The cinematography is obviously ground breaking, as is acting, though I think Robin Wright topples Kevin Spacey in this one, mostly because
the way their characters are written. Can't help it, but FU is just poorly written. Except for one single episode in the first season (the one where he panics during a tv debate with the teachers' union leader) he's painted as a pretty much an evil genius who is always in control and they kinda make it look like he has it all thought out since the first episode. Which, of course, he doesn't. It would do the series good and the character more relatable if they made it more explicit that a lot of things are out of his control and if they made him lose some battles every now and then. Right now he just wins everything he touches, which is getting kinda boring. The whole Pennsylvania governor thing, for example, was more him resorting to desperate measures rather than him having it all thought out. At the very least, they could have elaborated on how he lost the run for Secretary of State in/before the very first episode. He also seems to me to be a pretty shallow character who never doubts anything as opposed to Claire who has some internal conflict with the overall course her life has taken

Bit of a necro, but I just finished the entire first season. Hands down one of the best shows I've ever seen.

doublepost but whatever

Anyone seen the third season yet? The Vladimir Putin impersonator is pretty good IMO.

Just finished the third episode, pretty good so far. It's also refreshing and interesting to see Frank fighting just to cling to power, instead of plotting to reach the step above.

On one hand, I'm glad they took my comments above to heart :razz: , but the main plot line felt a little hard to believe. Still very entertaining, would and will watch again.

Yeah I enjoyed it, but some of the developments were pretty implausible/out of character.

Yea, what was the whole subplot about the Iowa food processor guy about?

Saw 6 episodes of the 4th season so far. Pretty good, more tense and more plausible than the 3rd season.

I really, really, really hate Stamper. I'm not sure why, if it so well written and acted and I'm supposed to or the other way around or if it's something punchable in the actor's face, but goddam does he piss me off.

He is definitely a twat. Its like he tries too hard to be a badass since

the whole thing with depression and whatever.

kurczak said:
Saw 6 episodes of the 4th season so far. Pretty good, more tense and more plausible than the 3rd season.

I really, really, really hate Stamper. I'm not sure why, if it so well written and acted and I'm supposed to or the other way around or if it's something punchable in the actor's face, but goddam does he piss me off.

I really hate Claire. So many of her plots were just ****ing crazy.

Yeah, having watched the whole season now, the writers defnitely got carried away with Claire. But I still think this season is better than the third.

I understand they want to milk the cow, so who knows how many more seasons we are in for, but the house of cards really needs to start collapsing if the show wants to retain some semblance of plausibility.

I was an extra in that show.  One of the big spoilers for Season 4 happened in front of me.  Kevin Spacey seems very cool in person; good attitude, likes to joke around.  I figure the editors must have a hell of a time with him given how much he likes to go off script.

Back
Top Bottom