Hotfix to Queuing System

Users who are viewing this thread

Calling it a problem is a bit harsh.

So if a group of people would like to play but they can't field 6 atm, they shouldn't play at all?
What he is saying is that some players to farm their KD decided to stop doing 6s so they wouldn't face better opponents. However, there is no solution to that because like you said they could be missing a player, even though it's pretty obvious when a team does it on purpose and start **** talking for barely winning against pubs

A new problem, People now more like to form a team of five jion the game:party:
Observed this already a bit with a couple of these NW-groups, flexing their muscles on publics. Don't know what they get of it.
I grabbed some friends earlier today day and we sent one these groups running. They left the queue afterwards lol.

Calling it a problem is a bit harsh.

So if a group of people would like to play but they can't field 6 atm, they shouldn't play at all?
There are certainly some groups practicing this, but they are not that good, we smashed them up with 3 guys. Do we know if it really is a problem yet?

Last edited:
Exactly what should have been done, queuing as a group should only be a thing if it matches you against a group. Im glad they didn't just remove the temp bans like some were calling for, that is overall a good feature. Its cool they added in a temp fix to satisfy groups until the full Match Making comes in. Hopefully this will curb the "Taleworlds doesn't care about MP" crowd. Though fixes to balance/combat are really the thing I hope to see before focusing on match making, private servers, etc.

Last edited:
What he is saying is that some players to farm their KD decided to stop doing 6s so they wouldn't face better opponents. However, there is no solution to that because like you said they could be missing a player, even though it's pretty obvious when a team does it on purpose and start **** talking for barely winning against pubs

You mean after all the whining and complaining a bunch of players are now still farming pub groups with premade 5 mans? Color me surprised. Didn't see that coming a mile away lol

I believe a lot of matchmaking in games though goes by like singles and duo, then groups of 3-5, and then full teams. Would be ideal, don't know if the game has enough pop for that though.

You mean after all the whining and complaining a bunch of players are now still farming pub groups with premade 5 mans? Color me surprised. Didn't see that coming a mile away lol

I believe a lot of matchmaking in games though goes by like singles and duo, then groups of 3-5, and then full teams. Would be ideal, don't know if the game has enough pop for that though.
Just need skill based matchmaking... 5 people are still easier to win against than 6

What could be done as hotfix solution would be to note down which groups are notorious for pubhunting to measaure how many of these groups exist and if it is a real problem.
If they really go on as group of five to farm KD, they'll be prey for smaller skilled groups. One of these 5-group kill hunters ruled with basic combat stuff and basicly sticking together. We've been able to smash them up with a couple of archers and crossfire. Unsure if there are more of these groups posing a real threat, but those I have encountered were not that strong.

What could be done as hotfix solution would be to note down which groups are notorious for pubhunting to measaure how many of these groups exist and if it is a real problem.
If they really go on as group of five to farm KD, they'll be prey for smaller skilled groups. One of these 5-group kill hunters ruled with basic combat stuff and basicly sticking together. We've been able to smash them up with a couple of archers and crossfire. Unsure if there are more of these groups posing a real threat, but those I have encountered were not that strong.
Thats pretty subjective though, if I play with 3 friends and nobody else is online and we face the same guys 5 times in a row, they might report us, we're not trying to farm stats, we just want to play the game.I think this would do more harm than good.

Thats pretty subjective though, if I play with 3 friends and nobody else is online and we face the same guys 5 times in a row, they might report us, we're not trying to farm stats, we just want to play the game.I think this would do more harm than good.
its not detectable anyways, except they are all named the same or you get 5 enemies with alpha badge

Playing with three friends is one thing, farming stats with 5man stack same tag same banner and then ****talking is something to note down because it's ****ty behavior. Thats what I meant.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

Playing with three friends is one thing, farming stats with 5man stack same tag same banner and then ****talking is something to note down because it's ****ty behavior. Thats what I meant.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.
Keep in mind that there is a huge gap in skill. Maybe they want to avoid 6 stacks who will destroy them. Some players might create groups of 5 because they don't want to get stomped.

I always try to push for a 6 stack, but maintaining a 6 stack is kind of hard because it's much slower to invite people to your group of 5 than it is for someone to go AFK in a group of 6.

Back
Top Bottom