Hotfix ETA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Thiil

Recruit
When can we expect a hotfix for this mess??
Captains Mode is ruined - once again
- Horses are 40 % slower?
- Shield walls are 80% slower than regular?
- The walk-slow-upon-death-bug is now persistent from FIRST DEATH and onward?
- Troop Command section (F1, F2, F3 dumbed down, but somehow is WORSE than the old one - at least make it an option to toggle this simplified On or Off, old one was better imo)

TLDR;
The matches now feel like it's retirement home vs. retirement home, meanwhile dementia-struck people are trying to command them with bad commands

Last edited:
im guessing all of this is captain mode yeah? because I didnt notice anything about horses on skirmish...
Yeah, that's correct. Thanks, will edit OP
Basically broke everything about Captains Mode it seems.
All we need now is just oooone more patch, and "Charge" will make units attack everyone

When can we expect a hotfix for this mess??
Captains Mode is ruined - once again
- Horses are 40 % slower?
- Shield walls are 80% slower than regular?
- The walk-slow-upon-death-bug is now persistent from FIRST DEATH and onward?
- Troop Command section (F1, F2, F3 dumbed down, but somehow is WORSE than the old one - at least make it an option to toggle this simplified On or Off, old one was better imo)

TLDR;
The matches now feel like it's retirement home vs. retirement home, meanwhile dementia-struck people are trying to command them with bad commands
I agree with everything you said. Shield wall is ridiculously slow now, and it seems if you’re a noncav player and you hop on a horse, it’s way slower. This is ridiculous, as now you can’t chase down cav rambos or troll cav players who like to waste everyone’s time at the end.

I hate the new order system (months of muscle memory down the drain!). Please give us the option to change back to the old layout.

The game keeps crashing half the time when I load into a captain’s match. Also, the slow bug is like a PLAGUE. It’s happening constantly now, please fix!

Besides these bugs/grievances, I’m enjoying the new update. Archers are back strong again!!

My game crashes before it can load in any match on captain mode now too after patch and tried updating graphics card and restarting PC doesn't work.
My crash occurs when the map has just finished loading but before the players names etc load up on the screen. Captain mode using 1.5.5. Hope they can fix it soon

Crashes are boing looked into.

Movement in formation is slower now, if you want to get somewhere fast, you can break formation of your troops.

I agree with everything you said. Shield wall is ridiculously slow now, and it seems if you’re a noncav player and you hop on a horse, it’s way slower. This is ridiculous, as now you can’t chase down cav rambos or troll cav players who like to waste everyone’s time at the end.

I hate the new order system (months of muscle memory down the drain!). Please give us the option to change back to the old layout.

The game keeps crashing half the time when I load into a captain’s match. Also, the slow bug is like a PLAGUE. It’s happening constantly now, please fix!

Besides these bugs/grievances, I’m enjoying the new update. Archers are back strong again!!
I guess they have slowed non cav classes on horseback to make horse archers more usable again. I think changing the weapon speed of the player who stole the horse to be a slow swing with less power would have been a better option maybe. Everything has a draw back i guess

Movement in formation is slower now, if you want to get somewhere fast, you can break formation of your troops.
With crashes I haven't been able to see it yet, Is line formation same speed then? Cheers mate

From 1.5.6 patch notes
  • Agent speed limits were decreased drastically while moving in formation, this proved a bit too much and was increased in some arrangement types closer to their previous value.
It looks like we need to wait 1.5.6

Thanks for the reply, AVCR.
I really hope you change that movement, since it's quite useless to use ANY formation right now.
Even Voulgiers and Peasants in square run like they are carrying heavy shields, making any formation useless unless holding a point.

Is it possible you guys can make the command-selection an OPTION, instead of forcing us to use only F1, F2 and F3?
I actually like it the other way, and i'm sure many agree - if not with the sentiment, then at least by muscle memory lol

New method is also way more inefficient, since we now have more clicks (2) to Hold fire, instead of just 1 click previously.
Same with Hold Fire and Dismount

With crashes I haven't been able to see it yet, Is line formation same speed then? Cheers mate
Try verifying files, it should alleviate SOME crashes i've been told.
Line formation seems to be the same speed (though they nerfed shock troop movement speed by 1 point if i remember correct)

Try verifying files, it should alleviate SOME crashes i've been told.
Line formation seems to be the same speed (though they nerfed shock troop movement speed by 1 point if i remember correct)
Thanks Thiil, I'll have a look at doing that.

Hopefully the changes will open up for some new strategies in captain! Skirmisher speed is up quite a bit by the look of it, so that will make for some interesting decoy runs that could lead enemies into sticky situations

I really hate how they turned Bannerlord into a frequently patched game. The blizzard model of frequent patches breaks the rule of thumb, if it's not broken, don't fix it. The result of this is to cause problems where there weren't any and to invariably make the game worse. I say the game peaked like 3 patches ago, and if you don't want to add more creative content like weapon models or troop types, leave the frikkin' game alone. Look at Warband Mount and Blade, how often did they patch it? Not much if I'm not mistaken, and it had us as its cult following.

All this. Even crashing after verifying game files and I've never crashed before. AFTER 3+ months of "beta".

And why is the Guard class meta still so strong? What did your analytics say about this! They devestate everything if 4+ players are guards.

Armagan give some love to the captain players!!!!

I really hate how they turned Bannerlord into a frequently patched game. The blizzard model of frequent patches breaks the rule of thumb, if it's not broken, don't fix it. The result of this is to cause problems where there weren't any and to invariably make the game worse. I say the game peaked like 3 patches ago, and if you don't want to add more creative content like weapon models or troop types, leave the frikkin' game alone. Look at Warband Mount and Blade, how often did they patch it? Not much if I'm not mistaken, and it had us as its cult following.
The game isn't applying the blizzard model of rolling out a patch once in a while.

The game still has to be balanced, and frequent balance changes to experiment with what works or doesn't is something that is essential.

All this. Even crashing after verifying game files and I've never crashed before. AFTER 3+ months of "beta".

And why is the Guard class meta still so strong? What did your analytics say about this! They devestate everything if 4+ players are guards.

Armagan give some love to the captain players!!!!
We acknowledged all the issues with 2 Hands dominating Captain Mode, unfortunately it took us way longer than intended to make the required changes. We will try to avoid such delays at all costs in the future.

You should try playing the current patch, sent out yesterday, and see the changes yourself.
You will be able to comfortably kill all those Guards charging you with any ranged troop.

Back
Top Bottom