Resolved Hosting a server and joining it from same Pc is down! for dedicated servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Meneldur

Sergeant Knight
Came about that while testing mod:

my part its warband dedicated:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...d-of-my-own-dedicated-server-on-my-pc.424765/

Nertexx problem at WFAS I almost sure yes it is dedicated:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/cant-join-my-own-server.425129/

cirbani duno which DLC but under Warband certainly:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/lan-multiplayer-doesn´t-working.425136/
his good description also would lead to the idea that the problem is to use same router or IP in local network!!! for hosting and joining...

mikhal1975: warband if i got it right:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/get-a-ban-message-while-joining-a-lan-game.425139/

WashYourEyesTwice in Warband again
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...erver-when-i-try-to-join-a-lan-server.425051/

Ok the community support seems to be a single guy drowning in Bannerlord bug reports and he is like answering every single of those reports as if they where all uniques.
I did this to let u know it is not AND it wont be possible to join a dedicated hosted game in WArband/ NW / or WFAS from same:: PC?/ROUUTER/ IP ADRESS? as the the host is located on!

Edit1)
and the changes to the server data has been made between the evenning of 05.27.´20 and the evening of 05.28.´20. I could tell that out of my server log.
cheers

Last edited:
I also can't join my own dedicated WFAS server. After trying to validate my serial number it is telling me I am banned and my ban list is clear.

17:15:38 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
17:17:35 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
17:18:11 - -Playground_of_Kaosmatik-
Map: Marketplace
Gametyp: Battle
Admins: /
-----------------
17:23:25 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
17:24:28 - 59 seconds left.
17:25:11 - -Playground_of_Kaosmatik-
-----------------
17:25:27 - 58 seconds left.
17:34:51 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
17:34:57 - 59 seconds left.
17:35:59 - -Playground_of_Kaosmatik-
-----------------
17:36:04 - 58 seconds left.
17:37:39 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
17:38:44 - 59 seconds left.
17:39:13 - -Playground_Of_Kaosmatik-
Gametyp: Duel
-----------------
17:39:43 - 58 seconds left.
17:43:16 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
17:51:55 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
17:52:14 - -Playground_of_Kaosmatik-
-----------------
17:59:05 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
18:00:53 - -Playground_of_Kaosmatik-
-----------------

I hope they can focus on this issue a little more. It seems like the issue is here since last month. :roll:

Last edited:
I haven't figured out a solution to this issue, but I do have a workaround.

For whatever reason, it's impossible to join a game being hosted on the same network, dedicated server or not. This is true even for a dedicated server being hosted on the same computer.

You can still host a dedicated server, port forward, and have it be accessible to friends on different networks at different locations. In order to be able to play with those friends--to connect to your own server--the only workaround I've found is to host a dedicated server on a separate computer and port forward like normal; then on the computer running my game, I use a VPN to trick the game into thinking I'm on another network.

I use Nord (nordvpn.com) to do this, it's very simple--just install the windows application, run it, and click on any country. You should be able to connect to your server as normal. Unfortunately Nord isn't free; this might work with other VPN's but I haven't tested any so I'm not sure. For LAN parties, everyone can use the same Nord account to connect to a dedicated server being run on a separate computer.

Hope this helps!

i can fully understand the crircumstances and your priorities are just fixing BL now and in the near future.
And so i assume the team is not yet realy working on that issue currently.
So i fear the Badge: "In Progress" is a bit optimistic...if not straight euphemistic. But well Mister MArdA it seems to be important too you....

Thanks for the report. Forwarded to our server team. We are investigating this issue. Sadly, we can't give any ETA at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks, it is really good that we finally have an update about the situation.
i can fully understand the crircumstances and your priorities are just fixing BL now and in the near future.
And so i assume the team is not yet realy working on that issue currently.
So i fear the Badge: "In Progress" is a bit optimistic...if not straight euphemistic. But well Mister MArdA it seems to be important too you....
I think there is not a better badge than In Progress. If it would have stayed as unsolved even longer than now we would just keep thinking no one cares about this problem. We still don't know how much they are focusing on it which is probably a better way but at least we know they are aware of the problem and they will work on it / are working on it. I think we should appreciate updates and communication more and try to make more constructive criticism. So it could be easier for moderators and developers to communicate with the community more.

I think they must try something, I know they are very busy with Bannerlord but they must try something because Warband cost like 20,00€ and the game is not fully functional anymore.
Anyway thanks for asking them.

Just weighing in here also that I still have the same issue where I can't join a game being hosted on the same network. So, LAN with friends locally or even a private VPN simulating LAN is impossible.

It is a shame, so many months that users have been asking for help to solve this problem that can be something simple to solve. but the developers apparently didn't even take a look at it. Complete lack of consideration. I have 4 steam account with Mount and Blade Warband, not counting Napoleonic, Whit fire and sword, etc ... And I bought these copies to play with friends and family in LAN here. I planned to buy the Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord just to support the developers, because i playing others games now. But this lack of care make me worried if this is a dirty strategy to push Warband players to buy Bannerlord. Sad see the developers of Warband a light, great and fun game, whit more than 10 years and still has servers full of players, being left out of assistence. With a game that is not working when you try to play with family or friends together in LAN.

Back
Top Bottom