Hosting a feast as a woman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Brasem

Recruit
Hi,
I am playing as an unmarried female character and just conquered my first city. Before expanding I want to throw some feasts for my vassals to make sure they retain high relationships and don't get too pissed off when I give fiefs to other lords (assuming it is similar to native Warband)

Do I need to marry a lord to throw a feast? Would I have access to the option to hosting the feast through the lord? I saw some comments online that in VC there is no way to organize a feast when you are a queen? That would feel like game over right now...

Any help on how to get feasts going would be great! :smile: I already collected all the butter

You can’t host feasts as a queen in VC. But you do have other options available for maintaining vassal relations.

Head here to read Lynxbuckler’s advice from her 6,800 day playthrough: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbl..._term=control_1&utm_content=post_num_comments

Main part begins with her saying “I think the thing that has saved me the most as a female who cannot hold feasts in VC is discovering the fief poll. If you admit a new lord to your kingdom....” but she also provides more advice scattered throughout the thread. The advice should directly address what you are worried about—the drop in relations from giving out fiefs.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the quick reply! I am currently using the standard VC and will try this once I acquire a new fief. I assume this does not require the balance mod? Otherwise I will try to install that, assuming it works on Linux

Thanks again !

Nope, everything in Lynxbuckler's tactics are 100% vanilla VC.

Balance Mod does add some cool things for female PCs in v13, partly to make up for the lack of feasts (ability to recruit the troll, a new elite line of female troops and the ability to recruit happy widows from taverns into it). I think Balance Mod works on Linux, though I haven't specifically tested. Swing by the discord if you're interested, link's in my signature below.

An update: VC Balance Mod 13.0 now offers female PCs a route to holding feasts. They can talk to the new tavern visitor, who will enable them to forgo taking a lord as husband, instead getting a lady to manage their household and hold feasts.

A workaround, but hopefully a welcome one. The tavern visitor also offers a number of other useful options (including launching scripted invasions for late-game challenge, including a Frankish invasion of Frisia and a Swedish invasion of Norway).

Back
Top Bottom