Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

I need help.  I followed the guide to the letter (Thanks it was a major help) My server is up and working fine.  My problem is this though:  I can't seem to make my server pass word protected.  I removed the (#) for both set_pass_admin and set_pass_private and replaced ADMINPASS & PRIVATEPASS with my own admin and private password, but when I go to check my server it's never pass word protected! Anyone can jump in with out putting a pass word.  Help!

Ryuuji said:
I need help.  I followed the guide to the letter (Thanks it was a major help) My server is up and working fine.  My problem is this though:  I can't seem to make my server pass word protected.  I removed the (#) for both set_pass_admin and set_pass_private and replaced ADMINPASS & PRIVATEPASS with my own admin and private password, but when I go to check my server it's never pass word protected! Anyone can jump in with out putting a pass word.  Help!
readme.txt has all the commands.
Your need to use the "set_pass xxxxx" command.

thiaZ said:
Players are able to join my game, but after like 5 minutes of playing it suddenly starts to lag and everyones latency, except mine, are raising up to 500, I am able to host other games without problems. 0.36 MBit/s internet should be good for 9 players according to your calculation, my server hosts a 6 slot Coop.

Help would be pretty good.
Bots take massive ammount of bandwith to send their updates to the players, thus your internet cannot handle it logically.

Hi, tried setting this up, but it says that it is unable to find the sound.txt file...

: ERROR: Unable to open Modules\Native\sounds.txt

When I run the steam dedicated server

How do i change the value of get_force_default_armor, I want it so that my server can take the force armor off, if so, what do i have to change it to?

Hey guys, I decided to try and host a dedicated server.

My machine is situated a continent away from me, it has 8 intel xeon cores and 16GB ram, 100 MB connection. AKA, should be able to run this without it stressing more then 10% of the CPU.

I installed the EPEL package for extra repositories, then used
yum install wine
yum install wine-devel

Unfortunately, when I try to fire up the server, the log files read this:
(server just dies,)
(Damn you forum, blocking me from using pastebin)
    Starting new log file.
    Version:  1.143

Processing Ini File {
    Module is not compatible with Warband, module will load all new compatibility resources.
    Loading compatibility resources:
    Loading Resource  arabian_horses
    Loading Resource  arabian_castle
    Loading Resource  armors_d
    Loading Resource  armors_e
    Loading Resource  armors_f
    Loading Resource  armors_g
    Loading Resource  armors_h
    Loading Resource  armors_i
    Loading Resource  boots_b
    Loading Resource  boots_c
    Loading Resource  helmets_e
    Loading Resource  helmets_f
    Loading Resource  user_interface_c
    Loading Resource  map_flags_d
    Loading Resource  castle_i
    Loading Resource  gatehouse
    Loading Resource  viking_houses
    Loading Resource  simple_primitives
    Loading Resource  weapons_f
    Loading Resource  instruments
    Loading Resource  sarranid_armors
    Loading Resource  ani_stand
    Loading Resource  ani_crouch_down
    Loading Resource  ani_low_walk
    Loading Resource  ani_turn_man
    Loading Resource  ani_attacks_single
    Loading Resource  ani_lancer
    Loading Resource  ani_attacks
    Loading Resource  ani_kicks
    Loading Resource  ani_parry_attack
    Loading Resource  ani_walk_backward
    Loading Resource  ani_run_lookingsides
    Loading Resource  ani_defends
    Loading Resource  ani_walk_lookingsides
    Loading Resource  ani_jump
    Loading Resource  ani_wedding
    Loading Resource  arabian_props
    Loading Resource  dart
    Loading Resource  armors_new_a
    Loading Resource  armors_new_b
    Loading Resource  armors_new_heraldic
    Loading Resource  armors_new_arena
    Loading Resource  crossbows
    Loading Resource  arabian_armors
    Loading Resource  rock
    Loading Resource  costumes_d
    Loading Resource  nordic_helmets
    Loading Resource  sarranid_helmets
    Loading Resource  sarranid_armor
    Loading Resource  raw_materials
    Loading Resource  khergit_lady_dress
    Loading Resource  vaegir_helmets
    Loading Resource  gauntlets_new
    Loading Resource  sarranid_lady_dress
    Loading Resource  sarranid_boots
    Loading Resource  bride_dress
    Loading Resource  ship
    Loading Resource  arabian_houses
    Loading Resource  object_c
    Loading Resource  tree_f
    Loading Resource  interiors_arabian
    Loading Resource  arabian_village
    Loading Resource  valleyProps
    Loading Resource  warhorse_new
    Loading Resource  ui_server_filter
    Loading Resource  barrier_primitives

} //Processing Ini File Finished
    ERROR: Unable to open Modules\Native\sounds.txt Exiting network manager...  OK!
    Deleting resources...  Exiting physics manager...

Using:

[root@*** MBServer]# wineconsole --backend=curses mb_wfas_dedicated.exe -r Sample_Captain_Coop.txt

This deserves a new post and I INSIST the mods update the main post for this. The starting line for linux is INCORRECT, it is supposed to be:

wineconsole --backend=curses mb_wfas_dedicated.exe -r ****.txt -m Ogniem i Mieczem

Thanks!

Yes, I copied this over from the warband Server guide that I made back then, where the binary by default points to the "native" module folder.
The wfas binary for some reason still points by default to this native module folder even if it does not exist, thus not finding any module files.
Using the -m switch pointing it to the correct module fixes that, although a linux user could have found that out by just checking out what the bat file did.. :razz:

fixed the manual nontheless.

First of all i want to thank you Vincenzo for this guide and your support. :smile:

I have managed to set up my own  Server and i love it .
Unfortunatly i got some problems and coundnt find an answer for myself so i need to bother you alittle.

First issue:
I cant see my dedicated server on the inet list but other people can see it.

Second issue:
After some people join my server and i leave it, i cant reconnect to my own dedicated server.
Error message: "connection to server lost"
I know that my friends are playing on it and its still up plus i got a nice 0.79 Mbit upload so i dont know what the problem might be.

// Edit
Now i get kicked anytime i wanna join my own server. *trying to fix that somehow*

Question:
Is there some admin panel i can accsess my server admin password in game? so i could kick or ban or change map?

Sry if this are just beginner questions but i tried to figuer this out by my self and really could use some help.

Thx allot :smile:

im having trouble making server it doesnt show up on internet . it does come up on local area network but incorrect authorization key comes up??

For Captain Co-Op, I set the max players to "32 32"
But it only lets 8 join.

How do I raise the limit?

Can I remove/change the cap on the number of squad members in each squad?

Tormidal said:
But it only lets 8 join.

Yeah, I want to know how to make more bots in the squods,too. You can't just rise the number :grin:

Has anyone worked out a way to increase the squad size from 6 in captain coop?! Playing with 2 captains and 12 bots is pretty hard. Not that I dislike a challenge it would just be nicer if we could have larger squads.

I can not make the server appear on the internet list, it only appears on the local area network list. I have use the add to game servers list command and i don't know what to do more, please help  :sad:

Gleba said:
Tormidal said:
But it only lets 8 join.

Yeah, I want to know how to make more bots in the squods,too. You can't just rise the number :grin:
you can make bots in the squoads?

Nova123 said:
Has anyone worked out a way to increase the squad size from 6 in captain coop?! Playing with 2 captains and 12 bots is pretty hard. Not that I dislike a challenge it would just be nicer if we could have larger squads.

Come on! Hasn't anyone figured out how to do this yet?

Back
Top Bottom