Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm afraid that wasn't the issue either.

I've done some more testing and have found that it appears to be an issue with my ports. Seemingly, ports forwarded using TCP work find but those forwarded using UDP do not for whatever reason.

Everywhere I have looked up says this is related to a firewall blocking the connection but every possible firewall (those on my own PC and my router) is turned off.

I have no idea why this is happening suddenly and I'm about ready to give up until I build a new PC. Is it possible my ISP is blocking these connections?

FLB_7thWV_1stSgt_Edward said:
Hello,

I can't host a server from my home, however can I host an MB server that can be switched between modules via a website? (Cheaply, preferably.

Thank you!
Most server providers offer mod support.  I recommend Markmod and Jest, but there are many other quality providers and will vary depending on your location.  Rates usually fall on how many slots you would like.

English
Hello, first of all I'm sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian.
But I have a problem. I opened the server. Set_port 7240 I opened port 7240 correctly. I tested the port through the site yougetsignal and the door is open. I opened the port on the router, and deactivated the Windows firewall. (I'm on Windows 10) Opens the server normally. I entered the server, played for about 2 hours to test if it is working and it is perfectly. For me to find the server only look in LAN, and it does not appear on the Internet. But all my friends can not find my server.

My pw cfg folder
set_server_name BR_PW_Maniacos
set_welcome_message Welcome!
set_max_players 25 25
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1        # set this to 1 if you want to test with other players
set_mission conquest                  # other options: quick_battle, no_money, feudalism, permanent_death
set_map scene_1                      # this is the map that is started first
set_factions 0 0                      # this is ignored by the mod, but warband needs it to start
set_team_point_limit 0                # if 1 or above, when a faction holds all castles for this many minutes, the mission ends
set_force_default_armor 2            # control of weather systems if added to the scene: 0 is always fine, 1 is always raining, 2 is dynamic
set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0        # set this to 1 to disable combat troops respawning with partial health
set_num_bots_voteable 50              # set this to the maximum number of herd animals
set_valid_vote_ratio 60              # percent of players voting yes for a poll to succeed
set_starting_gold 5000                # adjustment in percent to the default starting gold of 30 - 100
set_combat_gold_bonus 100            # adjustment in percent to the default 10-20% of gold dropped on death
set_map_time_limit 1440              # start next scene once a day
set_round_max_seconds 600            # time in seconds before items are removed; set the same value in module.ini for mission_object_prune_time
scale_squad 50                        # percentage of stockpile target count setting to start the mission with
set_upload_limit 800000              # set this to the correct value for your server bandwidth (explained in the previously linked tutorial)
set_respawn_period 30
set_maps_voteable 0
set_kick_voteable 1
set_ban_voteable 0
set_control_block_direction 1
set_combat_speed 2
set_port 7240
start

I am having a server configuration error or is it what?

Português

ola, primeiramente desculpa o meu ingles, é que eu sou brasileiro.
Mas estou com um problema. Eu abri o servidor. Set_port 7240 Abri a porta 7240 corretamente. Testei a porta pelo site yougetsignal e a porta esta aberta. Abri a porta no roteador, e desativei o firewall do Windows.(Estou no Windows 10) Abre o servidor normalmente. Entrei no servidor, joguei por umas 2h para testar se esta funcionando e esta perfeitamente. Para eu achar o servidor só procurar em LAN, e não aparece em Internet. Mas todos os meus amigos não consegue achar o meu servidor.

Minha pasta do cfg do pw
set_max_players 25 25
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1        # set this to 1 if you want to test with other players
set_mission conquest                  # other options: quick_battle, no_money, feudalism, permanent_death
set_factions 0 0                      # this is ignored by the mod, but warband needs it to start
set_team_point_limit 0                # if 1 or above, when a faction holds all castles for this many minutes, the mission ends
set_force_default_armor 2            # control of weather systems if added to the scene: 0 is always fine, 1 is always raining, 2 is dynamic
set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0        # set this to 1 to disable combat troops respawning with partial health
set_num_bots_voteable 50              # set this to the maximum number of herd animals
set_valid_vote_ratio 60              # percent of players voting yes for a poll to succeed
set_starting_gold 5000                # adjustment in percent to the default starting gold of 30 - 100
set_combat_gold_bonus 100            # adjustment in percent to the default 10-20% of gold dropped on death
set_round_max_seconds 600            # time in seconds before items are removed; set the same value in module.ini for mission_object_prune_time
scale_squad 50                        # percentage of stockpile target count setting to start the mission with
set_upload_limit 800000              # set this to the correct value for your server bandwidth (explained in the previously linked tutorial)
set_respawn_period 30
set_maps_voteable 0
set_kick_voteable 1
set_ban_voteable 0
set_combat_speed 2
set_port 7240
start

Estou com erro na configuração do servidor ou é o que?

Okay I have followed all of the steps and I tried running a dedicated server. It runs and says that it is starting the server but when I open NW I can't find my game.  I feel like the problem is Kaspersky which is the antivirus software I use. I've given all of the permissions I could to warband but I feel like I'm missing something. 
Any one else using Kaspersky that knows how to host a dedicated NW server?
Thanks!

Synergy said:
How would you do this with a dlc or multiplayer mod?

The DLCs have their own dedicated server files that can be downloaded from the main Taleworlds site.
To host a mod other than native, you have to have the mod you want in the server program's Module folder, and edit the .bat file you use to start your server to have the name of the mod you want to host instead of whatever it currently is.

costadd said:
English
But I have a problem. I opened the server. Set_port 7240 I opened port 7240 correctly. I tested the port through the site yougetsignal and the door is open. I opened the port on the router, and deactivated the Windows firewall. (I'm on Windows 10) Opens the server normally. I entered the server, played for about 2 hours to test if it is working and it is perfectly. For me to find the server only look in LAN, and it does not appear on the Internet. But all my friends can not find my server.

My pw cfg folder
set_max_players 25 25
set_respawn_period 30
set_maps_voteable 0
set_kick_voteable 1
set_ban_voteable 0
set_combat_speed 2
set_port 7240
start

I am having a server configuration error or is it what?

Same here, I can see my own server in LAN only, and my friends don't see my server...

costadd said:
English

I fixed it, what we forgot to do was to set_steamport 7241
in the PW cfg there aren't the commands to open ports, just set_port 7240 and steamport 7241. Worked fine for me, got some players to check my first map...

Back
Top Bottom