Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

I've got the server running and 'stats' reports that there were at least 2 people in the server. But I can't see the server in my own server list, which kinda sucks. Any advise? I have port forwarded 7240-7245 and added firewall exceptions.

set_pass_admin *****
set_pass_private *****
set_server_name Fantasy Persistent World (FPW_v1)
set_welcome_message Welcome to Persistent World! Attacking those who are not wielding a weapon will cause you to be kicked.
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0
set_mission multiplayer_dm
set_max_players 20 20
set_map fantasy_pw
add_factions fac_kingdom_1 fac_kingdom_1
add_factions fac_kingdom_4 fac_kingdom_4
set_randomize_factions 0
set_upload_limit 1000000000
set_port 7245
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
Set_control_block_direction 1
set_combat_speed 2
set_starting_gold 1000
set_combat_gold_bonus 1000
set_map_time_limit 120
set_ban_voteable 0
set_kick_voteable 1
set_maps_voteable 0
set_factions_voteable 0
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1
set_force_default_armor 0
set_num_bots_voteable 0
set_respawn_period 5
set_valid_vote_ratio 60
set_control_block_direction 0
set_combat_speed 2
set_player_banners_allowed 1
start

Can you see anything wrong with my config(see spoiler)?

Mordaunt said:
Oh, to everyone: Make sure there isn't a space on the final line of your ban txt file or it bans everyone!

Wait what?

That space is supposed to be there. It is needed for new bans done ingame, so it starts on a new line with a space in front of the number.
If you put the number one ( 1 ) somewhere non commented it will ban everyone, i don't know about other characters, maybe tabs? But spaces are fine.

Vincenzo said:
Mordaunt said:
Oh, to everyone: Make sure there isn't a space on the final line of your ban txt file or it bans everyone!

Wait what?

That space is supposed to be there. It is needed for new bans done ingame, so it starts on a new line with a space in front of the number.
If you put the number one ( 1 ) somewhere non commented it will ban everyone, i don't know about other characters, maybe tabs? But spaces are fine.

Hmmm, last night the PWMOD_Australia server banned everyone including myself directly after I banned someone. Checking the ban_list.txt I could only assume the single space on the final line caused the problem, since once I removed it the problem disappeared.

I can't see it in the LAN list either, I'll try again now allowing 5 minutes for it to search.

Edit: Nothing - any ideas?

Hello guys i'm newbei here and i know how to create server and one prob is i need more maps.. How to start my server with custom maps? Please send me PM.

TO HERE

64130530.jpg

sorry for double post.

I'm using VPSSquad now - RAM=512(1024 bursted)  Bandwidth=350GB in Germany - I've requested a Debian 5.0 Lenny (32bit) operating system. Will that work well with your Linux guide? ((They haven't set the OS yet and I don't seem to have access quite yet so I haven't had a chance to test it))

Edit: P.S - Sorry for the double post :\

Edit: Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do I stop the server, without having to restart the VPS? Do I just re-type the same start server cmd?

Edit2: Servers using 300mb ram so it must be running, shame I can't see it.

EvilLemon said:
Edit: Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do I stop the server, without having to restart the VPS? Do I just re-type the same start server cmd?

For edit:
execute:
pkill wineconsole
to kill all the servers currently running, if you only want to kill one just type:
pkill <processid>
To find a process id look in the program top.

For second edit:
Make sure you did the port thing properly, also opened the port in your linux firewall. (check some manual for your distribution)

Also did you add that command set_add_to_game_servers_list 1
to your config file?

Hey,

I need to set up a 200 player server, how would I get that done?
I can only seem to get 30 max atm (or close to 30 cant remember off top of head)
I also am Unable to find a was to change the time lit.

I think this was the wrong place to post this. Plz go to this if you want to help. (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132939.0.html)

Vincenzo said:
EvilLemon said:

For edit:
execute:
pkill wineconsole
to kill all the servers currently running, if you only want to kill one just type:
pkill <processid>
To find a process id look in the program top.
--
Thanks!

For second edit:
Make sure you did the port thing properly, also opened the port in your linux firewall. (check some manual for your distribution)

I've adding firewall exceptions and port forwarded my laptop, but not the VPS - I was wondering about that earlier. But before I try any of that I'll try the newest dedicated files as it's still running on 1.127 at the moment as Steam is downloading rather slowly.

Also did you add that command set_add_to_game_servers_list 1

Yep :p
to your config file?

Thanks for all the ongoing help by the way, muchos gracias :p

Edit: Do you know if Steam causes issues for finding servers? I couldn't see my server yesterday, but 20 people had joined it. Today, on the Steam version, I can't see it and nobody is joining it. Thoughts?

Edit2: Oh, two people are in it.

Back
Top Bottom