Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

If it helps anyone,

When you set up a server, and need to open a port on your router and when you use Windows 7, you can easily access it, and not do the whole progress of figuring out IP's of your router etc.

To use this function, go to; Computer -> Network -> (Router), if its detected by your pc. Then, you use your RMB (Right Mouse Button) on it, and access its webpage to open the ports for it.

image2u.png

good job with guide, i have got it basically, my friends can see it, they use normal game launcher, the one using steam cannot see it. and they get Incorrect authorization key when trying to join, and i do aswell. could u help me, im trying to get a small server up for my new clan.

Im trying to host a server and in the txt files do you have to add "get_add_to_game_servers_list 1" so that its added to the official game servers list?  Because it wasnt included in there until I read the readme.txt

Edit:  When I host it with the "get_add_to_game_servers_list" It still do not show up in the official servers list. Any Ideas

I followed the instructions to the letter and for some reason I can never find my own server. It never appears on the list. I'm at a loss for possible reasons, but I did notice in the cmd box for the server it said this...

Unrecognized Module_Info Directive = use_explicit_couch_flag . Skipping.

} //Processing Ini File Finished
  ... WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:    game_check_party_sees_party
  WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE: game_get_party_speed_multiplier

and when I attempt to run a TDM dedicated server...

Unrecognized Module_Info Directive = use_explicit_couch_flag . Skipping.

} //Processing Ini File Finished
  ... WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:    game_check_party_sees_party
  WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:    game_get_party_speed_multiplier
  WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:    game_get_cheat_mode
  WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:    game_multiplayer_event_duel_offered

Could this be the potential kink my my proverbial plan?

You are correct. It is in my LAN, but the other person I have searching for it cannot find it on the server list.

Thanks very much for the helpful topic.  I managed to follow your directions pretty well, and can now view my server under the LAN menu when it's running.  However, I get this error twice every time I run the server: RGL WARNING: Failed to scan folder [Logs] with wildcard [Logs\*].  I haven't yet tried to have my friends join my game over the internet, but am hopeful that they will be able to do so now, as they couldn't see my hosted games before.  Thanks again, and let me know if you have any thoughts about the Logs error.

Hey guys just a small question what do i need to overwrite when my servers version ain't that of mine to be excact 1.23 while im using 1.127 (Or latest) cause i don't want to mess anything up now i finaly got it (Although it's kind of weird my game appears in both lan and internet search) so god let me do this XD

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom