Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

DanVII said:
Is there a way to do this with different modules?

Yes, just edit the configuration file to take the new module you'd have putted in the folder 'Modules' and its configuration file.

alirezakaj said:
i have  try dedicated warband server files  buy  when i use  run  dedicated_steam.exe      at all  it says    steam server insitalizion  failed  !
why ?
help me
i want run  my servers on Steam

No, you cannot run with Steam, it isn't supported.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where does one set the game rules or... possibly they're called 'game announcements'? The notice that comes up when someone first joins the server. Thought it would be in strings or config file, but I can't find it anywhere.  :oops:

.Xenia said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where does one set the game rules or... possibly they're called 'game announcements'? The notice that comes up when someone first joins the server. Thought it would be in strings or config file, but I can't find it anywhere.  :oops:

It's in the config file. Or if it's not, you can put it there:
set_welcome_message Welcome to my server

Alene said:
.Xenia said:

It's in the config file. Or if it's not, you can put it there:
set_welcome_message Welcome to my server

Ohh, duh. I always thought they were two distinct things. How can I add more than one line of text, though? If I just put the next one on a new line, nothing shows up. Or does it need to all be part of the same paragraph? Thanks!

.Xenia said:
Ohh, duh. I always thought they were two distinct things. How can I add more than one line of text, though? If I just put the next one on a new line, nothing shows up. Or does it need to all be part of the same paragraph? Thanks!

It has to be on the same line in the config file, but you can make it to appear in several lines in game when you put enough space between wanted lines, so the 2nd wanted line jumps to a new line

Something like this:
Code:
set_welcome_message This is 1st line                                                                                                 This is 2nd line                                                                                                                                    This is 3rd line

I don't know exactly how much space you have to put there, so you have to try it out yourself.

.Xenia said:

In the welcome message there is no real way to do a line break, they are done automatically when your text reach the line character count limit.
You can simulate a line break by adding spaces (watching the amount of them you put).

EDIT:

Alene said:
.Xenia said:

It has to be on the same line in the config file, but you can make it to appear in several lines in game when you put enough space between wanted lines, so the 2nd wanted line jumps to a new line

Something like this:
Code:
set_welcome_message This is 1st line                                                                                                 This is 2nd line                                                                                                                                    This is 3rd line

I don't know exactly how much space you have to put there, so you have to try it out yourself.

My bad, didn't see your post :cry: (2fast4me).

Hi I have tried to click on the dedicated server link, to get the necessary files but it goes straight to a webpage that says "page cannot be found"  If someone could help that would be great.

aussie_aussie said:
Hi I have tried to click on the dedicated server link, to get the necessary files but it goes straight to a webpage that says "page cannot be found"  If someone could help that would be great.
Yeah the link in the OP is outdated.  You can head to Taleworlds website under downloads and find it OR just use the link here.  :fruity:  ftp://anonymous:[email protected]/mb_warband_dedicated_1158.zip

Hey guys i started hosting a viking invasion server today, and was wondering how can I add more enemies to each wave, changing number of bots for enemy team seems to have little or no effect on their numbers  :lol: and waves are pretty weak if u have just a few players connected. Any suggestions please ?  :oops:

Mad Dawg said:
aussie_aussie said:
Yeah the link in the OP is outdated.  You can head to Taleworlds website under downloads and find it OR just use the link here.  :fruity:  ftp://anonymous:[email protected]/mb_warband_dedicated_1158.zip

Thanks for your help Mad Dawg.

Can someone please help? In my Mount&Blade Dedicated Server Files there doesn't seem to be a config.ini so that I could change the default module...

Heath said:
Can someone please help? In my Mount&Blade Dedicated Server Files there doesn't seem to be a config.ini so that I could change the default module...
You have a text file called Sample_Game_Mode (Team Deathmatch for example)
and a batch file called Sample_Game_Mode_start where you can modify the -m Native part to run a specific module.

Else what config.ini file are you talking about?

Hmmm...So the server is up sort of. The server only shows up on LAN can I change to show up on internet?

Heath said:
Yes I did read all of the guide...
Forwarding the ports and getting past firewalls is usually the biggest obstacle for people.  Double check all the settings in your router and perhaps find a good video showing the process.  The information is correct, it's all about implementation.

Okay I've have the server running, I am a noob at this I have never admined, or had my own server. How do I set a admin pass welcome message and server name? I don't quite understand the instructions in the .txt file.

It's pretty self explanatory. Just erase the placeholder and put in whatever you want, then remove the # symbol.
Also, to set a password you'll want to use the command set_pass [password] instead of set_pass_private as they're not the same thing.

Here's an example.
fkloG.png

puLwn.png

Back
Top Bottom