SP - General hostages + diplomacy

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to see hostages as a system to encourage a kingdom to fulfill their tribute agreement and or peace settlements. (tributes should have a fixed duration)
Bannerlord is loosely inspired by the late roman period, Taking hostages would make sense. Think of Atilla the Hun as hostage of the romans.
Killing hostages should not give you negative effects (only with the direct family).

I can only see this work if diplomacy is also linked to the barter system.

As an bonus I would be interesting if you can persuade a clan to vote your way if you hold one of their family hostage or in prison.

I agree, only I think that killing hostages should give you negative relations, as it is literally breaking your oath of not harming them. But I agree, this game urgently needs better diplomacy

I agree, only I think that killing hostages should give you negative relations, as it is literally breaking your oath of not harming them. But I agree, this game urgently needs better diplomacy
I think I could’ve been more clear. I meant that Killing hostages as a result of the other party dishonouring the agreement should not give you universal negative relations.

What is the difference of killing hostages and executing prisoners?

Unless the other part breaks their deal first, ofcource...
Yes the last part, There should be no difference for direct family, but killing a hostage after the other party breaks the agreement is just upholding your end of the bargain and not dishonest

In relation to the OP's comments, which I find interesting; I would like to bring up an issue that has most probably been dropped (hopefully not, but I won't hold my breath). Kidnapping.

PCGamer April 06, 2017
(link)
Getting to know an important NPC doesn’t just confer a recruitment bonus. Later in the game, your friends will offer extra services. “For example,” says Yavuz, “if you need to kidnap someone, that will be much easier if you have some friendly NPCs in the town. They open up opportunities for mischief.” The service is based on the type of NPC you befriend. “Merchant NPCs give you an advantage in trading. A gang leader can give you advantages in ‘special operations’,” Yavuz says.

In relation to the OP's comments, which I find interesting; I would like to bring up an issue that has most probably been dropped (hopefully not, but I won't hold my breath). Kidnapping.

PCGamer April 06, 2017
(link)
Getting to know an important NPC doesn’t just confer a recruitment bonus. Later in the game, your friends will offer extra services. “For example,” says Yavuz, “if you need to kidnap someone, that will be much easier if you have some friendly NPCs in the town. They open up opportunities for mischief.” The service is based on the type of NPC you befriend. “Merchant NPCs give you an advantage in trading. A gang leader can give you advantages in ‘special operations’,” Yavuz says.
There is also code stuff buried about knowing where someone's kids stay, so you can kidnap them.

Back
Top Bottom