Horses

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vikings did have horses, so why dont RoY have horses? Viking ""RAIDERS"" dident use horses because they traveled by Boat all the time and Horses took up too much space. But land based vikings traveled across land by using horses(Granted some dident but thos with alot of money did, like Chieftans and the Noble class.), they used horses to plow fields, if you dont believe me  you can search wikipedia.

Whitestrake said:
Vikings did have horses, so why dont RoY have horses? Viking ""RAIDERS"" dident use horses because they traveled by Boat all the time and Horses took up too much space. But land based vikings traveled across land by using horses(Granted some dident but thos with alot of money did, like Chieftans and the Noble class.), they used horses to plow fields, also watch Pathfinder, if you dont believe me. Also you can search wikipedia.

Oh my ****ing god. Out. Now. RIGHT. NOW.

Whitestrake said:
Vikings did have horses, so why dont RoY have horses? Viking ""RAIDERS"" dident use horses because they traveled by Boat all the time and Horses took up too much space. But land based vikings traveled across land by using horses(Granted some dident but thos with alot of money did, like Chieftans and the Noble class.), they used horses to plow fields, also watch Pathfinder, if you dont believe me. Also you can search wikipedia.
Oh my ****ing god. Out. Now. RIGHT. NOW. [2]
Any chance you had of having a reasonable debate just got crushed to the ground by this statement.

Ambalon said:
Whitestrake said:
Oh my ****ing god. Out. Now. RIGHT. NOW. [2]
Any chance you had of having a reasonable debate just got crushed to the ground by this statement.
Well if you and Tiberius wanna be assholes when im trying to make a point, If you dont like what I posted than keep your damn mouth shut and Ingore this thread. Its that ****ing easy. But in pathfinder it gives you an IDEA that vikings DID use Horses.  Do you think they just walked to and  from every place in Norway, iceland ,or greenland? yea they use boats for coastal travel but you cant use a boat to get across a half a country of hills , mountains and other ****. and if looking up the Viking battles on wikipedia isent enough look up Norman Knights. and if youdont know what a Norman knight is and how they were the most Feriouse Knights in Medieval times then you need stfu because you dont know what your talking abut.

Ambalon said:
So pathfinder gives an idea that they used horned helmets too?
What in the hell does this have to do with Horned helmets?? Pathfinder has a alot of fake crap in it yea. Norman Knights who came Origanated from Scandinavia.From wikipeida---  The name "Normans" derives from "Northmen" or "Norsemen", after the Vikings from Scandinavia who founded Normandy (Northmannia in its original Latin). So yea Vikings did have Horses, because Norman Knights that came from Scandinavia had Horses.

Whitestrake said:
Vikings did have horses, so why dont RoY have horses? Viking ""RAIDERS"" dident use horses because they traveled by Boat all the time and Horses took up too much space. But land based vikings traveled across land by using horses(Granted some dident but thos with alot of money did, like Chieftans and the Noble class.), they used horses to plow fields, if you dont believe me  you can search wikipedia.

Norse horses were different from the ones in Europe. They were smaller and not as fast (You seen them? They look like ponies), furthermore; they were not as good as the rest. This was another major disadvantage for the Vikings as they almost invariantly fought on their feet while the British, for example, could kill many more by fighting on their horses.

As years passed, some regular horses were stolen from Europe and used for the Viking's own purposes, but due to the weather, horses did not breed as fast as they would have in the South. Furthermore, only the stronger horses survived which were reserved for Viking generals and important soldiers. On the whole Vikings did not use horses at all.

The whole point is moot anyway. This is a no horse mod. We don't care about historical facts. It's about not having horses.

Now now kiddies, no need to be so cruel. Yes, they had horses, but MnBs anticavalry AI is too inadvanced, ergo having horses in the game would not only make starting out too easy, but also be more useful than the infantry, and that's no fun.

1. Yes, vikings did have horses.
2. Yes, they were smaller and they were used most for travelling, and not for heavy cavalry charge.
3. Until XI century viking cavalry was based on "I run towards the enemy, i throw some javelins, i retreat, dismount and fight as infantry." technique.
4. Norman knights started to appear in middle of XI century, when vikings started to trade with southern Europe. Then they just started breeding the big, European horses themselves.

arabugas said:
1. Yes, vikings did have horses.
2. Yes, they were smaller and they were used most for travelling, and not for heavy cavalry charge.
3. Until XI century viking cavalry was based on "I run towards the enemy, i throw some javelins, i retreat, dismount and fight as infantry." technique.
4. Norman knights started to appear in middle of XI century, when vikings started to trade with southern Europe. Then they just started breeding the big, European horses themselves.

guess the horses didnt have good taste  :roll:
since it took the horses so long to find out the bigger the better aha thats the arguement with males right we say mine is bigger then yours ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom