Horses in your inventory; do they help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wheem

Grandmaster Knight
I've read that having extra horses in your inventory will increase your travel speed on the campaign map (at least to a certain degree). I decided to test just how much increase you get from having horses, so I checked my party speed, and then sold off all my extra horses (had 5 or 6) and tested my speed again...imagine my surprise when it actually went up after selling the horses.

I made sure that the time of day was the same, and the area I was testing in (around Sargoth) was also the same; there was no interference of forests or nighttime. Was something changed so that extra horses no longer benefit travel speed? Would it be different if I were carrying a large amount of trade goods or extra equipment?

Hmm ... I would definitely like to know the answer to this, as I have about 15 horses taking up inventory space.

I thought it was a case that a few horses help, whilst many hinder. I normally bring a few extra steeds along, but not a great deal. They're mostly backups for when someone kneecaps my beloved Charger.

I think the way it works(from what I've observed in my game) is that horses only help you when you have a lot of stuff in your inventory. I had three horses, then sold one and saw no difference(my inventory was pretty empty). When I filled up my inventory, my speed dropped, so I bought another horse, and it went back up. I think the difference might have been about .2 or .3, and getting a fourth horse didn't increase or decrease my speed.

dunnno said:
Extra horses don't speed you up in absolute terms, they just lessen the speed penalty of carrying many heavy items.
Right, and since they weight themselves too, they will slow you down if you have less items than that they can carry.

Back
Top Bottom