Horse Race

Users who are viewing this thread

Chel

Master Knight
I'm putting together another variation of the arena -- a horse race. :grin:
There are around 12 guys racing all the horses from my Horse mod and you have to try to beat them. It is basically functional, I'm trying to balance it for maximum fun. It's pretty hard to get the AI to make the horse go fast. Seems like giving them lances produces the best speed from the AI.

My question is, do you think it would be better to have the same terrain to race over each time, or a different randomly generated one?

Probably by putting an "enemy" behind a wall at the finish line. Then using the agent distance function to check who crosses the finish line first. Great idea, nice work Chel :smile:

Right, the race participants (including the player) are team 1 in the arena and there is one guy on team 2 who spawns at the other end.
Not quite agent distance function, I don't know how it works. For now its just a mission timer and you have to reach the enemy guy (and clobber him) to win :grin:
I made the map rather large so that it takes about 70 seconds to cross on a speed 13 horse.

Could you explain how does this agent distance function works, fisheye?

Chel said:
I'm putting together another variation of the arena -- a horse race. :grin:
There are around 12 guys racing all the horses from my Horse mod and you have to try to beat them. It is basically functional, I'm trying to balance it for maximum fun. It's pretty hard to get the AI to make the horse go fast. Seems like giving them lances produces the best speed from the AI.

My question is, do you think it would be better to have the same terrain to race over each time, or a different randomly generated one?

Great idea, Chel. Well done  :grin:

As for your question, is it possible to have them both? 2 options, one for a specific racing track and the other for a randomly generated one.

Yeah, that would be best Marsec. I'll see if I can figure out how to make it call one of two scenes.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to make the horses race in a circle? Becuase if I were to use this for the gladiator mod, then I will need a way to get the chariots to race in a circle (like the circus maximus). Is that possible, or would  it have to be more like a drag race?

I think its possible to make them go one large circle, but I'm not sure how to get them to run multiple.

Back
Top Bottom