Horse Archery also for firearms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Renon

Sergeant
There is an obvious accuracy penalty while galloping I was just wondering if Horse Archery reduces it.

I bet I could test it out just by editing my character in a bit.  50 agility should make a big enough difference if they are connected.

:EDIT: No change unfortunately, and I doubt that is something that can be added in the future.  Oh well :smile:.

Renon said:
I bet I could test it out just by editing my character in a bit.  50 agility should make a big enough difference if they are connected.

:EDIT: No change unfortunately, and I doubt that is something that can be added in the future.  Oh well :smile:.

What about super high firearm skill?  Is, say, a man with a skill of thirty fumbling around with shot and power, while a 300 expertly reloading and ready to go?

Firearms skill only affects aim, but since they are so inaccurate to begin with I don't think any amount of skill will make you a crack shot. I think my guy has like 430ish (The Redeemer) skill and deviation is still quite significant at medium range, I get most of my kills chasing knights that manage to break through my line. It's almost sad seeing those guys in their plate coffins go down with one shot.

I have a love / hate relationship with guns in this mod. I love using them, and hate going up against them. I have to hide behind my men/objects when facing them, otherwise there is like a 95% chance I'll get knocked out. I was very glad when we had to stop fighting the Laurians.

Grey_Ghost said:
I have a love / hate relationship with guns in this mod. I love using them, and hate going up against them. I have to hide behind my men/objects when facing them, otherwise there is like a 95% chance I'll get knocked out. I was very glad when we had to stop fighting the Laurians.
You haven't fought against Lion Throne, have you? Their archers have insane accuracy, I have to ride full speed to avoid their arrows. And guns vs Ormeli is also a big problem, mounted archers kill gunners easily. Seriously, fighting gunners is fairly easier.

Danath said:
Grey_Ghost said:
You haven't fought against Lion Throne, have you? Their archers have insane accuracy, I have to ride full speed to avoid their arrows. And guns vs Ormeli is also a big problem, mounted archers kill gunners easily. Seriously, I fighting gunners is fairly easier.

My Laurians were actually hoping for a break with the Lion Throne after weathering all the bullets of the Imperial state.  Boy were we in for a world of hurt. 

I tell you truly!  I would rather be shot at by Imperial gunners than face those damned archers once more! 

In the field, they arent so bad!  Those brigadiers prove a little tough, and the cavalry are fine, but they're cut down easily enough, the archers, it's just a matter of getting to them.

But they've also gunners!  Now after facing the Veargirs, I wasn't so very impressed at first by these Gunther-Piedmont men, just race up to 'em and hack, but then *GA-Wooosh!* My ranks are torn through by a cannoneer! 

Ooo, those trixy Lion Throne nut cases!  Real pains, too, those shields make it tough to blast them away when they besige your castle, or try to poke them to death on the ladder with pikes.

Back
Top Bottom