Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

orgat

Recruit
Summary: When ordering horse archers to charge, or when delegating command (both ways they will ride in circles around the enemy, as always)
The horse archers get TOO close to the enemy, instead of circling with a bigger radius (much bigger), and so, almost every engagement between t2-t3-t4 horse archers against looters ends with a few horse archers wounded or dead.
All they have to do is circle in a much larger radius and shoot from afar. There is absolutely no reason to get sooo close and then get caught up inside a group of melee troops and die.
It seems to me this issue was introduced or reintroduced in 1.5.10. I dont recall it happening in 1.5.9.
How to Reproduce: F4, F1 + F3 OR F4, F6
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Any battlefield
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Try the Realistic Battle Ai Module. What are the mods that you have?

Try the Realistic Battle Ai Module. What are the mods that you have?
The only mod that I have is respec in towns (can't stand having companions with all the wrong perks)

I will certainly take a look at the mod you've mentioned, but regardless, this is a bug. Horse archers are supposed to shoot from beyond the enemy reach, so what's the point of circling so close that you get caught up in the fray? They need to fix it.

The only mod that I have is respec in towns (can't stand having companions with all the wrong perks)

I will certainly take a look at the mod you've mentioned, but regardless, this is a bug. Horse archers are supposed to shoot from beyond the enemy reach, so what's the point of circling so close that you get caught up in the fray? They need to fix it.
Agreed, but until then...

It happens in 1.5.9 as well. Each horse archer tends to focus on a single enemy at one point of the enemy line, circling him, and ignoring the ones elsewhere in the line, and thus eventually slams into the latter (bow still in hand).

Untitled.jpg

Someone reported this a couple versions ago or so, with a video, and it was reported as having been forwarded to the team. But if they made any changes, they didn't help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom