Resolved Horse Archer Combat Behavior

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Horse Archers are not working like Warband. As "Charge" order is given, units proceed on the circle tactic, but they act like focused on one single unit all the time. So, as enemy cavalry or any units apart from the main line just distracts the Horse Archers and causing them to circle around that part of the unit. This results in them to crash onto enemy lines as their path just cross over. They also occasionally move through the enemy lines, especially main infantry line. They don't switch to melee and it can happen during any part of the battle. This causes lots of Horse Archers to tangle with enemy infantry units and get hit by friendly unit arrows.
How to Reproduce: Around 100 Horse Archers against any army will be sufficient to reproduce exact scenario.
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080
GPU Driver Version: Latest
CPU: intel Core i7-8700 3.70
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: ROG Strix GL12CM x64
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB

They ''reworked'' it and it was the only unit that was working 100% perfectly.They could lower horsebows dmg but no they want them to get killed for no reason lol TW logic.....

Hello, this issue still persists with 1.5.9 update as well.

Horse Archers still gets mixed up with infantry line despite having arrows and bows equipped.

Could you please re-escalate?

I confirm; my horse archers continually slam into the enemy battle-line while trying to circle another enemy. It seems that they don't know how to maintain distance, the way they did in Warband.

Meanwhile, enemy horse archers have another problem: they generally just make repeated suicide charges up to my firing line, before retreating back to their line, getting cut down in droves for little gain each time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom