Horrendous state of MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes. However, there are more impactful things we might expect from modders, including but not limited to combat specific changes. There are threads about this where all desired changes were presented to Developers, though we have yet to see anything happen with it. I am positive that modders will revive this game, the most important thing we need from TaleWorlds is to provide the modding tools and custom servers.
I don't disagree with your final statement. That is the most important thing. As long as modders can do what they need to do - this takes much of the pressure off of Native. It's less of a concern how a player picks their armour if they can just simply play a mod which has that.

However I have to say TW did include the Community combat parameters. Much of what bannerlords combat is today - is literally what we asked for. Now a few minor issues remain - I still don't like varied height in MP; and weapon arcs are too long; but largely I think the combat is fundamentally fine (though requires balancing). Warband had it's own issues but we still enjoyed that for years.

Indeed most of the content we have is literally what we asked for. But the community has literally been stabbed to death (bullied out of the game) by the many flaws and problems. Think of the crashes, think of the sound of doom, think of the time it takes TW to change factions for Duel server. TaleWorlds has been minimally involved into what I call collaboration with the community. Some of the best posts in the forums are simply discarded and updates are not tested beforehand to prevent massive crashes. Then, there were the days where the servers were extremely laggy and everyone would have 200 ping. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that TW could have prevented all of it. But it is no coincidence that all of these things happen whilst TaleWorlds seem disconnected from the community. Most of these factors have led to people quitting the game just for the sake of all of it. Do people want to be kind to the developers? Maybe. Are most people pissed off at how TW deal with things? Probably. 90% sure.

I don't really mind the combat, what I mind is the stability of the game experience. Constant crashes, sound of doom, disconnecting for no reason or ****ty server performance in term of ping and package loss are things which concern me before talking again about missing features, what good are missing or existing features if I don't even get to play properly? Before the crashes became the main problem I'd face the problem of having package loss 30%+ of the time. Do I have the same problem in other fighting games? Not really.

I accepted crushthrough, I accept the throwing meta, yeah, all good, but if something pisses me off is not testing their content before pushing it live. For the recent crashing I must say that this could've probably prevented by proper testing, but for that to work servers need to be provided and as sizable population needs to test. Destiny Pickups would figure out a lot of this stuff if proper testing would be possible and if I'd formulate a request to the devs is: let us prevent this in the future please. I think MP players would be up for testing this stuff, if Beta servers would be available. Now the entire tournament traffic came to a halt for two weeks and we don't know how long the issue persists.

TW's only direction is forward, so no rollbacks if stuff is broken, rather fix it on the spot. I find this approach rather frustrating for the issue we are dealing with now, but as the game is EA right now, we have to live with it anyway.
According to what I heard the crashing issue is being worked on, but no ETA and no report yet on the progress of it. What also worries me is that they could wait for some stuff for SP to push it live together or that sound of doom might even return again after the patch.

Last edited:
Indeed most of the content we have is literally what we asked for. But the community has literally been stabbed to death (bullied out of the game) by the many flaws and problems. Think of the crashes, think of the sound of doom, think of the time it takes TW to change factions for Duel server. TaleWorlds has been minimally involved into what I call collaboration with the community. Some of the best posts in the forums are simply discarded and updates are not tested beforehand to prevent massive crashes. Then, there were the days where the servers were extremely laggy and everyone would have 200 ping. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that TW could have prevented all of it. But it is no coincidence that all of these things happen whilst TaleWorlds seem disconnected from the community. Most of these factors have led to people quitting the game just for the sake of all of it. Do people want to be kind to the developers? Maybe. Are most people pissed off at how TW deal with things? Probably. 90% sure.
I agree with this - but these are all problems that can be resolved.

As I said TW are going to get a second wind. When they release from EA the MP severs will be packed again. Doesn't matter if nothing has been added or changed or anything has happened at all. People will see the game and give it another try, or even buy it. You need only look at games like Among Us to see how much a MP game can take off dramatically when it leaves EA.

Taleworlds needs to be certain that when they get that second chance - the game is ready. If it's not then sure; MP will be in pretty dire straits - but right now MP numbers don't really matter for the long term.

I don't really mind the combat, what I mind is the stability of the game experience. Constant crashes, sound of doom, disconnecting for no reason or ****ty server performance in term of ping and package loss are things which concern me before talking again about missing features, what good are missing or existing features if I don't even get to play properly? Before the crashes became the main problem I'd face the problem of having package loss 30%+ of the time. Do I have the same problem in other fighting games? Not really.

Same as above - all of this is 100% valid; hell it put me off. But they are fixable - it's not a fundamental flaw with the program and it if its fixed by the time MP gets a new flood of players - then hell maybe we might even see a decent MP playerbase.

There were more players last week 12:38 on a Wednesday
It's odd that you keep a record of that - and pretty irrelevant to this discussion. Last evening EU siege was full and EU siege 2 was 60-70. I don't keep track of the entire MP playerbase all the time. I'm not suggesting it's a large playerbase; only that it's not exactly dead - nor is there no chance for revival.

I'm not sitting here thinking everything is peachy.

It's odd that you keep a record of that - and pretty irrelevant to this discussion. Last evening EU siege was full and EU siege 2 was 60-70. I don't keep track of the entire MP playerbase all the time. I'm not suggesting it's a large playerbase; only that it's not exactly dead - nor is there no chance for revival.

Relative to warband it's fairly dead. NA can't even fill one server, so what you see at EU peak times is the highest the player count gets.

A couple hundred players versus 12,000 total people online bannerlord is a pretty bad ratio. I guess in that sense their lack of focus on multiplayer is completely justified lol.

Bannerlord MP is slow because there is a limited pool of map/game modes. The game kicks you out of the lobby after every round and there are no custom servers or MP mods. Not to mention crashes and balance concerns.

I refuse to believe this concept that picking your armour from a pool of options would somehow fix all the games issues.

It wouldnt fix it, but it would absolutely help. Obviously it wouldnt fix the crashes etc, but gameplay would 100% improve by having the old equipment system. Literally everyone I played with during alpha, beta and early access asked the same question above all others. Where do I pick my equipment?
When we answered you cant anymore, they'd say oh thats stupid why the hell not?

So about the same numbers as Warband Native then.
aDN1lFj.png

6JAohpI.png

Taken at about 14:30 today.

I'd reckon Mount&Siege numbers are pretty equal to Bannerlord Siege in the afternoon/evening, and that server literally burnt down like 2 weeks ago. Thing is they really cared about getting their servers running, it only took them a couple of days to get things up again.
Meanwhile we've had to postpone our official match for 2 weeks and from the state of things, we'll have to push it even further.
Fact is at this rate, we're more likely to have our match in Bannerlord Online than in Skirmish, and theres absolutely no defending that.

MP is alright. Some games don't even have MP servers so stop complaining. Games like Candy Crush (who are way bigger than bannerlord) don't even have servers. You guys are privileged!!!!

game development is hard. give tw a break! it's not easy to make a game!! i'd like to see you complaining carmens make a game half as good as this! you cant? didn't think so. lay off tw, ok???

Back
Top Bottom