SP Musket Era Honour & Glory 1.9

Users who are viewing this thread

First impressions: the sound effects feel very flaccid. Are those native sounds? I haven't heard them in ages and this must be why they feel so... piddly.
English version has a fair number of grammar/spelling mistakes.

This is a very good new mod, nice work, thanks.

It out -WFaSs WFaS !

And it is an unexpected delight to be touring the 16th Century with........ Fernand Braudel !

But ..... surely, in 2019, we can enjoy Improved Female Faces ( particularly in a mod from the Ukraine, famous for its beautiful women ........ )!  Please, in the next update ?  Along with some fresh haute couture ?

And please, more snow - Finland, Livonia, say all parts north of the Daugava River ......... battles in snow are the most atmospheric.

PS  Also, would you please consider using, with permission as required, assets like the immersive "Russian" city scenes from 1257AD ( ? OS ) for a couple of your cities ( and ? other non-generic street / castle scenes eg adapt "London" for Buda, or Riga ? ), perhaps look to Renaissance, etc, and, even better, borrow the Moscow St Basil's - Kremlin scene from WFaS ( you could  move your nice " Moscow " to Novgorod )?

Ningauble said:
This is a very good new mod, nice work, thanks.

It out -WFaSs WFaS !

And it is an unexpected delight to be touring the 16th Century with........ Fernand Braudel !

But ..... surely, in 2019, we can enjoy Improved Female Faces ( particularly in a mod from the Ukraine, famous for its beautiful women ........ )!  Please, in the next update ?  Along with some fresh haute couture ?

And please, more snow - Finland, Livonia, say all parts north of the Daugava River ......... battles in snow are the most atmospheric.

PS  Also, would you please consider using, with permission as required, assets like the immersive "Russian" city scenes from 1257AD ( ? OS ) for a couple of your cities ( and ? other non-generic street / castle scenes eg adapt "London" for Buda, or Riga ? ), perhaps look to Renaissance, etc, and, even better, borrow the Moscow St Basil's - Kremlin scene from WFaS ( you could  move your nice " Moscow " to Novgorod )?

Thanks for your response.
For better female faces - there is a submod, look here:
https://yadi.sk/d/moxu0iGQeDtzqg
Well, I have permission from the WFaS creator to use their assets, but I am trying to avoid those as much as possible. You know, it's very hard to make something authentic with the use of models from a mod with similar setting, people like to compare H&G with WFaS, sometime even call it a "clone".

Thanks.

I consider your mod to be a very pleasing, stand out work in its own right already. Sure the theatre is Eastern Europe, but this is The Livonian Wars, 100 years earlier than WFaS, and all that is still refreshing compared to The Crusades, Vikings, Fantasy etc. There is a lot of potential to mine here. And Warband allows the player a lot more freedom than WFaS ( which, anyway, is still very good ).

My comments were really only aesthetics suggestions - you will have your own plans. You can be be confident building on resources from any friendly sources, you are on a winner here. And those of us (over)familiar with WFaS are likely a minority anyway ................ St Basil's etc ? Go for it !

So far missing :  scabbards for many of the swords ( the swords are good; and it would be very good indeed if you can enable the koncerz to be couched, as in WFaS ......... )
                        boots for Prussian nobles at feasts ( barefoot - perhaps in summer ? )
                        companions as bodyguards, in taverns etc. This makes them feel like Companions - you get to see a lot more of them ( in many mods; may be a Diplomacy feature, however)
                        ales and spirits as consumables, giving a party morale benefit eg + 10, like in some other mods - a good, immersive reason to procure them, enriching your inventory

PS The garish Sots mercenaries in bright blue and red tartan are make - believe. You could ( can I say should ? ) use the ( somewhat) more authentic Scots - style kilt outfits ( really just for a cultural point of difference; in plenty of mods ) and / or " normal " northern European armour styles.

PPS  The sub mod " Adventuress " that you recommended above is only for a few ( clumsy ...... but no, to be fair, "Anna", "Marta", and "Louise", make it a small -step welcome enhancement ) skimpy pirate outfits, for female companions ( but only the two, Olena and Baval, in Honour and Glory ? Say, having three would be even better ...... ), not for improved faces. The problem is the " primitive " ugly vanilla female faces ( yet the men look OK - did the original modellers not care to craft feminine beauty ? Perverse........ ) everywhere, still, and here we are in 2019 ! They are letting this great mod down ! Can we not have nice, latest generation female faces to talk to ( marry ? ), at least for companions and character ladies, as in the better mods these days, quality mods that take pride in their workmanship, that boast proudly " Behold our beautiful women ! " ?  Pourquois pas ?

I hope that you do not mind my " constructive  " comments  -  I am very enthusiastic about your mod ( and the Eastern theatre through history ) !

03 Mar 19        Are you, perhaps ( hopefully ), even now working on H&G 1.8 - 2.0 ?

Hi all,

started playing and have a few observations:

- matchlock pistol, very few were made and proved a failure. Should be removed from game. If not should be unusable on horseback.

- there should be no protestant or catholic mercs in moslem territory, for obvious reasons. Orthodox balkanites and Hungarians irrespectively of faith might be since they were Ottoman vassals at the time.

- it`s too easy to build relations with lords.

- some quests don`t give xp, like collecting taxes due to lord. Why?

Anyway a very good mod with lots of potential.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Barabashenko said:
Ningauble said:
Are you, perhaps ( hopefully ), even now working on H&G 1.8 - 2.0 ?
Yes, right now I am working on a new global map for the mod.

Will it please you to have more northern parts in snow ?

28 Mar 19    PS    I am wondering if I should keep playing this outstanding mod as is, or now wait for your update, which will be even better ........ ETA ?  Changelog ?

( of course, this is the mod player's recurring dilemma ! )

14 Apr 19            Nothing ?

Ningauble said:
28 Mar 19    PS    I am wondering if I should keep playing this outstanding mod as is, or now wait for your update, which will be even better ........ ETA ?  Changelog ?

( of course, this is the mod player's recurring dilemma ! )

14 Apr 19            Nothing ?

We are still working, the global map is done. You can keep playing, right now I am trying to implement new useful scripts and mechanics, also our team is attempting to make new quest - a small storyline for the Cossacks, maybe for someone else. New release won't be too soon, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom