Honest MP Review - Give servers plz

Users who are viewing this thread

MP is incredibly stale, and it's already boring for me. I'm pretty much done with it until we're allowed to host servers.

Didn't they say they plan on releasing the server files when the game is done in early acces?
Yes I'm pretty sure they said that the ability for players to host private servers will be available around the time of full release (allegedly around the end of the year).

There are several issues that the lack of servers raises, but the one most people are talking about is that MP is already dying and has a low player base. The sooner servers are made available the sooner that the modders/community will be able to fully engage with the base content.

Just allow to join every game mode in the server list, and show all the servers

Only reason i see for matchmaking is dynamically scaling the #of servers (booting up servers ond demand with players in queue)
and future console support??

But I just don't think we are there yet.

Didn't they say they plan on releasing the server files when the game is done in early acces?
Yes, but I feel like Early Access is something they can hide behind, and people will just keep saying "oh don't worry, it's in EA, you can't expect things to be perfect." In my opinion, the fact that the game has taken as long to be developed as it has (remember it was announced 8 years ago) and also that TaleWorlds is not some indie studio making their first game means that there should be no excuse for the current state of the game.

I see people saying that they can't release servers because every time there is an update, the servers would crash. Just look at Mordhau... an actual indie studio that made their first game from complete scratch in 5 years, not the 8 that Bannerlord has taken (and with remote working since Triternion devs literally live all over the world). They launched as a full game, with servers, even though there have been plenty of updates since then. You just need to update the servers, not a big deal. Mordhau multiplayer also released with more exciting content, and kept me engaged for far longer than Bannerlord has.

All I want to do is load up the game, click siege server, and play. Right now I'm stuck waiting at the match making screen with only 14 other players searching. What the hell is going on.

Back
Top Bottom