Holy Land mercenaries?

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to know how the mercenary recruitment in the holy lands works? I started & played as a vassal to the Teutonic Order for 200+ game days. I asked for leave to the holy lands a few times all getting to recruit Hospitaller & Templar mercenaries. All returning home to the Teutonic OrderNow game day 240s i pack my ba*ls and leave after tying to become ruler. So i sack Venice and ares. Now Im my own king and return to holy lands. I cant join the Crusader states or get any Hospitaller & Templar mercenaries. Just regular mercenaries from the taverns.

I don't know how it works for you because I'm positive that you have a way out dated game, you should update and start a new game, they are in the taverns and lance recruitment in your villages as well as recruiting mercenary companies in the cities. I can get Templar's and such all the time in Antioch etc... There are so many changes, it's really great, Tomas is a mastermind.

i believe im running the latest version. Like i said, I was getting them all the time when i was in the holy lands now that i started my own kingdom i cant get them.

It could be that Tomas hasn't written the code for it, yet  :sad:

You've played 200 days in game since it was last updated (2 days ago not including hotfix from yesterday)?

I think currently you'll only get to hire them if you're part of the crusader states or something.

Godfrey de Ibelin said:
i believe im running the latest version. Like i said, I was getting them all the time when i was in the holy lands now that i started my own kingdom i cant get them.

If you want to have crusaders, you have to be a crusader yourself. Otherwise build a monastery and invite them to it.

Historically speaking, you cannot "hire" brothers of an order as mercenaries.... unless you are a very influencial king and manage to get the order joining you. Ordinary Franks (newly arrived or native) of all sorts would have been around in the Holy Land at that time.

Cuthalion said:
Historically speaking, you cannot "hire" brothers of an order as mercenaries.... unless you are a very influencial king and manage to get the order joining you. Ordinary Franks (newly arrived or native) of all sorts would have been around in the Holy Land at that time.

True. That's why I'm going for a bit different approach to the crusaders. The crusader mercenaries in taverns where just a temporary solution to get off my back the crusader fan-boys who where actively nagging me at the time.

DrTomas said:
Cuthalion said:

True. That's why I'm going for a bit different approach to the crusaders. The crusader mercenaries in taverns where just a temporary solution to get off my back the crusader fan-boys who where actively nagging me at the time.

Lol, mainly because those "crusader fan-boys" know it was such an integral part of that era :razz:

Back
Top Bottom