Holy hell Companions are expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Having a decent time with the game so far, but 800-1200 Denars for one companion??

Sure you had to pay for some in Warband, but others were there for basically free for low levels. Little weird having them all cost so damn much in my opinion.

Its really cheap if u play a few hours, and yeah ur not supposed to buy them right away, since ur limited to 3-4 in the beginning hours atleast

Nah man. Just do village missions, they are both easy and rewarding. "Rescued" a man's daughter from a guy, with only a sword blow and two village visits i got 940 gold. You can sell arena rewards as well.

I don't even do quests for money. I do them for relations. For cash I fight in wars and raid enemy trade caravans for easy 20k per battle. It's so broken lol but I remember warband being similar before the tweaks

Fair price if you are paying for basically immortal customizable bodyguards
They don't really do very well to guard you. I find they do more to screw you up in the early game when they draw enemies into areas you're trying to avoid. They are really just dork bots that don't kill anything most of the time. The cost is way to high for them IMO. I'm actually working on a way to run with fewer companions since they're kinda crap for what they cost you. A couple of actual units are cheaper and are far more effective in battle. Companions just seem to bug out a lot and spend most of the time jockeying around for position instead of attacking.

They don't really do very well to guard you. I find they do more to screw you up in the early game when they draw enemies into areas you're trying to avoid. They are really just dork bots that don't kill anything most of the time. The cost is way to high for them IMO. I'm actually working on a way to run with fewer companions since they're kinda crap for what they cost you. A couple of actual units are cheaper and are far more effective in battle. Companions just seem to bug out a lot and spend most of the time jockeying around for position instead of attacking.

A good companion is a good quest proxy. Thats worth it, I think. My smith is able to create money basically out of scraps, though that might change with developement of the game. My trader led a caravan for, this only ended because her boss woudl found a kingdom and she was attacked by war party. Both of them have brought in their hiring gold tenfold. I also do not recall the bad behavior you mention, but maybe I just did not notice.

Back
Top Bottom