Holidays and Festivals in Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hans 77

Knight at Arms
We don't exactly know what types of gameplay features will be present when singleplayer drops, aside from what we saw in the very brief videos from Gamescom.

I was wondering, what if there were Holidays and festivals that took place during different times on the game's calendar?

I'm not talking about the feasts we saw in Warband -which were thrown by lords at random times, I'm referring to a set Holiday or festival that takes place in a certain region or town on a specific day or week once every in-game year.

For instance, perhaps some sort of Samhain-like festival that takes place in Battanian towns during autumn? Or in the northernmost of Calradia's settlements we see a Midsommar celebration during the June solstice? How about a triumph held at the Empire's capital, in honor of the faction marshal after a successful campaign?

These special events could be both faction specific or regionalized, taking place in a particular city regardless of who owns it.

These events wouldn't simply manifest as just another feast, it would be a city-wide celebration, with npcs (lords and commoners alike) dressed up in costume or masks, reveling in the streets, and/or performing dances or rituals of some sort. The interior of the settlement itself would appear differently, with various decorations ornamenting the market squares. The player character can use these occasions to meet and improve relationships with key notables (the people who recruit for you), akin the schmoozing with the lords in Warband feasts.There could be quests that pertain to the festival itself (e.g. getting it ready, providing security, personnel, food and resources) or even being an opportune time for a prison break, since most of the inhabitants are preoccupied with the festivities.

It's little details like this that really give a game atmosphere and another wrinkle of immersion. I'm curious to see if something similar to what I described will be present in the game when it releases, and if not, if Taleworlds plans to implement this feature in the future.

I think for the sake of the devs, one sort of Xmas hodge-podge end of year festival could be interesting. There’s always a halt on fighting for that week, and maybe some unique games or events at taverns!

For instance, perhaps some sort of Samhain-like festival that takes place in Battanian towns during autumn? Or in the northernmost of Calradia's settlements we see a Midsommar celebration during the June solstice? How about a triumph held at the Empire's capital, in honor of the faction marshal after a successful campaign?

These special events could be both faction specific or regionalized, taking place in a particular city regardless of who owns it.

These events wouldn't simply manifest as just another feast, it would be a city-wide celebration, with npcs (lords and commoners alike) dressed up in costume or masks, reveling in the streets, and/or performing dances or rituals of some sort. The interior of the settlement itself would appear differently, with various decorations ornamenting the market squares. The player character can use these occasions to meet and improve relationships with key notables (the people who recruit for you), akin the schmoozing with the lords in Warband feasts.There could be quests that pertain to the festival itself (e.g. getting it ready, providing security, personnel, food and resources) or even being an opportune time for a prison break, since most of the inhabitants are preoccupied with the festivities.
Fabulous idea Hans!

I think for the sake of the devs, one sort of Xmas hodge-podge end of year festival could be interesting. There’s always a halt on fighting for that week, and maybe some unique games or events at taverns!
If there can only be one festival, surely it has to be a HARVEST FESTIVAL right?

1 per season would be rad, but there'd have to be a purpose to them beyond just talking to lords. Festival games perhaps, where you gain renown based on placement? Things like mock-tournaments, or a "pelt the fool" minigame where you have to throw 5 beanbags at a zigzagging npc. A horse race through an obstacle course. If masks are worn during a harvest festival, perhaps it can be an opportunity to raise relations w/ women/suitors who aren't already friendly with you.

If you're a settlement owner then you could have an opportunity to assemble/finance a festival of your own. Bonus to town & lord relations

Back
Top Bottom