Hole problem on Map

Users who are viewing this thread

There was a post on this a few pages ahead but I don't think it's like mine I've had my game going for about 160 game days and suddenly I leave a city and voila a glitched map there are lots of holes (The british isles is 1 big hole) and then other holes and they all seem to meet in North Spain with like a dot and they all point in this direction:sad: Loved the mod up until now this wierd glitch kills the mod... Alot of the ground is distorted too and textures overstreched stuff like that..... anyway um.... Opinion?

Sorry thinking about it it should really in the bug corridor but I've typed it now and have to be off for a while so:eek:

EDIT:

Map fixed itslef when I restarted MaB but it's maybe something you want to look in to :?:

the description is disturbing. post a screenshot, maybe this will help.

Noob question - how? hotkey plz :roll:

it does it every now and then but it resets the map after battles.... so I will post em when I know how :oops: Oh wait Use the print screen key :?:

I've had the same problem, suddenly the whole Middle-East bore sky textures, then Africa but then after restarting the mod it was gone.

Hard to tell without a screenshot but
textures overstreched
sounds alot like a temperature problem, things like that can happen easily if the raphic card or the cpu are overheating.

could also be a driver problem though and overall im not sure if im imagining the right thing based on the descriptions.

It looks exactly as the holes that are already present in Southern France ( left there by the map maker ), so I doubt it is a problem on my end, though I may be mistaken.

My research on other forums - I think it is an ATI video driver issue.

Typically when I load a save game I see this (and heads missing from bodies in taverns, castles, etc). By adjusting antiasling a few times (say go for 2x where it normally rests to 8x or none then back again and then change the scene your in a few times it adjusts itself).

Even rolling back ati driver to the previous one has caused it.

It does always seem to be the eastern part of the map. Never the west.

But after experiencing it enough times I loaded native and saw some evidence of it (more in the northern part of the map) then read up more and it seems ATI users get it most regardless of mod or native.

Can't be my computer I have a gaming one, but anyway it happens in Europe too like I said in the desc over france and Germany area....... ah well as long as it fixes itself i'm not botherd at all really :wink:

Meh £500 for it  it's pretty good but it can't run most modern games on anything better than medium quality.....  I've alaways hated PC world and their rubbish tech anyway :roll:

Built mine myself - never trust pre manufactured.

Quad core 2.66
1 gig vram
8 gigs DDR2
velociraptor for vista 64 OS
Soundblaster

Lian Li case

... ... ah well it was impressive 2 years ago when I built it - already itching to build a new one.

Just wish they had sold state drives that were reasonable.

Indeed its prolly a ATI Driver bug, because i was playing without problems then yesterday i installed a new driver "10-9" and got the bug. Reinstalled my old driver and its all OK now...

Thanks!

10.9 ATI series drivers caused a whole lot of problems for me for both M&B as well as other games.  Complete wipe and reinstall of 10.8 seems to have fixed most problems, although occasionally when spinning my view around my character in some battle maps/towns if I hit just the right angle, my character, except for his equipment, disappears and all I can see is sky textures with his floating equipment (not the same as with the map above).

Sounds like your having the same trouble I was, heres my resolution:

Instance said:
mb_warband%202010-09-12%2021-11-01-40.jpg
Incredibly minor and ignorable, just that I get an invisible head once I switch hairstyle/skin/beard, goes away after that.

Also occurred  to other people, lords and such, haven't checked since the map broke.  Aswell as when the into scene ran for Scotland (and no-one has invisible floors and walls, England has the same), bits of architecture were missing...  No issues after that though, including walking through that first town.

mb_warband%202010-09-12%2021-13-57-68.jpg
This "hole" continues all the way down the middle of the map...  Didn't occur prior to applying the latest hotfix, and its pretty game breaking.  So I've either missed something, or I've done something terribly wrong, which I have no clue what is.

Same thing happened to a section on the top right, but the same thing occured with the invisible heads.

EDIT1: The above randomly resolved itself... for now.  EDIT2: The lovely thing moved to the left half now, with a new game. >.<

Occurs both on steam and the retail version, fresh saves and old.

Confused,

-Instance

Instance said:
Instance said:
DrTomas said:
Instance said:
The above randomly resolved itself... for now.

ATI drivers problem. Downgrade them and it will be fine.

OFC I overlooked that...  Any particular version?  Or simply sequential rollbacks until the issue disappears completely?
Current:  10.7 - 4870, Windows 7 x64.

Appreciate the help,

-Instance

For anyone else with this issue, (yes I realize its not 1257 specific,) but nonetheless 10.6 drivers fixed the issue for me.

-Instance

I tested all the drivers between 10.6 and 10.9.

-Instance

I'm getting the issue with everything turning to sky textures in towns/taverns/battle map, basically anywhere you run around as your character, but no issue with the campaign map...

I rolled back from 10.9 to 10.8 and it seemed to help, but is now occurring more often again.  It's not a heat issue as my software is telling me it's only at most 4 degrees above the minimum reading.  I've also cleaned my PC out and actually swapped for an identical primary graphics card (since most games run poorly with CrossFireX, I just pulled one card and set it to single card).  I'm contemplating a rollback to 10.6 myself.

Those are EXACTLY the same bugs that occur to me; and they happen in other mods, even while playing the Native M&B.

I have an ATI with those 10.9 drivers so I'll try the 10.6 version.

******EDIT -- I just played for 2 hours with the 10.6 drivers of my ATI videocard and I didn't encounter ANY of those annoying bugs!!!!! No sky/water texture problems, no Map with building textures everywhere, no Holes, no nothing!! no more invisble heads or invisble houses!!!
I usually had tens of those bugs during 2 hours of gameplay!!******

10.6 fixed it for me.  Combined with the boot.ini fix to allow for more memory, I have played for hours and hours without a single crash or graphics glitch.

*EDIT* - Ironically, immediately after I wrote this, I encountered both the same graphics glitches I was having as well as the map problem (first time for me) on the 10.6 drivers.  However, there was one big difference, I was running Fraps this time.  I shutdown the game, closed Fraps, and loaded it back up and it was fine again.  Not sure why it doesn't like Fraps, but I guess I won't be submitting my bug find screens using it.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm using an ATI card and the 10.9 drivers, and I experienced the same "mirror" effect across the map. So I turned off the HDR settings and that fixed everything, so maybe there's no need to downgrade if you can live without the tiny bit of extra fluff.

Back
Top Bottom