SP - General Holding zone-control

Users who are viewing this thread

What about a zone-control feature alike the one in many total war games? A "red" area around especially castles where enemies struggle to pass through except for attacking the keep?

The area is expanding with higher tiered walls. Moving into a "red zone" gives huge malus to speed, increasing the closer to the keep you move(and potentially nulling it, so you have to turn over) and alerts the keep and it´s kingdom(if a player party/army is destined to the castle, a popup might show - "Approach the <name> gate?" If Yes, normal speed is applied and castle is approached, if NO, stop and paus on the border. AI parties auto-yes or auto-no depending on destination. Parties below a certain threshold(depending on security, number of defenders and fortification tier) can move freely in the "red zone"
Perks in Scouting can help reducing the movement- malus in red zones
Perks in Rougery can increace the size of of parties that can move freely in a red zone. Banditparties has an own permanent, increaced version of this(Applyed if all TROOPS in the party is bandits - available to player as well).

Benefits - A more tactical map and castles fills a purpuse to secure strategic places

I would love to have more reason for castles. I wish they would send out parties to hunt bandits ect. But i like your idea. Imo if you where walking an army through enemy lands it could end up causing a war. Always found it weird you just bringing this massive army through their lands and its normal.

I would love to have more reason for castles. I wish they would send out parties to hunt bandits ect. But i like your idea. Imo if you where walking an army through enemy lands it could end up causing a war. Always found it weird you just bringing this massive army through their lands and its normal.
The suggestion is ment for war-time. Just passing the casle and ignoring it to lay siege behind it, on a city, is against the purpose of castles :smile: Thats my reason for a zone-control. Armies rarely operate behind enemy lines but on the line, puching it backwards, occupying their land and laying siege on their holdings. But just passing by a mighty castle, wawing to the defenders and go for the peals behind is non-immersive and quite redicoulus

Back
Top Bottom