Holding Sword In Both Hands

Users who are viewing this thread

inside a city, with a gang of unarmored criminals who want to rob you.
If this is not a suitable context ...
You are talking about a situation which you find yourself in, at best, 1% of your playtime. (usually even less than that)
The vast majority of your time is spent in travel or pitched battles and sieges, in which dual wielding is a recipe to get yourself killed.

Last edited:
I actually thought it would be pretty practical. Attacks will work in a classic way, like swinging both swords from the right if you hit from the right. It would even be quite interesting to be able to wield a sword in two different ways. Since it would be a very difficult branch, we had to develop ourselves a little. It will be in an extremely fun way, like an sword master in Bannerlord.

1iotrhwwhj171.gif
I laugh every time I see this clip, it's like something out of some 13 yo boy's fantasy. :ROFLMAO: As @five bucks said as a mod sure but I hope TW never does this in the base game.

I laugh every time I see this clip, it's like something out of some 13 yo boy's fantasy. :ROFLMAO: As @five bucks said as a mod sure but I hope TW never does this in the base game.
You know what, I have to agree. That scene is such a comedy, it's embarrassing. There is no practical use of two swords, and would only slow you down and deter your movements. There is a reason why it was never done, at least not mainstream. Now I'm not saying don't add it or anything, don't really have an opinion on it, but just watching this gif makes me cringe. lol

You are talking about a situation which you find yourself in, at best, 1% of your playtime. (usually even less than that)
The vast majority of your time is spent in travel or pitched battles and sieges, in which dual wielding is a recipe to get yourself killed.
Can the player take the risks he wants or not?
That 1% is your arbitrary estimate on which you do not put any arguments.
So avoid giving numbers if they have no basis on which to rest.
If one tends to trade and run a crime empire (with rival gang fights and who knows what else), then that 1% could become 50%.

The point is that you cannot decide to prevent the player from being able to do something that is actually possible although inefficient or even wrong just because you don't like it.
I am not a dual wielding type and I know very well that going with two weapons against most warriors, without having the right techniques or the right protections means to die, not for this I am a priori against the introduction of this mechanic which if well balanced by the introduction of other mechanics (such as movement, step-dodge) can make the gameplay varied and more fun for the player.

Can the player take the risks he wants or not?
That 1% is your arbitrary estimate on which you do not put any arguments.
So avoid giving numbers if they have no basis on which to rest.
If one tends to trade and run a crime empire (with rival gang fights and who knows what else), then that 1% could become 50%.

The point is that you cannot decide to prevent the player from being able to do something that is actually possible although inefficient or even wrong just because you don't like it.
I am not a dual wielding type and I know very well that going with two weapons against most warriors, without having the right techniques or the right protections means to die, not for this I am a priori against the introduction of this mechanic which if well balanced by the introduction of other mechanics (such as movement, step-dodge) can make the gameplay varied and more fun for the player.
People do not run crime empires because, I don't know if you noticed, they're not in the game. And whether they will be in the game at some point is not certain in any way. Also, trading does not involve actually going into the streets unless you roleplay in a very strict manner, which is a very specific scenario not applicable to the majority of players.
So the only reasonable use case for the system you champion is in the context that is yet do be added to the game in the first place.

In other words, as it currently stands, there is no place for dual wielding to be introduced into the game.
What is more, even if we were charitable to your position, and said that the whole silly street fighting thing was in the game, you are still arguing for adding a whole new fighting mechanic that would only be used in a small portion of the whole game. Given how reluctant TW is to add anything other than what they believe to be of utmost importance(Like new sheep textures), your suggestion is quite frankly way outside of their list of things that are even worth considering, much less implementing.

You are just jealous because you are not trained in Extreme Sword Techniques like all those pubeless boys.
Help is here at last!

200.gif

It looks cool what she does in the beginning but that has nothing to do with sword fighting, it´s like those guys that can do amazing stuff with footballs but can´t really play football on a high proffesionel level:

gymshark-football.gif

Add dual wielding swords, and green skin tone, so that I could take a green checkered shield on my back, the dual swords in my hands, and shout "I decide who gets a beatdown".
Cowa-****in-bunga.

Back
Top Bottom