Holding Sword In Both Hands

Users who are viewing this thread

TR: Merhaba, Bannerlord'da iki elde de farklı kılıç tutabilsek harika olmaz mıydı? Sadece sol tık ile iki kılıç darbeleri indirebilsek ve sağ tık ile havalı savunmalar yapabilsek? Bana kalırsa oynanışı mükemmel derecede arttıracak bir mekanik olurdu. Ve tabi c tuşu ile özel bir saldırı yapabiliriz.

ENG: Hi, wouldn't it be great if we could hold different swords in both hands in Bannerlord? What if we could land two sword blows with just left click and make cool defenses with right click? In my opinion, it would be a mechanic that would increase the gameplay perfectly. And of course we can do a special attack with the "c" key.
6746140-dayneready.jpg

I actually thought it would be pretty practical. Attacks will work in a classic way, like swinging both swords from the right if you hit from the right. It would even be quite interesting to be able to wield a sword in two different ways. Since it would be a very difficult branch, we had to develop ourselves a little. It will be in an extremely fun way, like an sword master in Bannerlord.

1iotrhwwhj171.gif

beware of purists.
They forget that reality is purer than they are.
And that in reality even apparently inefficient things are possible and perhaps even effective in appropriate contexts.

TR: Merhaba, Bannerlord'da iki elde de farklı kılıç tutabilsek harika olmaz mıydı? Sadece sol tık ile iki kılıç darbeleri indirebilsek ve sağ tık ile havalı savunmalar yapabilsek? Bana kalırsa oynanışı mükemmel derecede arttıracak bir mekanik olurdu. Ve tabi c tuşu ile özel bir saldırı yapabiliriz.

ENG: Hi, wouldn't it be great if we could hold different swords in both hands in Bannerlord? What if we could land two sword blows with just left click and make cool defenses with right click? In my opinion, it would be a mechanic that would increase the gameplay perfectly. And of course we can do a special attack with the "c" key.
6746140-dayneready.jpg
nou. dats retarded. i need town management, not dual wielding sticks

beware of purists.
They forget that reality is purer than they are.
And that in reality even apparently inefficient things are possible and perhaps even effective in appropriate contexts.
I'm a purist and you are actually completely right. Only Bnnerlord does not provide the context in which dual wielding would be effective. Hence, it should not be a thing in this game in any way, shape, or form.

Only Bnnerlord does not provide the context in which dual wielding would be effective. Hence, it should not be a thing in this game in any way, shape, or form.
inside a city, with a gang of unarmored criminals who want to rob you.
If this is not a suitable context ...

More than the context, the difficulty would lie in making the block and attack system balanced with respect to the other combinations (1 sword, 1 spear, sword and shield, spear and shield, 2-handed sword, etc.).
Furthermore, someone should reason on the fact that with only 1 sword and the other hand free, practically a spear could be grabbed and held.
But I suppose that this context is not created either, right?
With an ax it would be even easier to grab a spear after blocking it.
The perfect block for activating these mechanics although it is already something does not make the maneuver difficult enough.
Maybe having the right stance and it seems a perfect block would already be difficult as a maneuver.

With 2 daggers, at a very close range, it is very dangerous even for a warrior in full armor who, like a fool, lets the enemy approach up to go on him.
A stab in the right crack and he finds himself dead.
Certainly the long sword in a fight in which one clings to each other is not the most effective weapon, unlike a dagger.

This game, before inserting statistics and trivial numbers in order to give the illusion of filling a role, should insert the mechanics that make an effective role.

No sane man would prefer two daggers over a sword in 1v1 combat. Sure, they will use the dagger if they´ve already overwhelmed their opponent to kill him through the gaps of his armor but that´s it. Daggers were just a support weapon but never a main weapon in medieval battles. Dual wielding daggers in open field battles is just fantasy.

Yes, but in CQB everyone grabs everyone else's weapon or penis and they hug, so normal rules don't apply! The winner is the double dagger assassin who uses another extra hand to grab the enemies sword and yet another to slap him around a bit. At least that's what Shiva would do.
This kind of attack is impossible to block because pushing people away was not yet invented in the Middle Ages.

It looks cool but it is extremely unwieldy. It a real fight you will be flailing around without actually cutting anybody because there is not enough strength to rend the flesh or penetrate armor. I could see a mod obliging this but i highly doubt it would be a thing in the base game.

That sword vs dagger was funny to watch, the swordsman was awful and hesitant.
I agree, daggers are a support weapon and nothing more. There is a mod for everything though and this game is being built to be modded.

Back
Top Bottom