Hitting Multiple People

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe I am worrying about this too much because I've watched these dumb clips too many times, but I have to bring it up.

To be blunt, I don't think this should be in the game at all. We've seen it in gameplay (albeit old), and while it does sound kinda cool to be able to cleave through multiple people with one swing, it seems to really break immersion and balance. For example, the berserker type guy who kills not only the two riders, but both their horses in one swing. For starters, it looks ridiculous, especially because the axe doesnt even seem to hit the second guy. Then think about how cheesed youd fell if you just lost two expensive cavalry troops to a single swing of a naked guy with a big axe... does not seem fun or balanced. Here some people may say "fun over realism" to which i agree with but this feature looks neither fun nor realistic beyond the initial "wow factor".

Now you may also say "well thats the benefit of using a 2h weapon", to which I would point out that yes, one handed weapons can also hit multiple people. If you havent noticed it, I've included the gifs for you in that spoiler tag below.

p.s- yes i know the gifs' quality is trash, and i dont know how to fix that.
This infamous gif where the berserker doesnt even seem to touch the second guy.
xvW6kq.gif

Here we have a double kill while using a one handed mace.
2vl8kN.gif

Double hit with a one handed sword. Its a terrible gif, i know, but if you look at the kill feed you can see it and if you want better quality go to this link at around 10:10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP6P7vO7LB0&list=PL25Y7DoPPzXIEW893H6yhzqeYAUw-GXan&index=44&t=617s
jqWYQP.gif

Now what would I do about it? Well even if removing it is out of the question there are compromises to make such as making damage to successive enemies greatly reduced. Im sure there are more solutions people could come up with.

I hope they will remove this. I mean in real world the guy would lose his axe because of the momentum of the first horse. Ofcourse, losing his weapon would be too much for the game but hitting two horese at full speed in one swing is too much also.

I don't see a problem. This makes it so groupfights are not just spam the outnumbered until they die and actually give them breathing room. plus, ut would be pretty weird to be holding a big axe and not be able to hit multiple people with it.

Also Im sure Taleworlds already know of this and made it so that they do reduced damage based on armor or something.

You're worrying too much. Trust in Taleworlds.

Rainbow Dash said:
You're worrying too much. Trust in Taleworlds.

Warband is full of bugs and many of the features don't work at all. A good portion of the battle lag, for example, is caused by a broken morale system which they must have been drunk when they coded, because it's a laughable mess.

I trust them to make a game, just not a particularly well thought out one.

Thats because they don't give a crap about Warband and are focusing all their efforts into making Bannerlord a good game. If they cared for warband we would be seeing anti cheat, an update that lets us play with 700+ troops on the battlefield on unlocked cpu cores, etc etc.

Problem is not the feature . It is the net-code. (especially the first gif)
You see this feature working wonderfully in the singleplayer videos.

Just gotta pray that they worked these problems out so it is gonna work flawlessly in multiplayer as well .
With their attention to perfectionism I would put my money on it being fixed upon full release

I really don't like it. It rewards the mistake of getting surrounded in combat, and it could be an absolute nightmare in multiplayer. Getting hit because the teammate or two next to you didn't block seems like an awful time.

I dont see any problems if a big and sharpened axe or sword can cut through multi enemies who are poorly armored or no armor at all, but it shouldnt happen with a group of chainmail, lamellar or plate armor users. That could make the game feel like a Dynasty warrior wannabe.

Cpt. Nemo said:
kalashnjkov said:
I dont see any problems if a big and sharpened axe or sword can cut through multi enemies who are poorly armored or no armor at all,

((That's still Dynasty Warriors fantasy))

Oh really? It's called game balance, dude. Faster movement speed but more vulnerable to melee combat is a fair trade off, since archer can defeat plate armor with bow and arrow and they have higher mobility than heavy armored troops.

How is it a nerf to unarmored players? If you get hit with a sword while wearing a shirt instead of proper gear you die. This will not change if you are hit with a one handed default sword or the hit multiple people 2 handed sword.

Hitting multiple targets is a good feature in my opinion.
If properly balanced to deliver believable and fair results, it's going to be a very good addition.

Back
Top Bottom