Historically accurate 12th century arms & armour... (pic heavy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zaro said:
What would you like to know? Ask and thou shalt receive.

Will it be linked by a storyline type of campaign or sandbox campaign (as in M&B)? If it's it's sandbox, will it feature diplomacy, politics, management etc?
There's actually already a rudimentary portion of the strategy map and mechanics finished (which are a LOT easier to create than those on the battlemap, I might add), but we're aiming for a pausable real time system like in Europa Universalis with emphasis on diplomacy. We're still thinking about how deep we want to go with managing your realm.

For battles, I assume we'll control our troops and it appears it will be formation-based fighting? How large will the battles be?
Most of the fighting will indeed be formation based. As it is now, we managed to get decent framerates with around 500 troops on the field. The LOD system is still subject to heavy change (we didn't have a good system for LOD AI yet at the point), so I think that number could still be enlarged. You'll basically be present at a relatively small portion of the battle if those are large. The rest will hopefully still show in the distance, but be heavily autocalculated.

It looks like you're using location based damage, will we lose use of limbs etc?
We're still thinking about dismemberment. If there'll be any, it might be limited to the head only due to technical difficulties. You'll be able to break limbs and damage organs though. The damage system that I designed is not based on health but on locational trauma and blood loss.

Are you thinking commercial, or is it something you guys are just doing and seeing how it pulls together?
Seeing as the roughest part is behind us now that we have the basics together, I think we have a safe chance of coming to atleast a playable demo. We're currently with 2 teammembers, but once we get to adding content we'll start hiring artists and might do the same as Ikisoft did with its open betas. We/I certainly don't want to hype this project, that's why we're still keeping it on the downlow. :smile:

And thanks for everybody's interest and comments!

The map and health system sound great.

Most of the fighting will indeed be formation based. As it is now, we managed to get decent framerates with around 500 troops on the field. The LOD system is still subject to heavy change (we didn't have a good system for LOD AI yet at the point), so I think that number could still be enlarged. You'll basically be present at a relatively small portion of the battle if those are large. The rest will hopefully still show in the distance, but be heavily autocalculated.

There was some discussion about this here so it'd be interesting to see just how efficient things could become.

We/I certainly don't want to hype this project, that's why we're still keeping it on the downlow.

Well it looks promising so far, keep up the good work :smile:.

41e468625f7d.jpg

e08d0197e3d2.jpg

175213008c71.jpg

615f6c215ba8.jpg

4999a2e480f1.jpg

52e844c97e85.jpg

c209cee8768a.jpg

5d44a2e4eca2.jpg

Norman live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDaB-NNyM8o

Ulrich von Liechtenstein said:

the round shields is interesting! An anachronism maybe? quite odd because the rest of the equipment looks very well rendered. Maybe the sculptor didn't have enough space for a large proper shield?

I'd say it is. Your dudes are mostly 11th century infantry. Mine is a 12th century rider! That's a big difference. There is only one picture of a rider with a round shield from...ee...11th century? something like that. Of which I know. And we're not sure if it's an anachronism or not.

Found a video, seems like it is a little old though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEik6qPvHO4&feature=channel

Im guessing the game is called Deus Vult or Deus le Vult or w/e.  God wills it in latin I believe.

Im guessing the game is called Deus Vult or Deus

If only I get a license for M&B or something like this. I'm convinced I'd see great commerical success and a landmark game :razz:.

Excuse me, Raz, sir, I have noticed that you abandoned the Holy War mod exterior forum, does this mean that you have established a new website elsewhere on the internet?

:eek: That game, Raz, it looks amazing!

I'd be willing to give money for it, as it is now! Hope you'll keep on the good work!  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom