HISTORICAL Mods by Gabrilduro' s Bunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem at all.  Well to be honest, seeing Lilly charging upon fire and shots is funny as mostly noone can shoot her up. So Lilly 4ever  :lol:

Not sure tbh, as everyone seems to be drooling over the ACW mod recently...

As for Lilly - fun gimmick that she is, I'd rather not see her in 1776, certainly not as an inflated-stats uberdog of death. 1755 has 0 balanc and that's ok because it's really just a big sandbox to fool around in, but I'm hoping 1776 will be a more serious approach to (re-)fighting the AWI...

jackx said:

As for Lilly - fun gimmick that she is, I'd rather not see her in 1776, certainly not as an inflated-stats uberdog of death. 1755 has 0 balanc and that's ok because it's really just a big sandbox to fool around in, but I'm hoping 1776 will be a more serious approach to (re-)fighting the AWI...

I agree, I do hope the next version will be less silly. 10-stats all over the place, overpowered companions (incl mod-makers with cheat weapons...) items with stats that seems randomly chosen and so on. It's a good mod for having a bit of fun, but I'm having a hard time taking it very serious. The team obviously have a lot of talent, so I'm hoping they're taking the next version a bit more serious.

@Perxx: These cheat items were there so people who want fun can have it, in fact those who don't like them, don't have to use them so that's it  :wink:

However, I'd like to have some more options than in 1755 (I mean in diplomatic options) - something like implementing Diplomacy mod, or part of it, if possible.

Tom Bubu said:
@Perxx: These cheat items were there so people who want fun can have it, in fact those who don't like them, don't have to use them so that's it  :wink:

However, I'd like to have some more options than in 1755 (I mean in diplomatic options) - something like implementing Diplomacy mod, or part of it, if possible.

Well, yeah - but you do have companions starting with them.. as well as starting with maxxed out skills. Plus the inflated stats and such.
My point is not to bash the mod, because I do find it entertaining. I just feel it could be that much more enjoyable if a different approach were used for future versions.

1755 has grown, and that shows as the parts are somewhat disjointed and there are many inconsistencies, poomtang I think mentioned a top-down revision as potentially on the agenda after the 1776 release, which'd probably fix most of those issues...

As far as the companions are concerned, levelling them up from the ground up would be extremely tedious given the amount of random instant-death that can occur in any fight...  maybe there could be a way where we get them mid-level, say 8-10, but with unspent stat and skill points, so whe can customize them ourselves (since there's no bickering/interaction, any pre-defined "character" is pretty meaningless anyways).

What it really comes down to is that for playing 1755, you have to set your own goals, use the mod as a tool to develop a RP storyline that you came up with yourself... and for the AWI, I'd much rather have a fixed set of (well-balanced) rules to play by so winning feels like a satisfactory achievement.

PerXX said:
Tom Bubu said:

Well, yeah - but you do have companions starting with them.. as well as starting with maxxed out skills. Plus the inflated stats and such.
My point is not to bash the mod, because I do find it entertaining. I just feel it could be that much more enjoyable if a different approach were used for future versions.

Hmm, Yeah I understand what you mean, however you can still take cheat weapons from companions and buy new ones for them - ofcourse if you got enough of money. 
And well, for stats - yeah, thats true, lil bit "overpowered". I used import/export for my character but for companions it's impossible without some utilities (i think) so, I agree they are lil bit overpowered.

there will be a cleanup of 1755 sometime after 1776 is completed. I've been going through and cleaning up a lot of the scenes (if you have done a siege in 3.0 you might see/notice my handiwork :wink:)

The Companions were done this way by gab so you can focus less on the micromanagement of your companions and more on the fighting with them. I agree that the stats could be lowered for those who like to play with them/micromanage, so there could be a compromise there in the future update(s).

I'm hoping that by the end of summer (late august/september) there will be a beta released. I know that was their goal so I'm hopeful that goal will be achieved  :grin:

PerXX said:
jackx said:
I agree, I do hope the next version will be less silly. 10-stats all over the place, overpowered companions (incl mod-makers with cheat weapons...) items with stats that seems randomly chosen and so on. It's a good mod for having a bit of fun, but I'm having a hard time taking it very serious. The team obviously have a lot of talent, so I'm hoping they're taking the next version a bit more serious.
Mmmh......not sure I really think "silly" and not "serious" are the best words to describe the WHOLE 1755 huge work that was done, FOLKS :???: :???:
And not sure that some ppl will ever consider a friggen mod (whatever mod, and whoever makes it) completely good or ever really FINISHED.
So, many times, me and my team happen to stop and think:
Why the heck are we doing all this? Why are we working so hard? Why making EVEN new mods?
I think we will take a looong time to rest, huh?
In the meantime some other ppl will loose their precious time in making new mods......and I will be glad to Professionally Comment their work!! :cool:

Gabrilduro

----MOD ON VACATION----

This seems to be a misunderstanding, as it clearly wasn't my intention to bash 1755, or belittle the effort and dedication that have gone into it.

I'd just like a slightly different focus and approach for 1776, which so far, it appears that mod is taking anyways, so all I really did is state the obvious about 1755 (it is disjointed, having grown organically), and maybe let my relative dislike for Lilly, or more generally, animal companions/"pets" show a bit too much when the latter was suggested for 1776 as well.

GABRILDURO said:
PerXX said:
jackx said:
Mmmh......not sure I really think "silly" and not "serious" are the best words to describe the WHOLE 1755 huge work that was done, FOLKS :???: :???:
And not sure that some ppl will ever consider a friggen mod (whatever mod, and whoever makes it) completely good or ever really FINISHED.
So, many times, me and my team happen to stop and think:
Why the heck are we doing all this? Why are we working so hard? Why making EVEN new mods?
I think we will take a looong time to rest, huh?
In the meantime some other ppl will loose their precious time in making new mods......and I will be glad to Professionally Comment their work!! :cool:

Gabrilduro

----MOD ON VACATION----

I'm sorry you took it that way.
As mentioned, my intent was not to bash the team or your work, and I do find the mod entertaining.
My intent was to provide some constructive criticism, and suggest a different approach that, at least from my point of view, would help make this mod even more fun to play.

If such comments are not welcome, then I shall take them elsewhere, and if you felt insulted by my words, then I apologize, as that was not my intent.

Perhaps it's simply my idea of 'fun' that differs from the team. I like to start out small and build by way to the top, and not have anything handed to me on a silver platter. I like to be able to guide and build my companions from humble starts to great warriors. I do not mind them starting out with a certain skill-set or a decent level, just not so high that I'll have no influence over their progress. That way they feel like part of MY band of brothers. For me, the journey is at least, if not more fun than reaching the destination, so to speak.

VERY IMPORTANT

to Gaston and my friend Crumbs:
don t know why you both ended feedbacking almost a month ago, now.
NEVER happened between me and my mate Crumbs :shock:
And I have to say I am even very worried about him, cause I can see he stopped "visiting" M&B forums, since that long time.
I sadly have to say I noticed a periodic and systematic "presence" of you Gaston around and it makes me very sad you decide to ignore me and rest of Team/helèpers/supporters.....what I call the "Gabby's Bunch" !
I am a very open and direct "face to face" person, and do not like hiding, pretending or not clear attitudes, in general.
So at this point I have to officially comunicate on this topic, my need to progress with 1776, in some way and some how.
If you will spawn back you will be more than welcome, if not, I will keep a bitter taste of things and behaviours that I did not understood :???: :???:

Thx for the work and help/support everybody gave till now, and because of that....

I promise the old 1776 ship will not sink.....we will make it travel in open oceans as soon as we can!!!

Gabby

Auldman said:
Well said Gab. Simple and direct.
Thx, I hope so, really....I am italian not english :???:
But now I think is up to them, expecially Gaston, since I see he is reading these topics, to answer me.
I dislike so much to be ignored, expecially when I have been nice to ppl all the time.

Gab

I am considering starting a regiment for this mod, but I'll have to ask the lads in my ACW unit

Still,
I would like to reserve the name 47th Lancashire Line of Foot ^.^

Syre Lancaster said:
I am considering starting a regiment for this mod, but I'll have to ask the lads in my ACW unit

Still,
I would like to reserve the name 47th Lancashire Line of Foot ^.^
Hey! Ciao, I saw you waiting with me and others for ACW download :mrgreen:
Thx, but pls be patient....things will be ready not too soon :wink:
Keep in touch
Gab
PS the guy of your avatar reminds meof someone but I cannot remember....? Who is that?

Hey, GABRILDURO, for this mod, will there be hessian units? Because I want to form a hessian regiment maybe regiment von donop, riedesel or knyphausen. If so, thats rocks! Also, someone told me this inst multiplayer? Also, for a skirmisher regiment maybe for the British add loyalest called peters corps they were in a lot of battles and were Americans loyal to the crown. Thanks!  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom