Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies as I've been a little slow getting back to this thread.

Ephafn said:
Windyplains said:
The lords constructions being announced is a new feature, correct? Or were they simply never building anything in version 0.05?
They were building stuff back in v0.04 actually.  The announcing of what they're building is actually a bug (its a debug message that should have been disabled).
By the way, is there a way to see what improvement have been built in non-owned fiefs?
No, there is no current method to do this.  To be honest I am not sure if I would want there to be (for players).  For my own debugging purposes I'll probably make something simple though.  I may eventually tie it into the cheat menu system if I do so the option is out there.

That makes sense, so my problem was likely that I tried staying at maximum party size and I didn't had any companion with leadership. But is it me, or charisma no longer in the picture at all? Is it to balance the fact that CHA now give +2 party size per point?
Charisma never improved party morale (natively).  It only affected party size.  And yes, the +2 party size bonus seems reasonable enough to stick with for now.

A question:
I've downloaded the Floris workshop 0.06, installed on a clean warband 1.143, made it run from wse launcher; it works smoothly, but when it comes to PBOD orders, well it becomes buggy. It does not tell what buttons I have to press in order to set my armies, but in the starting message, instead of telling that i can position armies pressing F1, says to press the name of the enemy party: i can read funnily "press the button "looters" to place your army" for example.
Also, when selecting my archers, cavalry and infantry, and so on, I can see the same pbod options menu, but instead of seeing F1 troop movements, F2 fire options, F3, F4, F5, and so on, i see that after F3 it shoew up "A", "B", "C", pressing which obviously does not select the sub menu. pressing the corrispondent F4 or F5 button sometime solves the problem.

I tried download again, uninstall and reinstall everything: the error persist.

It's just my problem? I hope not. How can I solve it?

Is this with a v0.06 save game or from a prior version?  I believe I broke save game compatibility (for strings) with v0.06.  This generally always shows up uniquely in PBOD as I believe those order string numbers might be stored and referenced later (as opposed to a direct reference).  Thus by my adding something the order might have gotten shifted.

I am having the same problem, so I decided to check if it's the pre battle orders mod, but when I play that there is no problem, if I bind something to numpad 0 it says numpad 0, however in the floris workshop version instead of numpad 0 it says set up camp :3
So I guess something must have gone wrong in the order of things. I do love the mod though, keep up the good work.

Windyplains said:
Is this with a v0.06 save game or from a prior version?

I only played workshop 0.06, so I guess it's a bug of that version.
I've installed diplomacy + pbod and it runs fine and clear.
Glad for your quick answer, tough.

I haven't modified anything in PBOD in the workshop, however, that said it is likely an offset in the strings issue.  I'll have to see what can be done to fix it for v0.07.  Thanks for the reports :smile:

You're welcome. I tought it was just an issue with my pc.

Anyway, may I suggest a simple mod that could be added? http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2156
It's pretty basic, but the script allows to give multiple and particular bonuses/maluses to items. For example, the nobleman outfit could give a +1 leadership (or else), the surgeon clothing +1 or +2 wound treatment, a scout vest +1 tracking  and so on. For example, the Rus XIII had something similar, and gave a -1 archery if one had gloves.
From what i saw inside the code it does not affect the items.txt but it imports it to a second file, while in a third one there are the bonuses/maluses.

XGM Power Options:
I'll consider it.  I'm generally against clothing affecting skills unless it is in a penalizing way due to encumbrance issues, but I can also see the argument for some of the items listed above.  A person's wardrobe certainly would have some influence on their perceived power or air of command.  The surgeon's clothing shows tools on it for the purpose of that job which makes sense.

Windyplains said:
XGM Power Options:
I'll consider it.  I'm generally against clothing affecting skills unless it is in a penalizing way due to encumbrance issues, but I can also see the argument for some of the items listed above.  A person's wardrobe certainly would have some influence on their perceived power or air of command.  The surgeon's clothing shows tools on it for the purpose of that job which makes sense.

It could be a great incentive for player faction leaders to wear a crown if they effected your RTR, though the mod doesn't seem to list that as an option, but if they effected persuasion and/or charisma/leadership it would do the trick.

Version v0.07 News:
I've been fairly quiet here for a bit due to work and the expanding of the diplomacy system I had in mind.  I don't see the workshop ever having the "Diplomacy Mod" as a part of its design as it doesn't quite go the direction I wanted.  I've long felt that mount and blade needed more options for kings to control their culture and how things are conducted within it.  I was not sure how I wanted to go about this as some aspects feel like they should have a semi-permanent effect while others should be temporary or toggle-able effects.  My solution was to create a paired system of domestic policies and royal decrees.

First a summary of what the management screen looks like thus far:
summary%201%20of%202.jpg

summary%202%20of%202.jpg

Note: This took two images because of the "game effects" tooltip being so long.
The list of policies are kept to the left as a series of sliders, decrees are the checkboxes on the right with the center comprising an upper tooltip for description and a lower tooltip for game play effects.  The tooltips will automatically update as you adjust things and will display information on that factor only as it is hovered over.  The "Summary" button at the bottom center will redisplay the larger summary list combining all effects.

Domestic Policies - These are semi-permanent effects adjusted via the sliders for setting how your culture views certain aspects of life.  Some are very broad in nature, such as cultural focus, while others are fairly specific.  While you can change these aspects of your kingdom when desired, they are primarily intended to be the long-term views of your people.
Cultural Focus
cultural%20focus.jpg

Border Control
border%20control.jpg

Troop Desertion
desertion.jpg

Slavery
slavery.jpg

Royal Decrees - These are intended as temporary effects based upon the current needs of your kingdom.  They have a simple status of enabled or disabled instead of the scaled effect of the policy sliders.  An example of how I envision their use is to enable "War Taxation" & "Mandatory Conscription" while in a time of war when you really need troops in a hurry even at the cost of prosperity for your settlements.  Then once the war is over you can switch to a "Period of Reconstruction" to channel the income of each fief into rebuilding itself for a large relation & recovery rate boost.
Note: Many of the upper tooltip descriptions are not updated for decrees.
Mandatory Conscription
mandatory%20conscription.jpg

Period of Reconstruction
period%20of%20reconstruction.jpg

AI Diplomacy
As I am always in favor of any new system working for the AI at least nearly as well as it does for the player, you can expect the following:
[*] AI factions will have their own policy settings.  This should enhance their cultural flavor a bit.
[*] AI factions will use decrees to their advantage as needed.

Closing
I'd love to hear folks thoughts on this setup premise.  I'm open to hearing new suggestions on policies or decrees you feel should be added, but I would want to hear what they should impact.  Generally I have tried to keep things to a manipulating game values vs. creating entirely new features (though some will come with this) for individual policies.

Commonplace slavery appears to have almost no downsides, I suggest making slave insurgencies/rebellions more likely while the relation with your towns is reduced due to slaves taking all the jobs.

Looks really interesting.  Definitely moving in a direction that makes the campaign (i.e. overall strategy) of the game more in depth.  Anything that gives the gameplay diversity and rewards for successful conquests is welcomed.

Thanks for your efforts.

Windyplains said:
Version v0.07 News:
I've been fairly quiet here for a bit due to work and the expanding of the diplomacy system I had in mind. 

You did an amazing job. I would love to see the game having strategic and political decisions available. It makes the mod great!

The Domestic Policies and Royal Decrees look great.  I really like where you are going with this.

I had a suggestion to make wives more influential perhaps a series of bonuses and penalties based on the wife's personality (Conventional, Political, Moral, Combative and Romantic. )

Political wives could offer a bonus when dealing with other kingdoms, but perhaps a penalty at home.  Moral Wives give a bonus to honour but throw lousy feasts.  Romantic wives throw great feasts but your relations with villages takes a hit.  ( I can put more thought into the actual math if this is something that seems doable)

Plus, wives boost relation with towns and villages that are of her culture.  Perhaps lower relations in towns not of her culture.

I just think marriage was such an important aspect of politics in the middle ages, it should be influential in Warband too.

Thanks again for the great work you have done with the Floris Workshop.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  If there are any other aspects of policies or decrees that you think would be a good addition I'd like to hear them.  Every effect already listed in the two summary images is easily altered by new effects, but if there is some other aspect you think I'm missing then let me know.

Barnolo said:
I just think marriage was such an important aspect of politics in the middle ages, it should be influential in Warband too.
I'm always interested to hear folks ideas.  I would agree that the choice of a wife in warband is fairly underutilized.  One has to consider female characters being married to lords though when including game altering effects though.

I hadn't considered the female players, but I suppose bonuses/penalties could be assigned based on the personality of the husband (e.g. a martial lord would grant a recruiting bonus, but also incur a trade penalty)

Thanks again for this great mod!

Question for the community:
For those who've used the Tournament's in-game "guide", how useful do you find that information?  Do you think it is better to keep information like that on a wiki (as we also have), or is it more useful to have the easily accessed general guide?

I ask because I am currently developing a similar guide for all of the Diplomacy changes in the workshop and intend to do one for both the companion management system (autoloot, dynamic weapon sets, companion roles) and the center improvement system (improvements, AI using them, the need to repair, etc).

All of these will be found under the "Reports" -> "Reference Material" menu.  In v0.07 the tournament guide & the newer diplomacy guide will already be found there.

Windyplains said:
Question for the community:
For those who've used the Tournament's in-game "guide", how useful do you find that information?  Do you think it is better to keep information like that on a wiki (as we also have), or is it more useful to have the easily accessed general guide?

I ask because I am currently developing a similar guide for all of the Diplomacy changes in the workshop and intend to do one for both the companion management system (autoloot, dynamic weapon sets, companion roles) and the center improvement system (improvements, AI using them, the need to repair, etc).

All of these will be found under the "Reports" -> "Reference Material" menu.  In v0.07 the tournament guide & the newer diplomacy guide will already be found there.
Was there no thoughts on this?

I definitely utilize some of the in game guides.  Particularly things such as the troop trees which are more useful and convenient to use than anything one could create easily with a wiki.

That said, I think things which are more textual and don't require any custom UI to be useful should have their primary home on the wiki. No reason it couldn't be mirrored in-game, but it's best to have the one canonical home be the wiki where it's easily edited/updated/expanded without needing to distribute a new Floris build.  M&B's alt-tab behaviour is pretty solid so it's not a problem to task switch.

A distributed system also has the advantage that you could stash the raw information up there and someone else could come along and improve its organization and presentation. (Leaving you more time to create new fun things  :grin:  )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom