SP - General hiring governors

Users who are viewing this thread

upgrading a clan member to be a good governor is pretty tedious. You constantly have to search the skill tree up and down to find the best skills because they are all over the place. Governor/administrator should be a skilltree on its own, like trade.
i realize that the skill tree is almost 100% finished at the moment so I think this ship has sailed. Therefor I have this suggestion instead:

Give the player the choice to hire a local governor and a choice of skill level:
1 Local notable, cheap, few low rank governor perks across the board, main benefit: no cultural penalty
2 Average bureaucrat, expansive, all the governor perks until level 100 (arbitrary)
3 Good administrator, very expansive, all the governor perks until level 175 (arbitrary)

This would be an extra money sink en would free your clan members for other tasks.
they would require an upkeep, but the benefits of the perks combined should be greater than the costs.

You mean hiring a companion or a NPC? I think NPC - ie a static figure because he would be quite a leveled charachter if he was a "real" companion, already at bureaucrat-tier. I mean, as you say, there are governor-perks "all over the place", he would pretty much have 100 in every skill!

You mean hiring a companion or a NPC? I think NPC - ie a static figure because he would be quite a leveled charachter if he was a "real" companion, already at bureaucrat-tier. I mean, as you say, there are governor-perks "all over the place", he would pretty much have 100 in every skill!
Yes exactly a NPC, so you couldn’t take this person in you party

I like the idea. But rather than a one-time investment, I would prefer a holder-exclusive "Noteable" - Steward/Castelleon-figure that takes power from having a powerful holding. The better the holding is, the better troops he offers, the better quests he offers and the better he manage the holding. He provides his own quests/issues, that usually costs a bit to solve but they are good investments in the holding rather than the clan/player party.

You can choose to have the noteable of your faction's culture or Holding's native culture. If you choose native, you will have a harder time to get him happy and provide many/good soldiers and even get lower revenue from the holding but to a much lower revolt-risk. [AI tend to select Faction culture over native]

Rather than working with perks, he provides flat benefits from relation and Noteable-power.

I think the benefits could actually boost the active Daily Project. This way you can and should keep a regular eye on them.

With a governor assigned, his power is restricted dramatically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom