• No

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • What? Some sorta disco dancer?

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

omzdog

Grandmaster Knight
Don't think we've touched on this topic. Let us discuss.
hipster-2.jpg

What exactly are they? Lovers of the obscure or haters of the cliche? A friend once told me hipsters hate other hipsters and will never truly admit to being one himself. Do they exist outside of the urban demographic?

"Oh look at me, I'm non-conformist! I conform to the styles and attitudes of non-conformists! My hair makes me look like a douchebag, which I totally am anyways! smileyfacesmileyfacesmileyfacesmileyface ellipses ellipses ................... smileyface !"

Hipster impersonation. Am I doin' it right?

hipster.jpg

www.latfh.com

Like most styles, both social and fashionable, they are identity crisis. My firend puts stickers on everything. For what other reason would a person display adhesive interests than to say "look at me, this is what I like, will you like me too?"

Oh and Orion, Ive always called them Counterculture-conformists.

I hate them in general. Anyone that tries that hard to achieve a look is trying to put on an identity like its something as shallow as paint on a rock. "I used to be a rock, but now I'm ART!" It makes me feel sorry for trend setters, as I know quite a few who invented a look and then every douchbag in town steals it. Unless its plain, if you can buy it in a department store, it'll make you look like a douche.

I know a lot of hipsters, they are actually ok. We listen to the same kind of music, so it makes it easier for me to hang out with them I guess. The girls are usually very pretty, and they always have some fun stuff to do. We have a lot of hipsters Sweden, I think it's due to our large indie pop and indie rock scene.

Yes, that's right, I get along with hipsters. I'm starting to prefer them to metalheads a lot actually, the hipsters tend to have more self-distance and don't mind making fun of themselves or their music.

Orion said:
hipster.jpg
I can't stand the hipster "style", but damn do I miss having a bluejean vest like that. I went through a half dozen of them growing up, and I just can't find any my size any more.

Omzdog said:
A friend once told me hipsters hate other hipsters and will never truly admit to being one himself.
This seems like an accurate statement. I have a couple of friends who are clearly hipsters but will also laugh at hipsterhitler jokes and will vehemently deny that they are one.  :neutral: It's ridiculous.

Hipsters are our generation's hippies. Let's not make the same mistake our parents did. Let's kill them all now, while we still can. Does anyone really want to live to see a 50-year-old hipster?

Mage246 said:
Hipsters are our generation's hippies. Let's not make the same mistake our parents did. Let's kill them all now, while we still can. Does anyone really want to live to see a 50-year-old hipster?
Yeah, right now they're all in their late thirties and early forties.

Hipsters or hippies? Hippies would have to be in their 50s, at least if they're American hippies. The hippie thing didn't get big until the 60s in America. Hipsters now are graduating from high school between about 2002 and present day.

Also, the guy in that denim vest reminded me of Benny Lava.

Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom