Hints and tips about skills in bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

After playing this game for a while now I have noticed some things that I wish I had known from the start. Here are my tips about this new skill system that we all are new at:

- On the skill screen the + circle will give you a description of the skill and what situations will improve it. While the i circle will give some more info, often the actual bonus you get from the skill.

- Roguery skill is (just) not for rogues. After a battle when you kill an enemy who has an armor worth 100k, you need a high Roguery skill for your character to want to pick that armor off that corpse. Roguery also has some amazing perks regardless of whether you will be low honor or not.

- You should level up all the skills a bit. Leveling up a skill will give you perks that are general (like more hitpoints or improved archer troops). Also improving a skill gives levels which give attribute points, which again let you level the skills you want very high, higher. The skill/leveling system is made in such a way that you should improve all your skills as much as possible.

- this might be known but you get more exp for doing "difficult" things. Like a head shot with a bow gives more exp than a body shot, and galloping fast with a horse while shooting an arrow in the face of an enemy gives more riding skills than standing still on your horse.

- this probably many know, but you increase trade skill from good trades. Buy fish for 9 somewhere and sell it for 17 somewhere else. This gives you a trade profit and you get trade exp. You can level up trade fast with some good routes. By the way, does anyone know if trade skill affects the income from workshops? (They seem to auto-sell their goods to the market)

Well, that is about all the tips I have. (Also get 20 crossbow skill in tutorial if you ever want to xbow. Actually do it anyway since leveling xbow will give you skill points which will give you levels which then give attributes which then let you increase all other skills more)

The thing about xbow is ridiculous, when will they fix it?
It seems like a "fix" is apparently to do tournaments in Vlandia as then you can train with an xbow. You still need at least 20k to buy an xbow but now I think you can get xbow xp from Vlandia. (Haven't tried myself though, just read on the forum that it was possible)

Main skill hint:
At the start never pick skills that you will use. For example like riding, scouting and combat skills.
Lvl up only kinda useful skill that you will never lvl up more.

Becouse you can ezpz improve that skills. so what is the point of choosing them? It will cut a few lvls from you.

Main skill hint:
At the start never pick skills that you will use. For example like riding, scouting and combat skills.
Lvl up only kinda useful skill that you will never lvl up more.

Becouse you can ezpz improve that skills. so what is the point of choosing them? It will cut a few lvls from you.
Yes, that's exactly what I've done with my new character.

After playing this game for a while now I have noticed some things that I wish I had known from the start. Here are my tips about this new skill system that we all are new at:

- On the skill screen the + circle will give you a description of the skill and what situations will improve it. While the i circle will give some more info, often the actual bonus you get from the skill.

- Roguery skill is (just) not for rogues. After a battle when you kill an enemy who has an armor worth 100k, you need a high Roguery skill for your character to want to pick that armor off that corpse. Roguery also has some amazing perks regardless of whether you will be low honor or not.

- You should level up all the skills a bit. Leveling up a skill will give you perks that are general (like more hitpoints or improved archer troops). Also improving a skill gives levels which give attribute points, which again let you level the skills you want very high, higher. The skill/leveling system is made in such a way that you should improve all your skills as much as possible.

- this might be known but you get more exp for doing "difficult" things. Like a head shot with a bow gives more exp than a body shot, and galloping fast with a horse while shooting an arrow in the face of an enemy gives more riding skills than standing still on your horse.

- this probably many know, but you increase trade skill from good trades. Buy fish for 9 somewhere and sell it for 17 somewhere else. This gives you a trade profit and you get trade exp. You can level up trade fast with some good routes. By the way, does anyone know if trade skill affects the income from workshops? (They seem to auto-sell their goods to the market)

Well, that is about all the tips I have. (Also get 20 crossbow skill in tutorial if you ever want to xbow. Actually do it anyway since leveling xbow will give you skill points which will give you levels which then give attributes which then let you increase all other skills more)

In a nut shell this sums up why I dislike the new skill system. I came to the exact same conclusions myself by my second character. There is zero variation. :/

Back
Top Bottom