LSP 3D Art Highlanders models *#:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Great models! I've managed to implement them ingame. I created a whole Highlander line of troops for the Rhodoks. Here are a few pics.....

mb5d.jpg

mb8u.jpg

mb6ui.jpg

mb2g.jpg

mb4q.jpg

I still need to implement the vertex animations for the shields, before I get those in game too.... :grin:

I'll try and check it out later. As well as make the vertex animations for the shields if I feel the urge....

Do you mind posting your merc troop tree? I can compare it to mine, and maybe we can come up with an interesting minimod with these armors.....    as a completely laid back, and educational waste of time (for me at least) :razz:

CounterPoint391 said:
I'll try and check it out later. As well as make the vertex animations for the shields if I feel the urge....

Do you mind posting your merc troop tree? I can compare it to mine, and maybe we can come up with an interesting minimod with these armors.....    as a completely laid back, and educational waste of time (for me at least) :razz:

that was the simpliest one :grin:

highlander ~20 lvl
mercenary highlander 25 lvl
hired highlander 30 lvl

Aye, I took a few a page or two back :grin:

And rgcotl...... that is pretty simple..... did you splice it onto the existing merc tree?

I made my own 'Rhodok' Highlander tree, by carefully splicing it into the existing Rhodok one. The result is awesomely clad highlanders, and the AI lords recruit them too.

Tribesman--->Highlander--->rest of tree
  \
Militia--->spearman--->rest of Rhodok spearmen
    \
crossbowman---->rest of Rhodok xbows

Highlander
                                                            /              \
                                        Highland Hunter      Highland Clansman --------------------------------\
                                              /                                      \                                                          \
                        Highland Bowman                        Highland Raider                            Highland Border Scout
                                /                                            /                  \                                                  \
            Highland Archer                Highland Swordsman        Highland Axeman              Highland Border Horseman
                  /                                          /                                              \                                                \
    Highland Ranger    Highland Elite Swordsman                    Highland Elite Axeman            Highland Light Cavalry
                                                                                                                                                                  \
                                                                                                                                                        Highland Noble

CounterPoint391 said:
And rgcotl...... that is pretty simple..... did you splice it onto the existing merc tree?

no i just maded it as an individual merc type

things like u do is not for me
cause basically i do not really playing warband

CounterPoint391 said:
Just wanted to say the models look fantastic. I'll try and put up a couple screens of how they look ingame...

Thanks a lot! But I cannot understand result on screenshots. It seems to me like model look too dark? Maybe it is necessary to make textures more brighter? And to make normalmap more strongly?is it displayed correctly? Is all good with specular? It is possible to make a screenshot at day illumination that the sun shone in front?

rgcotl said:
just finished include it in native (including mercenaries, and module system)

the rigging i did probably not the best

but who wants can rework it

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2372

also i have tryed to do some modification with multi meshes but i need new texture without shadows for it

I did not expect to receive results so quickly. Thanks.) I have downloaded archive but how can i see them in game? (I am not so good in it) I need to begin new campaign? Where I can hire them? I need to see models in-game to correct their lacks before I`ll do the next..

CounterPoint391 said:
I made my own 'Rhodok' Highlander tree, by carefully splicing it into the existing Rhodok one. The result is awesomely clad highlanders, and the AI lords recruit them too.

Wow) I saw them as the minination with a small line of special units, but you have made  them a real fraction))
Can I express my opinion on this question?
Mountains of Rhodok really good place for them. Why not.) I saw them as one village where them it would be possible to hire plus the castle of the highlander lord, the vassal of  Ghodok. Plus mercenaries in taverns and raiders. About features of highlanders: they use light armor and small targes, they very fast runners, they are very good in fencing on swords(Therefore their tactics is a fast charge and close combat.They can be deadly in near fight, it is necessary to try to shoot them on a distance),weak cavalry, use darts as the throwing weapon and they are cheap.

Highlanders Youth
(stufs\clubs\spears\daggers\stones\no shield)
          \
Highlanders Clansman
(blunt weapon\axes\shield\simple helmets)
          \
Highlanders Warrior
(2nd armor type) (sword\axe\shield)----------------------------------------
    /                                                                                                      \
Highlanders hardened(or veteran) Warrior                    Highlanders Scouts (light cavalry)
(+armor parts and helmets\sword or axe or 2h axe\shield)    (speras\sword or axe\shield\darts)
  /                                                                                                  \
Highlanders foot Noble                                                   Highlanders Noble cavalry
(3rd armor type) (sword\2h sword or 2h axe\shield)                  (spear\shield\1.5 Sword\darts)

Narf of Picklestink said:
These are exceptional, Yamabusi!  High-poly sculpt for the normal map is a really nice touch. 

Looking forward to more work from you- and welcome to the forum!

Thanks.) though meanwhile I am not so happy with result. There are some mistakes. I hope, figure it out..

I did not expect to receive results so quickly. Thanks.) I have downloaded archive but how can i see them in game? (I am not so good in it) I need to begin new campaign? Where I can hire them? I need to see models in-game to correct their lacks before I`ll do the next..

simple just extract that rar somewhere and replace old native folder
(with is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\ )
with this new
when it ask you do you want replace it pres yes

when you finish it just start MB:WB
and fastest way to look at armors is custom battles last 3 persons you see here is all 3 your highlander armors

other way i think is you have to start new game and go in taverns till you find highlanders

I was going to implement them but it looks like I've been beat to it. Oh well. This is my favourite osp pack ever.

Now they just need to be paired with some nice osp weapons. A couple of claymores, perhaps? A classic great claymore and a baskethilt. Those targes look fantastic.

2 rgcotl
Thanks a lot, you have helped me very much!
At last I can see them in game)

Here what has turned out at present moment:
hlskreen.jpg

I think it is necessary to make them  a bit more brighter, to strengthen normal map and to reduce specular on a leather.

Now I make 4th model. I think, it will be last for highlanders. + pair of berets and the weapon.

After that, I think,  it will be possible to finalise the pack.

Back
Top Bottom