Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

CEOofCalradia

Sergeant at Arms
Summary: I have this problem where I get high pings on official TW servers (any gamemode either through matchmaking or joining through custom server list). However, on private servers I have good pings. This only happens on official TW servers. I'm located in Germany and it's impossible to earn the multiplayer currency like this. Even with low player count the ping is high (100-150), and it gets especially worse if getting closer to areas with a lot of action. I've tried everything. Does anyone have solutions or know how to fix this annoying issue?
How to Reproduce: Join any official TW server
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
1DqybHi.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: 1080gtx msi
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: 8700k intel
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: asus Z370-a Prime
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Hey, forwarded the issue the dev team. I will let you know under this thread if there is any step the devs want you to try. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting it in.

Yeah, i recognize this issue. For me it doesnt show that i have a high ping, but the gameplay certainly feels like it.

Greetings,

Bunt object

Yeah, i recognize this issue. For me it doesnt show that i have a high ping, but the gameplay certainly feels like it.

Greetings,

Bunt object
It seems the developers don't have time or don't care about this problem. I haven't got a solution or any further replies from the devs/support since making this thread.

It seems the developers don't have time or don't care about this problem. I haven't got a solution or any further replies from the devs/support since making this thread.
Well, i have played some Teamdeathmatch yesterday, and the official server was okey. The BRE siege server was hideous, the Taleworld siege server was bad too, the captain 3X server was actually the worst. But they asked me to make a video about their servers. So, i will see if the siege is up at some time, and i will make the video. I will actually tape all the bad lag on each server, and just note it down. Maybe they can work on something to get it going.

Greetings,

Bunt object

I have a suggestion that might be helpful to you.

In case you haven't received any further assistance from the official support, you may consider manually trying out some "game network optimization" software, commonly known as a "Gaming VPN." This software can potentially improve your gaming experience.
Because the majority of these services are not available for free, I regret that I am unable to provide a specific recommendation without appearing as if I am promoting any particular product or service.

It would be ideal if you could inquire about the location of the multiplayer server. This way, you could manually switch to a VPN server that is geographically close to it, which would optimize your PING experience.

I have a suggestion that might be helpful to you.

In case you haven't received any further assistance from the official support, you may consider manually trying out some "game network optimization" software, commonly known as a "Gaming VPN." This software can potentially improve your gaming experience.
Because the majority of these services are not available for free, I regret that I am unable to provide a specific recommendation without appearing as if I am promoting any particular product or service.

It would be ideal if you could inquire about the location of the multiplayer server. This way, you could manually switch to a VPN server that is geographically close to it, which would optimize your PING experience.
Never heard about it. I would think it would only make the ping a lot worse because there would be more latency because there is another server between you and the game server.
Ping is actually never high. Above 100ms almost never occurs, and certainly not above 150ms. Usually is 40ms ish.
I could try it out.

Greetings,

Bunt object

Never heard about it. I would think it would only make the ping a lot worse because there would be more latency because there is another server between you and the game server.
Ping is actually never high. Above 100ms almost never occurs, and certainly not above 150ms. Usually is 40ms ish.
I could try it out.

Greetings,

Bunt object
Actually, I have some more useful information to share.
As far as I know, the official developer shared the test server once during the early access stage. The thread has been modified, but I documented these addresses once. I can't ensure it is still working, but you guys can take it a try.
  • EU: speedtest-ams3.digitalocean.com
  • NA: speedtest-nyc3.digitalocean.com
  • ASIA: speedtest-sgp1.digitalocean.com
AMS - (Amsterdam) ?
So I am guessing that is the reason why you guys have such a terrible PING.
Here is a reference for network PING latency from Amsterdam to other cities: https://wondernetwork.com/pings/Amsterdam

Last edited:
Hey, are you still experiencing this issue? If the issue is persistent on the official servers please let me know so i can inform the devs. Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

As the information asked was not provided within 2 weeks, i will mark the thread as solved. Please let me know if the issue is persistent.

Back
Top Bottom