SP - General High Tier Weapons and Armor as Ruler/Noble Quest Rewards

Users who are viewing this thread

First, thank you for releasing the game as early access and being open to suggestions. I've been playing since launch and also (poorly) participated in the multiplayer beta but have not been contributing feedback until recently. I hope to change that soon.

Currently, it is difficult to obtain high tier equipable items without stealing from in-game spouse. Supposedly, these items will eventually appear for sale in towns based on certain criteria.

I propose making quest rewards the primary means of securing these items, particularly the culture-specific and labeled "noble" or "lord" items that the nobles already wear. The quality of the armor can be dictated by the player's relationship with the faction. Certain items could be acquired as rewards from nobles that you have no affiliation or relationship level with.* A different variety of armors would be available to the player if they have a mercenary contract and the highest tier items would only be available to players who have joined factions.

Implementing this feature would (literally) give added incentive to complete quests issued by nobles in the middle to late game. It would also make these armors available to players who are not pursuing economic domination in their games.

*Maybe an additional perk to choosing the player's culture could be that player could receive better rewards from nobles of the same culture. Along the same lines, a higher relationship level could improve the chances of getting higher tier items.

First, thank you for releasing the game as early access and being open to suggestions. I've been playing since launch and also (poorly) participated in the multiplayer beta but have not been contributing feedback until recently. I hope to change that soon.

Currently, it is difficult to obtain high tier equipable items without stealing from in-game spouse. Supposedly, these items will eventually appear for sale in towns based on certain criteria.

I propose making quest rewards the primary means of securing these items, particularly the culture-specific and labeled "noble" or "lord" items that the nobles already wear. The quality of the armor can be dictated by the player's relationship with the faction. Certain items could be acquired as rewards from nobles that you have no affiliation or relationship level with.* A different variety of armors would be available to the player if they have a mercenary contract and the highest tier items would only be available to players who have joined factions.

Implementing this feature would (literally) give added incentive to complete quests issued by nobles in the middle to late game. It would also make these armors available to players who are not pursuing economic domination in their games.

*Maybe an additional perk to choosing the player's culture could be that player could receive better rewards from nobles of the same culture. Along the same lines, a higher relationship level could improve the chances of getting higher tier items.
From what I heard they high tier stuff wont spawn since their value is so high that it needs a very high prosperity town to get them to spawn and right now the prices are too high and town prosperity cant get that high and for some reason Taleworld wont fix this since it has been a month or two that they have been removed and yes weapon rewards looting is junk, maybe get a cracked bow or rusty weapon all the time is dumb, kind of Lazy for the devs to just remove items instead of just fixing the problem, heck I gave a great way to get high tier weapons back into game so low levels cant use them but hey its easier to just ignore the problem instead of fixing it, that is their motto, "remove it, don't fix it", sad sad way to work on the game

From what I heard they high tier stuff wont spawn since their value is so high that it needs a very high prosperity town to get them to spawn and right now the prices are too high and town prosperity cant get that high and for some reason Taleworld wont fix this since it has been a month or two that they have been removed and yes weapon rewards looting is junk, maybe get a cracked bow or rusty weapon all the time is dumb, kind of Lazy for the devs to just remove items instead of just fixing the problem, heck I gave a great way to get high tier weapons back into game so low levels cant use them but hey its easier to just ignore the problem instead of fixing it, that is their motto, "remove it, don't fix it", sad sad way to work on the game

Yeah, I have read the same. To be honest, I just don't like the idea of off-the-rack high-level arms and armor. I don't have any not-historical or not-economically-logical reason; it just feels kinds of cheap - even if you end paying 200k for a helmet.

I disagree about the state of the game but I think I understand where you're coming from. I don't work in software development per se but I work in project management and it makes sense to me to triage their responses. The current looting situation isn't really broken - it's certainly annoying but seems like more a balancing issue that doesn't prevent play. That said, when I used the better loot mod and price adjuster mods, I found that they made looting boring because of how easy it was to get the good stuff.

Yeah, I have read the same. To be honest, I just don't like the idea of off-the-rack high-level arms and armor. I don't have any not-historical or not-economically-logical reason; it just feels kinds of cheap - even if you end paying 200k for a helmet.

I disagree about the state of the game but I think I understand where you're coming from. I don't work in software development per se but I work in project management and it makes sense to me to triage their responses. The current looting situation isn't really broken - it's certainly annoying but seems like more a balancing issue that doesn't prevent play. That said, when I used the better loot mod and price adjuster mods, I found that they made looting boring because of how easy it was to get the good stuff.
I just think there should be a chance of a good item dropping in battle, think about it a lord gets defeated and his helm is there, why can't I loot it. But make it more rare to get the items like most RNG games have, better high are super rare
and with high tier weapons, lower their price so they spawn and just make it higher level skill required like noble bow being 120 skill instead of 70 that keeps low levels from using, boom, weapons handled but no we remove and don't fix problems, there are items in the game they you have no chance of getting right now. but for higher tier weapons and armor I have made a suggestion for smithing to expand to armorers and fletchers so they can make them as well, I know that take extra work, but wood crafters can make bows, so why cant we

I hear you. When I wipe out 50 legionaries, you'd think there would be at least one usable item.
I know we dont want to flood the market but when I play RNG based loot games getting that great item is like Christmas opening a present and gets you so excited and to have a more diverse loot system i think would be great, hopefully they could implement down the line

I’ve gotten some decent stuff. What is your Roguery at?

25 on one character and a little over 50 on another. I've not noticed a difference between the two levels even though they are still relatively low, but then again roguery isn't really my thing in the current state of the game.

At what level have you started noticing decent stuff? Has it had a condition modifier?

They removed the high tiers itens from the game completely?

25 on one character and a little over 50 on another. I've not noticed a difference between the two levels even though they are still relatively low, but then again roguery isn't really my thing in the current state of the game.

At what level have you started noticing decent stuff? Has it had a condition modifier?
Even at 50, you are getting less “worn” and “charred” items. So the drops will produce better quality stuff. So those tier 4/5 boots you sold that were beat up previously, start to come at a higher quality, and the lower end gear drops at exceptional quality, which can sometimes Trump the mid tier stuff (this is more relevant for city wear for you and your companions).

But even getting a 100, I don’t know what kind of raw increase you get of the better base items, I do know that you get less duds when those items drop, so have gotten decent things as a result when my forces were taking out 100s of opponents

But even getting a 100, I don’t know what kind of raw increase you get of the better base items, I do know that you get less duds when those items drop, so have gotten decent things as a result when my forces were taking out 100s of opponents

Interesting. I guess though that I'd still like there to be an alternative to scavenging for items. Especially since I don't want everyone of my characters to have to do the things to increase roguery.

Interesting. I guess though that I'd still like there to be an alternative to scavenging for items. Especially since I don't want everyone of my characters to have to do the things to increase roguery.
The main way I’ve built it up is selling captured bodies. Prefer to chase people down with a mace, so you get about 4* as many knocks versus kills when using a lance or sword

The main way I’ve built it up is selling captured bodies. Prefer to chase people down with a mace, so you get about 4* as many knocks versus kills when using a lance or sword

Thanks! I'll give this a try. I might just make a new Sturgian character and pump several points into roguery and cunning just to keep it as a constant xp source.

I agree that the objects should be more attainable.
This could be an immersive way.

I still think a system like the one in Viking Conquest with 1 faction based blacksmith that would sell those top-tier stuff for high prices.
The other system I think they could use is the one from Fire and Sword, where they had you "order" a piece by a master blacksmith, it would cost an arm and a leg and you'd have to wait some time for it to be crafted, but it is better than low chance at getting good items.

I've gotten all kinds of good loot though from some battles with other lords.
*The masked Khuzait helmet with a spike on it(dont recall the name)
*Noble Bow (from fighting vs Aserai)
*Khuzait top tier armor not sure of its name either, but its green on the legs, and alot of their lords use it(even the battered one I looted, would still fetch 77k at the market).

As for items I've managed to purchase
*Warglave cost like 70k (2h pole)
*Various other items priced at 50k is showing every so often.

I wish it would be abit less rng and we could pay for the items.
Like when you want that item, and you have millions of denars, and well so money isnt that much an issue.

Rogue skill do impact it, and also note that afaik there is some of the skill that is party based bonus, so if you have a "rogue" in your party that will be a bonus from them on top of your own if I understood it correctly.

I still think a system like the one in Viking Conquest with 1 faction based blacksmith that would sell those top-tier stuff for high prices.
The other system I think they could use is the one from Fire and Sword, where they had you "order" a piece by a master blacksmith, it would cost an arm and a leg and you'd have to wait some time for it to be crafted, but it is better than low chance at getting good items.

I agree. At this point, I've logged many more hours on VC and Pendor so I sometimes can't remember what vanilla Warband actually had. I'd like to see this kind of mechanic expanded, too, with multiple NPC craftsmen who each have a specialty and maybe have some limitations to who they will work for. For instance, the majority of "knightly" armors could be made by NPCs who only sell to faction-aligned clans or the governor of the city they're in.

I've gotten all kinds of good loot though from some battles with other lords.

I just stopped playing with the better loot mods and to be honest, felt it to be unsatisfying. It felt very when it rains it pours and found myself getting more armor than I could handle. Felt a little like Diablo 3. That said, it may just be a matter of balancing to make things rare enough to feel exciting. That said, I wrote a suggestion here proposing that you could either take captured NPC's gear the way you could in VC and/or even have the banished NPCs try to bribe you with some of their gear.

Rogue skill do impact it, and also note that afaik there is some of the skill that is party based bonus, so if you have a "rogue" in your party that will be a bonus from them on top of your own if I understood it correctly.

That's a good point! I am playing a more bandit-focused player with a current level around 60 and have noticed some improvement. I'll pick up one of the rogue companions to see if that makes a difference.

I agree. At this point, I've logged many more hours on VC and Pendor so I sometimes can't remember what vanilla Warband actually had. I'd like to see this kind of mechanic expanded, too, with multiple NPC craftsmen who each have a specialty and maybe have some limitations to who they will work for. For instance, the majority of "knightly" armors could be made by NPCs who only sell to faction-aligned clans or the governor of the city they're in.

I just stopped playing with the better loot mods and to be honest, felt it to be unsatisfying. It felt very when it rains it pours and found myself getting more armor than I could handle. Felt a little like Diablo 3. That said, it may just be a matter of balancing to make things rare enough to feel exciting. That said, I wrote a suggestion here proposing that you could either take captured NPC's gear the way you could in VC and/or even have the banished NPCs try to bribe you with some of their gear.

That's a good point! I am playing a more bandit-focused player with a current level around 60 and have noticed some improvement. I'll pick up one of the rogue companions to see if that makes a difference.

For the record I dont play with mods during EA.
I want it to be totally vanilla so I can provide more feedback(post release of full retail on the other hand).
(But I'm guessing you're pointing out your view from playing with one. I also dont like it when its to available, but its an issue atm in the mechanics they have, which with some other mechanics in play would fix that regardless).

For the record I dont play with mods during EA.

A perfectly valid choice. I started playing with lots of mods because I didn't like the companion number limits and then experimented around after that. Since June though, I've tended to play it as close to vanilla as possible for the reasons you gave. My only mod now is one that gives full xp in tournaments and I just have that because I have strong feelings on the subject.

That said, mods can be useful as a way to test something out and I think can shape conversations about game features and dynamics by providing some datapoints on potential changes. I'm also paranoid about TW accidentally "shutting the door" on potential mods by making certain features unmoddable so I like that there's a mod community that's already active even though this means that playtesting an EA game with mods is problematic.

Back
Top Bottom