SP - Economy High Tier Armours in Shops

Users who are viewing this thread

Oi folks,

This thread is a suggestion to make High Tier Armours available in shops. I have an idea using the item modifiers introduced in Beta 1.2.0. The Beta 1.2.0 mentionned that now, Towns would produce some higher tier armours and would sometimes sell them, but the present rate of finding said armours is way too rare. With the present economy, most players are extremely rich, and unless they are playing Empire, they are limited to gear worn by T3 to T4 troops.

My suggestion :
  • Items modifiers like those introduced to loot should be introduced to shops. A cracked (bad modifier) version of a high tier armour should be common enough that it is confirmed to exist. High tier armours with a good modifier should be incredibly expensive and mythical level of rare.
In fact, a cracked version of a high tier armour should be 'frequent' enough that at least one every season is produced in a Town with a smithy. Either a body armour, shoulder armour, helmet, gloves or boots of a high tier set, but cracked.

But, no matter how, this thread is about making High Tier Armours available in shops. Until then, it can be used to show the armours you've found, so others know they are 'available'.

In Warband, shops had every culture armours in the shops. I much prefer the way Bannerlord makes culture matter, items in a Battanian Town are Battanian, there's just a lack of high tier armours that seem easy to find for T5+ Troops but impossible to the player. If it is linked to Clan Tier, then I don't understand why Lords of T3 Clans are wearing these armours that the player, with a higher Clan Tier, can't find.

Thanks to @Dr-Shinobi and @pbl, it seems that these Armours exist in shops, but the chance to spawn is just so low it's near impossible to find them.

If the spawn chance of these items is related to town production, that's great, but the chance needs to be drastically augmented. If it's related to anything else (Clan Tier, Player level, Time in game, etc.) than I would like to suggest the removal of these restrictions.

Oi folks,
The patch said that now towns would produce and sell high tier armours, but after around 2 years of wandering around Calradia, I still see exactly the same helmets, body armours, gloves, boots and 'cape items'. I have not seen a single item that shops did not sell before. I would like to gather some information about that and if nobody seems to be able to find them, I'll turn this thread into a suggestion to make these armours available.

So my question is this : Has anybody found a high tier item in a shop? If so, was it in a new game?

Edit : Looks like the Empire is the faction with the most high tier armours available.

Edit : This is about armours in the game (like those worn by Lords and high tier troops), but that don't seem to show in shops at all. For example, all armour pieces except boots and glove of the Sturgian Veteran Warrior.
It is possible to steal some of that high tier equipment from your wife, it is also possible but rare to loot it, so they exist as obtainable items in the game.

LeyJo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
im quite sure there is that shops are bugged and dont reestock atm. whatever they sell at the start they will sell for the rest of eternity. hope they fix t soon. your best hope is to farm for gear

This is a gamebreaking problem for me. I can't get appropriate armor for my roleplaying purposes, each type of high end armor should be available from the very start and always.

i found Lamellar with scale skirt, 48 body armour, it's like top 3 armours in the game several times during my game
This is a gamebreaking problem for me. I can't get appropriate armor for my roleplaying purposes, each type of high end armor should be available from the very start and always.
it's available, it's just rare, I found several high tier armours (+48 body) during my game and that was before this patch when they were rarer. Towns with smithies have higher chances of having the high tier armours you're looking for, also armours are going to be culture specific, so look in the right places

i found Lamellar with scale skirt, 48 body armour, it's like top 3 armours in the game several times during my game

it's available, it's just rare, I found several high tier armours (+48 body) during my game and that was before this patch when they were rarer. Towns with smithies have higher chances of having the high tier armours you're looking for, also armours are going to be culture specific, so look in the right places
It needs to be less rare then. I spent years rounding through the Battanian cities every couple weeks, after building smithies in almost all of them, and their stock remained the exact same the whole time, no armor above the sleeveless scale fat suit.

I don't think it's the smithy that produces the armours you found, I think a Lord fought an Empire Lord, won, looted that armour from the many troops that wear it (Legionary, Cataphract, Palatine Guard) and sold it to a town. In my game, the smithy appears to produce three versions of the Lamellar Northern Armour (T4) but nothing like this :
FC3ew.png
Not the body armour, nor the helmet, nor the shoulder pads, never seen any of those.
I have nearly 100h on Bannerlord : one day 600, one day 400 games and many minor runs. On my day 600, the only armours I've found were a lot of Northern Hauberk that seem to spawn after Clan Tier 4 (which shouldn't be linked at all) and the armour worn by Mamluke that I looted after a fight with the Beni Zilal. With that amount of time in the game I should've come accross a plethora of the gear that seems so accessible to other lords of lower Clan Tier than me and my own troops.
Most of the time, when people find high tier armour, it's from the Empire, I haven't found any, but did anyone see Sturgian / Khuzait / Aserai / etc. High Tier Armour?

Last edited:
Same here im finding body armor and helmets top tiers but you have to look hard for em. Could be a certain percentage that they sell those certain armors bound with levels or money idk yet. but it seems to have same pattern as Warband where you have to get lucky and takes time to find what youre searching for. I havent found Battanias crown helmet yet though and perhaps some arent implemented yet in game, who knows...And ive
played a lot of bannerlord recently ^^
qp19i08.png

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, was it Empire armour?

Think some yes, Sturgian, Valadians and Aserai to if i remember it right. Wish for more Battanians though since all i found was scale armor, boots, brass and only bear head for hat/helmet unfortunately which is pretty common

Last edited:
Ok great, what's your Clan lvl / character lvl / was it a new game? Sorry for the questions but I'm really trying to figure out to which god I've got to offer a sacrifice in order to find good Sturgian gear after 600 days

Nps im trying to figure it out myself. Well im making a lot of new builds all the time just to get the whole game now in its stage. To get the whole picture of what i like,miss and dislike in the game along with buggs and then report it in. Longest i´ve played with one was around Tier 5+ clan with around 900 days. Cant remember the details though. Idk, i dont really reflect on those to much just that i see a hefty price tag on the market and thinking oh thats a cool armor but to heavy for my build since i where playing as an berserker then. But i could be mixing high tier armor with what you said Northern Hauberk, but these ive seen where on the high double digit k value as i remember it. It could be that some arent in game yet but ive seen some parts of that picture you posted armor at the market. Wish the devs could clarify what armors out and not atm instead of it being an folklore story at the inn haha If i come over something expensive and hvy again ill post it here. Ps 600 days however is pretty semi fresh build though so could come later

Last edited:
Wish the devs could clarify what armors out and not atm instead of it being an folklore story at the inn haha
+1000 Couldn't have said it better!

If i come over something expensive and hvy again ill post it here.
Please do!
That applies to anybody else reading this thread, if you find heavy armours please post it here and tell your clan tier etc.

Ps 600 days however is pretty semi fresh build though so could come later
I agree, but I think that the market shouldn't bend to the player, all things in the game should be there from the start and just too expensive... Like in Warband. Day 600 means at some point I had 1M, 40+ Veteran Warriors and Shock Troops, who all had the gear I was looking for, taunting me endlessly

Thank you for your answers!

Oi folks,
The patch said that now towns would produce and sell high tier armours, but after around 2 years of wandering around Calradia, I still see exactly the same helmets, body armours, gloves, boots and 'cape items'. I have not seen a single item that shops did not sell before.

So my question is this : Has anybody found a high tier item in a shop? If so, was it in a new game?
Hey there :smile:
Well it was kinda odd for me.

When i installed the new patch my falx weapon transformed to a t6 weapon thats worth like 60k

And i also saw new weapons .

maybe you need to start a new game to recive the uodate,i guess its also dependend if you installed a smithy or something

''Lamellar with scale skirt'' Is the best armour I have found in bannerlord, seen 2 of it in my 59h run on the same save.

EDIT: Also mail and plate horse armour something, best horse armour in the game I've seen so far. Got it from drop after defeating a random lord and I saw it in a shop as well.

Last edited:
Hey there :smile:
Oi mate!

maybe you need to start a new game to recive the uodate,i guess its also dependend if you installed a smithy or something
Maybe, but that's kind of the point of my thread, I've been searching relentlessly for some armours, like the one worn by Sturgian Veteran Warrior. I've started new games in I think it was e.1.0.4(?), (when they said that the items tagged as multiplayer were now accessible), built a smithy in every single Aserai town and roamed the desert for 400+ days, but alas, no luck there and still the same armours in shops. I'm thinking about shelving the game until this and the AI blocking problem are fixed, because it's really hurting my enjoyment of the game. It is a grandiose game, I really love it, but these two things are increasingly frustrating. If they said nothing about high tier armours it would be fine, but it's the second patch they say 'ok, now high tier armours will spawn' and I still can't find anything.
It's hard to decide, should I continue my game, grind for Clan Tier 5 only to be disapointed? Should I start a new game, pour a hours and hours in it for 'nothing'? ('nothing' because I did it thrice and had a blast each time, but the goal of two whole playthroughs was to find high tier armours, which I didn't) I merely want to know what's the confirmed functionnal way to get high tier armours, if there is any. And to add to the irony, on my Sturgian game I actually looted the armour I was looking for in my Aserai game.

''Lamellar with scale skirt'' Is the best armour I have found in bannerlord, seen 2 of it in my 59h run on the same save.
Great thank you, I think I'll start an Excel sheet if I have more answers, but so far it looks more and more like either the Empire gear is the only one accessible or NPC Lords sell looted armours of Imperials, because they have a lot of troops wearing these.

Thank you all again, we're going to find that Loch Ness Monster armour my troops don't seem to have any problem finding!

Back
Top Bottom