High tier armor prices still too high

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Having to pay 250-300K for a cheast armor or 130-180K for a helmet is still insanely high. Are these prices definitives or can we expect more tweaks in the future?

Having to pay 500K for getting a gear which regular units are able to get in a few days feels really bad. TW please, bring some sense to your game and bring armor prices down to a reasonable cost. I cannot find any sense to the current system where the main character and companions are behind regular troops’ armor during almost the whole campaing (assuming we do not want no steal our wifes).

Let’s suppose I would like to get the best gear for me, for my brother and for two companions… I would have to pay close to 2 millions denars which is a totally ridiculous high price, which makes zero sense. Meanwhile, I can upgrade my regular troops after 5 battles against looters, and they are somehow able to get the best possible gear in the game. Seriously, this totally breaks any kind of immersion, and I cannot understand how devs want to keep up the horrible decision about making high tier armor as an end goal.

Please bring back the Warband system where getting high tier armor to match our troops is not a problem, and masterwork quality armors are the ones which are expensive.

End game goals and sh*t man.

But yeah seriously I don't understand why they do things this way. Troops, kingdom management and all that should be end game goals. Not armour ffs.

You can get many BIS pieces from loot now, due to +modifiers. Body piece is still rare but you can get gloves, boots, shoulders and helms that exceed what you can buy in the store normally, such 30 armor boots 26 gloves 25 shoulders and such. You can get many mid tier body armors like 35-40 armor from loot. Buying a single max armor for yourself (or finding that special someone) isn't too much. However the best body armors seem rarer in shops now.... so might need to do some dating .... Edit: also I assume even better pieces with +modifiers can appear in stores too, never saw a max armor with one yet though.

Not particularly long into a campaign you can sit on tens of millions of denars and nothing to spend it on. Kiting out your merry band of funsters in the top gear is pretty much the only big money sink in the late-ish game.

Buying clans is the lategame moneysink and gear doesnt matter lategame anyway.

So, yeah, they could lower the price of helmets and chestarmor a bit more.

Best armours should be only for nobles and noble units. Regular soldier trees should end up at tier 4 with ordinary mail shirt as top armor. Thats how I see it.
On the other hand, as already mentioned, loot is now set to level where I have no issue to amass top quality (lordly) armor sets and master class weapons collection that is barely fitting into my "stash" 😁

Best armours should be only for nobles and noble units. Regular soldier trees should end up at tier 4 with ordinary mail shirt as top armor. Thats how I see it.
On the other hand, as already mentioned, loot is now set to level where I have no issue to amass top quality (lordly) armor sets and master class weapons collection that is barely fitting into my "stash" 😁
You and your family are nobles. So, it is only right that they should get good stuff and be able to equiped their captains as befit their station.

Though, the argument that should matter is that its really hard to get excited over a piece of gear when you are running around at the head of an army of 2k+ men. Hence, its better to get this stuff early.

Last edited:
My hero is no noble until he becomes vassal. And when he decides to become a vassal he already has enough gold coins/loot to have pretty decent gear + for companions.
It should also be one of prerequisites to become a vassal. To be of some wealth. Whatever is the source of that wealth. Who cares about clan tiers. There are only 2 tiers of clans > ruling and ruled. 2nd prerequisite should be fief given when raised to vassal status. So your hero can buy armor from its income, when he doesn't have enough gold saved. I would assume a yearly income from average castle fief should buy you an average knight's gear+warhorse.
I have a weird habit of keeping kind of medium armor setup on my hero. Maybe esthetic reasons 🤔

My hero is no noble until he becomes vassal. And when he decides to become a vassal he already has enough gold coins/loot to have pretty decent gear + for companions.
It should also be one of prerequisites to become a vassal. To be of some wealth. Whatever is the source of that wealth. Who cares about clan tiers. There are only 2 tiers of clans > ruling and ruled. 2nd prerequisite should be fief given when raised to vassal status. So your hero can buy armor from its income, when he doesn't have enough gold saved. I would assume a yearly income from average castle fief should buy you an average knight's gear+warhorse.
I have a weird habit of keeping kind of medium armor setup on my hero. Maybe esthetic reasons 🤔
Yes, lets have some more pointless limitations that serve no purpose whatsoever. If people want to play with castles or run around solving quests for local villages or whatever it is that they do..

Then maybe let them.

Did you try Banner Kings? I stopped using it as soon as I realised that it has a kind of marshal system (what I hated in Warband), but it offers a lot of interesting nobility and fief related features.

Did you try Banner Kings? I stopped using it as soon as I realised that it has a kind of marshal system (what I hated in Warband), but it offers a lot of interesting nobility and fief related features.
Of course I did. But it is not up to date yet. I mean for 1.9.0 version.

Yes, lets have some more pointless limitations that serve no purpose whatsoever. If people want to play with castles or run around solving quests for local villages or whatever it is that they do..

Then maybe let them.
I don't care how other people play. It's single player game. I'm just expressing my opinions. Probably I should start every reply/comment with "in my opinion" 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Sure, we should wait some in game years to get some money to be able to pay the same gear than legionaries or other T5 units easily get. In the mean time you are trying to get 500K denars (and praying for availability in the stores), you are able to pay the wages for these troops which are somehow able to get their gear after 5 battles against looters. Do you see how silly this Logic is?

I am ok with some specific pretty expensive armor, but why all my party is wearing better gear than me? Why I can pay wages for T5-T6 units without problem, but I cannot pay a decent gear for myself during the first in game years?

Seriously, I really do not get the Logic behind this silly TW decision. I am ok paying 10 millions denars for a unique armor, but not for an armor which everyone has easy access except me.

And it is not just about price, but some specific equipment do not appear ever in stores. Meanwhile, all my Banner Knights have zero issues finding their armor and paying something like 50 denars for it. This is high tier for end game mechanic is really immersive…

Last edited:
I don't care how other people play. It's single player game. I'm just expressing my opinions. Probably I should start every reply/comment with "in my opinion" 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, it is a SP game. So why the devil are you suggesting utterly pointless limitations.

If people want to handicap themselves by becoming a vassal (early) then what is that to you...

Not necessarily as a "limitation", but I wouldn't mind the option of buying a noble title. Although I don't think that being a noble does anything?

Maybe it could be a prerequisite for marriage with a lord/lady and vassalage. Or maybe it could be a way to form armies even as a mercenary/trader/whatever that's not a vassal.

Having to pay 250-300K for a cheast armor or 130-180K for a helmet is still insanely high. Are these prices definitives or can we expect more tweaks in the future?

Having to pay 500K for getting a gear which regular units are able to get in a few days feels really bad. TW please, bring some sense to your game and bring armor prices down to a reasonable cost. I cannot find any sense to the current system where the main character and companions are behind regular troops’ armor during almost the whole campaing (assuming we do not want no steal our wifes).

Let’s suppose I would like to get the best gear for me, for my brother and for two companions… I would have to pay close to 2 millions denars which is a totally ridiculous high price, which makes zero sense. Meanwhile, I can upgrade my regular troops after 5 battles against looters, and they are somehow able to get the best possible gear in the game. Seriously, this totally breaks any kind of immersion, and I cannot understand how devs want to keep up the horrible decision about making high tier armor as an end goal.

Please bring back the Warband system where getting high tier armor to match our troops is not a problem, and masterwork quality armors are the ones which are expensive.
Yeah the prices are a bit crazy. It'd take a Legionary 12,500 days to afford their own body mail with 12 denars a day LOL. (Smiths in Calradia must have pretty lucrative loans going on...)

I mean it'd make sense for ultra-fine equipment that literally only Kings could afford to be 100K+. But reality is most of the common armor should be no more than 25,000 denars.

Unfortunately mid/late-game isn't terribly well thought out, so beyond bribing Nobles - what else do you do with your accumulated wealth? Gear is the only thing most players are guaranteed to spend on. IDK it's not great, but it's something. And in Bannerlord that should not be taken for granted. It's really not that hard to accumulate wealth especially once you manage to get a Town or two to high prosperity.

I thought we'd see a lot more equipment in Bannerlord, but I guess not. There's a real lack of footwear and armwear. For a game that touts itself as an RPG, sure requires a lot suspension of disbelief.

I still don't get how Warband is such a better catered experience. Even just 50 hours in Warband with my one character I feel vastly more accomplished than any of my Bannerlord characters.

End game goals and sh*t man.

But yeah seriously I don't understand why they do things this way. Troops, kingdom management and all that should be end game goals. Not armour ffs.
if they shift those the mediocrity of their game will show too much, I mean, there's nothing to do in-game after you conquer a few fiefs - just a endless hence repeat with fake difficulty through anti-player bias on AI behavior + other mechanics. 🤷‍♂️

I use only one purchased item, the imperial hauberk with mail or w/e with 57 body armor. Everything else is free due to the new loot system and of course smithing. So it's like 250k or whatever to be end-game BIS. Which is practically nothing, even on my best no-KO/death(where armor REALLY matters) playthrough(I conquered about half the map before dying to some BS I couldn't even identify, but due to excessive caution not exactly a short playthough....) I didn't find it too bad to become virtually invulnerable as long as I made sure to never allow a goddamn khan's guard glaive blast or ballista to one shot me.

I use only one purchased item, the imperial hauberk with mail or w/e with 57 body armor. Everything else is free due to the new loot system and of course smithing. So it's like 250k or whatever to be end-game BIS. Which is practically nothing, even on my best no-KO/death(where armor REALLY matters) playthrough(I conquered about half the map before dying to some BS I couldn't even identify, but due to excessive caution not exactly a short playthough....) I didn't find it too bad to become virtually invulnerable as long as I made sure to never allow a goddamn khan's guard glaive blast or ballista to one shot me.

Yes, getting a high tier armor for the player is not excessively hard, and you can get 300k in the first 200 days of the campaign. On the other hand, i am complaining because I find totally wrong that regular troops are the ones wearing these super expensive armors, which breaks any immersion for me, and makes that my family members and companions are usually behind regular troops due to this.

Yes, you can buy a great armor for the main character till day 200-300 (faster is you stole your poor wife), meanwhile you are paying wages for T5-T6 units pretty early in the campaing, which makes no sense.

The biggest related issue for me, is that I do not want to spend millions on armor pieces for my companions/family, so they always feel week compared to regular troops.

I am ok if there are some specific armor pieces which cost 107.826.827.728.937 denars, but only lords should have access to these armors, and not regular troops.

In Warband you can get the same armor than Swadian Knights pretty early, and this does not make the game feels boring or lacking objectives. You still have available some pretty expensive armors with positive modifiers. So you can wear your companions like top tiers units without problem, while you still can spend a lot of money on a better armor which regular units do not have access.

Yes, getting a high tier armor for the player is not excessively hard, and you can get 300k in the first 200 days of the campaign. On the other hand, i am complaining because I find totally wrong that regular troops are the ones wearing these super expensive armors, which breaks any immersion for me, and makes that my family members and companions are usually behind regular troops due to this.

Yes, you can buy a great armor for the main character till day 200-300 (faster is you stole your poor wife), meanwhile you are paying wages for T5-T6 units pretty early in the campaing, which makes no sense.

The biggest related issue for me, is that I do not want to spend millions on armor pieces for my companions/family, so they always feel week compared to regular troops.

I am ok if there are some specific armor pieces which cost 107.826.827.728.937 denars, but only lords should have access to these armors, and not regular troops.

In Warband you can get the same armor than Swadian Knights pretty early, and this does not make the game feels boring or lacking objectives. You still have available some pretty expensive armors with positive modifiers. So you can wear your companions like top tiers units without problem, while you still can spend a lot of money on a better armor which regular units do not have access.

Yes, this is an oddity in game that definitely makes no sense. I kind of think it's more an issue with overly low cost and easy to level high tier troops, however, than it is overpriced gear. Though then more t3-t4 units would then be no-brainers over anything higher, as some already are, but that kind of needs adjusting regardless. Certain gear is kind of absurdly priced, especially considering you can craft weapons that surpass them relatively early in the game. With armor pieces it seems like there's masive increase after a certain tier despite many of them being sidegrades to dramatically cheaper pieces. So, not opposed to bringing gear prices down either.

Back
Top Bottom