High tier armor prices still too high

Users who are viewing this thread

Which is the 'etc...' portion, unrelated to the higher tier armor tangent. There's a ton of opportunities/avenues besides just the building army/stronger character aspect - whether that's better tournaments, more varied bandits, challenging quests, remove party# requirement for quests, and so on.

The small scale bandit fights are there already (if you mean in the ~20 or less battles), bandit hideouts offer some challenge the first one or two go arounds; though maybe a more varied mix of bandits would be nice. Tournaments, I honestly don't think they can ever make it challenging (the practice training is harder than tournaments imo).

End of the day, selling point of the game are the battles, all else is the 'build-up' to said battles (large or small). As it is, the 'build-up' is seriously lacking any impact which is why the battles all feel very grindy.
They dont need to be challenging, but it does need to serve a purpose to fight bandits, bandit hideout or questing for that matter. And as long as there is only really that one goal that is reasonable, then they just dont serve a purpose.

Make armor more challenging/rarer to get (ie simplest is cost factor),

The problem is that armour isn't the limiting factor in reaching the midgame. You could get to the midgame naked if you wanted to, you just wouldn't have a fun time, just having to sit out every battle.

I agree with Sweynforkbeard, what the game needs mkre than anything is alternate paths. Currently Bannerlord is a linear experience despite its open world. Instead of trying to tweak and balance the existing path, taleworlds should make it an absolute priority to properly implement the merchant and bandit playstyles, and even to differentiate the earlygame adventurer route from the later lord route and mercenary route.

The problem is that armour isn't the limiting factor in reaching the midgame. You could get to the midgame naked if you wanted to, you just wouldn't have a fun time, just having to sit out every battle.

I agree with Sweynforkbeard, what the game needs mkre than anything is alternate paths. Currently Bannerlord is a linear experience despite its open world. Instead of trying to tweak and balance the existing path, taleworlds should make it an absolute priority to properly implement the merchant and bandit playstyles, and even to differentiate the earlygame adventurer route from the later lord route and mercenary route.
I'm with you on that, just in trying to keep with the original thread on this particular point with the higher armor/costs.
I do acknowledge there's a ton of other problems tangentially that also make this game very unengaging because of their decisions to not add depth to things like workshops, caravans, bandits/outlaw route, smithing, trader depth, clan 'development', quests, etc...that don't really extend the early/mid game part enough; especially since the late game was a complete afterthought for them.

Back
Top Bottom