In Progress High damage of throwing axes against town gates and siege equipment is a bug or an intended design?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.5
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

CptMuppet

Sergeant
Summary: I found this issue while playing campaign in beta e1.6.4 some time ago. It works exacly the same in beta e.1.6.5 and here I am with this question/potential bug report. The issue is throwing axes can deal very high damage to destructible objects like town gates, barricades and siege engines. When main hero has over 300 throwing skill you can deal about 250-500 damage to said objects while on foot at close to medium distance, depending on hero movement and used axes, and even over 1000 damage riding on a fast horse. You can also easily bounce throwing axes off of gates and siege engines which provide you unlimited ammo in some scenarios, for example destroying town gate. For me it seems like balance issue, but maybe I am wrong. So here is my question:
Is it imba or do I s... simply overestimating usefulness of throwing axes in siege scenarios? Have a nice day!

How to Reproduce: Have main hero with very high throwing skill. Have equipped any throwing axes, but ones with higher damage are better. Preferably also have high athletics and riding skills, and equipped fast horse with light armor. Start siege, lead an assault and start throwing throwing axes at any destructible object you can find. Use movment speed for maximum damage.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No, I have not used any cheats.
Scene Name (if related): Any town or city siege map.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Issue presentation and gate "opening":

Damaging different types of destructibles:

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 472.12
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe

Back
Top Bottom