Hideouts making no sense

Users who are viewing this thread

FreekAut

Recruit
Maybe I am not far enough but as far as I played I am never able to send more then a handful of soldiers into the hideouts. Witch is fine until u have an army of 77 + 5 champions but loose EVERYTHING when u go into a f**king Raid with 8 completely random soldiers and of course u die bcs there r 1000 bandits. I dont get it. I hope this will be changed or somebody please explain the logic behind that. makes no sense to me but besides a few total crashes the game is freaking amazing.. can't stop playing..

stay safe!

First, it's the 8 top soldiers, so you're free to pick who comes.

Second, I dunno how long you've played for, but I haven't seen any hideouts with more than 30-40 bandits myself and that's after quite a few hours. To me that seems reasonable for a challenge for a mid/late char.

Third, it makes all kinds of sense. Maybe the number you bring etc should be influenced by Roguery or something, but the whole idea is a night raid so all the bandits don't just disappear themselves. Which is also why you aren't shouting commands etc. If your whole army came crashing towards the bandits they'd be gone before you ever got close.

After a while those 8 top soldiers will be pretty godlike as they most likely are all decked out, well-skilled companions, yet it's a way for the game to give you some challenge even if you have a huge army.

So yeah, it's not an army battle, but after a while you will be very pleased to have something apart from those too.

Well, I think they're a lot of fun and a nice addition, and should never ever be made into army battles. There are of course plenty of things that should be fixed.

Like I said the whole point is to challenge you with a select handful of troops without the army. Also there should be consequences to failing, and you shouldn't always get some reward for just attempting one like in your flowchart.

A few things I think needs fixing.

I think the number of troops you bring should vary depending on something, probably roguery. Even better, let the player decide between a max number dependent on roguery, and the regular 8 soldiers, and if you pick a too high number and are unlucky, the hideout just re-localizes to somewhere else and you lose your chance at it.

If it's true that they end up with 100's of bandits in the late game, then that has to stop because at that point it is an army battle.

You should be able to send a companion+troops to deal with them. If you e.g specialize in int/cha and can't fight for jack. Of course this can fail too.

The distance you have to walk to finish some of them takes for-friggin-ever if you're in proper armor and don't have 600 athletics.

Also the punishment is a bit too severe as many have said. You get knocked out, yes, but there should be a chance of capture and a chance of them just leaving you and your army rediscovering you and just losing the men you brought.
If they capture you, then do the normal thing, and if you have companions one of them could take your army temporarily, otherwise it should go to a holding. If you don't have either then you're sol on that front.

But the core idea, you+a few men vs overwhelming odds, that bit needs to stay.

ok really helpful thx guys.. yeah still i think you should be able to take more soldiers with u then 8 but ok i get that (personally I would love it if I could assign certain Soldiers for this so I can focus on the equipment and stuff of these guys, Top of the list does not work I tried several times).. BUT loosing your army still makes no sense, at least give me a free escape or something like that.. I'm 40h in and still enjoy every minute but there has to be thing here and there that pisses one off^^

Stop complaining about it. They are very usefull. They keep spawn bandits. Don t bother to destroy them, not worth it. But a band of 2-10 looters can have a lot of prizoniers and many food.

Yes hideouts are ridiculous, especially sea warrior hideouts. Currently around my kingdom there are 4 hideouts with 20+ sea vikings in there, impossible for me and 9 troops to go clear out. I've seen hide outs with 40+ enemies hiding and if you do attempt you are pelted by arrows or skirmishers. The only balanced hideouts I've found thusfar are the desert bandits + the design in their hideouts are nice. Wait a year or so for the modding community to finish this game for the devs.

Every hideout is very doable, no matter the amount of enemy units. Make 1 of your companions a melee unit with shield wall formation and put them in front of units with longbows and watch every enemy just drop without them touching you. The only hideout you can have trouble with is Forest Bandit, but their AI is very bad, as they will never go in melee range of you if you stand behind a tree. I can solo forest bandit hideout doing this. If their AI changes however it will be extremely difficult, but I'm sure we will find a way to beat it as well!

The idea that the bandits will "disappear" if you show up with your whole army, as an argument for why we can only take a handful of troops, is counter-intuitive to the way the game handles roving bands of looters/bandits in that same exact sense. That's the entire reason for the army speed mechanic. They will drop all their hard-won belongings at their hideout and flee in different directions to evade an army, but if we meet them out on the road while they're looking for targets, they're all of a sudden too brave to disperse and attempt to disappear?

The way hideouts work is a holdover from Warband. Some type of mini siege might make more sense. Surround the hideout with your army, fight your way inside.

I haven't done a single bandit hideout in Bannerlord and I don't feel like I have missed anything.

Yes hideouts are ridiculous, especially sea warrior hideouts. Currently around my kingdom there are 4 hideouts with 20+ sea vikings in there, impossible for me and 9 troops to go clear out. I've seen hide outs with 40+ enemies hiding and if you do attempt you are pelted by arrows or skirmishers. The only balanced hideouts I've found thusfar are the desert bandits + the design in their hideouts are nice. Wait a year or so for the modding community to finish this game for the devs.
Just enter the hideout, kill the first few bands/until you can't take on more, then retreat.
Rinse repeat.

Not exactly fun, but if you want to get rid of them then it works.

Back
Top Bottom