Hideouts are impossible

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, hideouts are impossible. They kill all your companions with arrows and javelins. A Mountain hideout, almost impossible. A Sea Raider hideout, almost impossible. But a Forest hideout ... are you kidding me? Not even Chuck Norris could destroy that hideout.

Hmm, agree about the forest one. But not impossible, very challenging depending on the amounts in them. But Forestry definitely feels unbalanced.

I've cleared plenty of the others, but I do tend to stack my top end chaps at the top of the parties list - and mix it up with infantry and ranged (and then remember to give them the fire at will command). The last one that was "impossible" for me was indeed forestry, but while I knew it had 30+ men in it, I didn't quite expect to meet what felt like ALL of them (18 or something, it was crazy!) at the first point. The utter hailstorm of arrows obliterated top tier troops when usually they manage to work fine on the others.

The main issue is if they're fully manned. One i attacked had a squad move out before i managed to attack it, making it easier, but a full one, specially the archers, is insane.

Oh come on, if the game is too hard, just play with 1/3 damage. Yes, many hideouts are too difficult to capture but not impossible. Especially when you can attack more than once.

Really? I've found some a little challenging but I've only failed 1 because I was derpy and went in with low HP. It's not what I do but maybe take 3 shields and a fast one handed melee, and use the landscape to cut LOS? That's always been a pretty sure fire way I've found in M&B games for dealing with lots of ranged

I havent tried sea raider since it crashed my game on release, but the others I found that the bandit archers have a accuracy problem at a certain range, so I cleared them by simply bowing them down at far range, and if I started taking damage, turn and zig zag back like 10-15 paces, and start shooting again. The key with this is to string your bow, shoot, then strife 2ft as the enemy arrows in air will miss you. As they get close though they will pin cushion ya lol.

I also stationed my troops behind a building in some of them, as to lure the bandits to the building by kiting them through it, so my units werent being picked off at range the entire time. Gonna try the sea raider camp today as I assume its fixed if its working for you guys.

I tried multiple times to assult a hard difficulty hideout with veteran class infantry (2/3 dmg setting). All my men got shot before they even raeached the first fireplace, and they had shields. The AI accuracy is out of this world. :razz:

Really? I've found some a little challenging but I've only failed 1 because I was derpy and went in with low HP. It's not what I do but maybe take 3 shields and a fast one handed melee, and use the landscape to cut LOS? That's always been a pretty sure fire way I've found in M&B games for dealing with lots of ranged

At the beginning of the game the opposite happened, they were very easy because they had few bandits, but right now they all have 30 guys in there. They attack you in groups of 5, the hillmen can still handle them, but the problem is that more than half are highwayman ... Really, there would be no problem if my soldiers knew how to use the f *** ing shield to cover themselves. My character is not an archer and I do not use a bow, my technique is to take a super shield and advance myself trying to stop all the javelins so that my stupid soldiers do not die. But when I get to the boss, I have the shield so damaged that I can't cover myself with it, and then I'm dead.

I agree with you they're pretty god damn hard lol. I once cleared a hideout of 50 sea raiders but it took me 25+ tries and using save. It might be pretty impossible but honestly I loved the challenge because when i won it was so god damn satisfying. The secret is to have a pretty specific build. Bring a bow. Knock out the sentries as they are on patrol. Groups of raiders that sit around campfires can be seperated with this one trick. You shoot a bow not AT the enemies but near them. This will cause a few of them to get up and investigate. keep firing arrows until they are far enough from the rest and you can actually start shooting them. They will take a while to react but you can finish most of them off and kill the last guy you aggro'd from the main. then you just take out the rest who didn't follow. you'll need to rinse & repeat this method to clear out the entire lair. It's possible , just time consuming & hard.

I never had any trouble doing hideouts, and this is on high difficulty (no damage reduction). Give orders (by default companions are set to hold fire in hideouts), use shield, use range, take them by groups. I did probably like 30 hideouts and i failed just 1 or 2, because i got oneshot by javelins. Only the searaiders one are tough, but it was the same in Warband, just because searaiders ARE tough :wink:

I never had any trouble doing hideouts, and this is on high difficulty (no damage reduction). Give orders (by default companions are set to hold fire in hideouts), use shield, use range, take them by groups. I did probably like 30 hideouts and i failed just 1 or 2, because i got oneshot by javelins. Only the searaiders one are tough, but it was the same in Warband, just because searaiders ARE tough :wink:

Yes, Sea Raiders in Warband were tough too. But the problem is that sometimes there are too many troops in hideouts. A hideout with 10 is not the same as one with 50. And you always have 10 to attack. I play with full damage, of course, and when you have 20 forest bandits shooting arrows at you at once, and you have to reach them on foot, and also your soldiers are so idiots that they don't know how to use the shield to cover themselves ... problem is the number. In many hideouts 40-50 bandits accumulate before reaching the boss. From what I read, those who have no problem with hideouts use the bow, but I have a character for close combat. Even if you put archers in the group, it is impossible to get a group of 4-5 high level bandits not to kill one or two of your soldiers with a javelin every time you face. In the first group you make everyone live. In the second, they kill one. In the third, they kill two. When you get to the room you are already in numerical equality with them. In the last group they are more than you. And after you get the boss group, and you are without a shield. I have a level 10 character, I can't face him without a shield. But a level 20 character can´t face him without shield. He is much faster than you.

It really depends, the good thing is you can check how many bandits are in a hideout before you attack it, so make sure you aren't attacking one with say 20 bandits.

There's some e-peen in this thread.

Guys the devs known that there's some problems with hideouts right now. I'm sure they'll get around to it once more basic issues are fixed, such as AI snowballing

Take only archers in with you by pushing them to the top of your list in party. They start holding fire so tell them to open fire and to follow you and you can get through them without losing a single man.

Back
Top Bottom