Hideouts are impossible

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, hideouts are impossible. They kill all your companions with arrows and javelins. A Mountain hideout, almost impossible. A Sea Raider hideout, almost impossible. But a Forest hideout ... are you kidding me? Not even Chuck Norris could destroy that hideout.

There's another post on this same page about it but I'll copy paste what I said there

''The best way to do it for me (on realistic) is to have a couple top tier shield troops and the rest top tier archers,just clean a ''minicamp'' holding your archers with your shield guys taking the hits. It's not a 100% strategy but I've been cleaning forest hideouts of 30-40 ppl for a while now.
As for the duel...Bannerlord combat is more dificult than WB,it is what it is,if you can't win the one on one with a one-handed weapon and a shield you need to improve your gear or your skill (I don't mean it in a bad way,I started my first playthrough on realistic and had to tone it down to 2/3 until I got better with the new combat) ''

I agree,they're kind of hard,maybe more than intended but they're totally doable. One cool thing I would like to see tho is a little window to choose your troops before entering the hideout.

There's another post on this same page about it but I'll copy paste what I said there

''The best way to do it for me (on realistic) is to have a couple top tier shield troops and the rest top tier archers,just clean a ''minicamp'' holding your archers with your shield guys taking the hits. It's not a 100% strategy but I've been cleaning forest hideouts of 30-40 ppl for a while now.
As for the duel...Bannerlord combat is more dificult than WB,it is what it is,if you can't win the one on one with a one-handed weapon and a shield you need to improve your gear or your skill (I don't mean it in a bad way,I started my first playthrough on realistic and had to tone it down to 2/3 until I got better with the new combat) ''

I agree,they're kind of hard,maybe more than intended but they're totally doable. One cool thing I would like to see tho is a little window to choose your troops before entering the hideout.
Lemme just pull some top tier troops out of my prison wallet in the beginning of the game.

i find this is quite easy. Because i have top armour weapons and good troops. But i have tried 2 hidehout at the beginning, first one was ok, second one impossible. You need to have stuff and troops. Also, be carefull before attacking, you have symbols showing you how many groups are inside. From 0 to 4 or 5. Wait for them to get out and attack when you have only 1 or 2.

Yes 0 is possible, today i attack one and go directly on boss.

You can train troops pretty effectively killing looters since they can never actually kill your troops. I usually have money issues at the start of the game because I always carry high tier units.

I find it ridiculous that, if you get a stray javelin to the head and fall unconscious, suddenly your 70 troop party gets captured by 4 mountain bandits.

I understand there must be punishment for losing the fight, but losing a whole party because of it? like a lot of the EA, feels like a rushed decision.

This is not a full game,that's the whole point of the EA,let the people play it in order to improve it,it's not ''rushed'' it is ''incomplete'' for obvious reasons xD

I find it ridiculous that, if you get a stray javelin to the head and fall unconscious, suddenly your 70 troop party gets captured by 4 mountain bandits.

I understand there must be punishment for losing the fight, but losing a whole party because of it? like a lot of the EA, feels like a rushed decision.
THIS.
Why from the beginning must I personally lead this attack, instead of sending some cannon fodder, maybe with some useless companion?

Afaik they patched that already,your army rescues you after you fail I think.
Afaik no. I'm writing this with my hands tied up and with chains on my legs. Rescue me (and my 40 ppl party) please ASAP.

I've only had problem with one hideout map where there are two camps on different hills. I'm almost certain they are the forest bandit maps. I had to charge up a hill, which exposes me to their arrows, and there will be 10+ on the first hill, and I lost most of my elite infantry right there.
I've had quite a bit of fun dealing with the sea raider hideouts. The caves are kinda omnivorous but do not put me at too much disadvantage, as the sea raiders actually seated around a table of sorts and I could take advantage of the time it took for them to stand up. There's another one, I got that in the Khuzait area and there's just this valley I had to go through and the enemy camp is right on the other side, that one's ok too. I haven't had the chance to try the desert hideouts yet.

I think hideouts do not grow aka if there are many bandits, wait till parties leave and take it one then. I usually just wait a while and then face 15 men where you can subtract 5 as bodyguards+boss from the initial fight spread over four locations. A bad headshot is still annoying, but then it becomes pretty doable.

Afaik no. I'm writing this with my hands tied up and with chains on my legs. Rescue me (and my 40 ppl party) please ASAP.

You should get dragged out by your men even in defeat. At least happened to me a couple of times.

THIS.
Why from the beginning must I personally lead this attack, instead of sending some cannon fodder, maybe with some useless companion?

They did patch that. If you're not getting dragged out, you either don't have others in your party or are playing on an old patch.

The hideouts are totally broken and I avoid them. They are nearly impossible to successfully win by combat and also impossible to sneak through. This aspect of the game seems unfinished and basically a placeholder at this point.

One other thing that seems bugged is that the troops at the top of my roster don't get pulled into the attack. The units I have in my army are pulled at random. Nomads can't do much by die instantly in the attack.

Another option to tackle these is to kill only some of the bandits and retreat after a reasonable amount of time/wounds so you don't loose troops and minimize damage. This will trigger a cool down on the lair but it makes them doable, am not sure if doing this changes the reward in the end however. I tend to retreat and patrol around the lair taking out a party or two then come back and finish the job and can usually finish the hideout in two or three tries.

Hideouts are hard but you can allways pull back after you've killed a few. Then you rest for a day and go back in. That's how I minimize enemies til lthe camp is cleared. There's plenty of time for the mission anyway. A full camp can last 4-5 days.

I found that Desert Bandit hideouts aren't too bad. They only have a few guys who throw javs, and it's secluded enough that you don't spawn in and get instantly massacred with ranged.

The whole concept still really pisses me off though. Why, WHY, WHY I only take a few people in? Stealth? Screw that, send in everyone. If I want to take 200 troops into a hideout, what exactly is stopping me? Why should I have to wait for nightfall?

I've seen a few suggestions to make them "mini-sieges" where the hideout is fortified and you can use your whole force, I like that idea.

They do need to change a bit, right now the hideouts are kind of in a weird spot in the progression where you need to have a smaller army and decent equipment on followers. This in of itself isn't unreasonable but when you factor in the cost associated with the equipment needed and to a lesser the cost of the army the hideouts aren't a great option at that point where you can afford to do them. I would like to see changes to open them up a bit more for weaker groups so they are something worth going after early as something of an alternate to trade or chasing looters.

Would also agree that having the option to fully raid them is a good idea. There is room for an ambush small raid as they are but I would say as an option to have a more challenging experience with a greater reward. For example if you say ambush a hideout you can take the wounded and their loot with you as prisoners when retreating.

Another option of course would be to change how they play, maybe turn them into a skirmish format where your team is replenished from your party troops which could be pretty interesting if more hideout scenes are made.

Back
Top Bottom